Cruise Director Listing - June 2009 - September 2009

How do they rotate cruise directors? (Do they even rotate?? Or do they work their way up to "better" ships?)

We had Allen Brooks in 2006 on EOS and LOVED him! We're going again next June and was happy to see him still working with RCI!

I'm not sure but I believe there may be a seniority system where CDs have some voice in indicating which ships that they prefer to work on, but in the end, I am sure that someone at RCI has the final say in making assignments. What criteria is used I do not know but I suspect that passenger comment cards are helpful in evaluating the performance of the CDs and their staff.:)

• 3 weeks later...
Just being nosey - is that London in England if so we are from Kent and are on the Jewel of the Seas in September for a TA crossing.

Barbara

Yes it is London England, our next cruise is the new Celebrity Equinox next week, after that The Navigator in November, and then on to The Oasis for December. I know you will enjoy the Jewel it is a lovely ship.

Anyone know if Eric Dowis will return??

He is apparently no longer employed at RCCL. He left in March 2009. We had Mike as the CD and he was ok. The whole CD staff seemed a bit "off" on our sailing but they may have been trying to get acclimated to a new situation.

Just discovered Allan Brooks will be CD on the Freedom when we sail in September, anyone been on cruise wiith him before and if so what is he like?

Thanks

Birman

He's great! Younger guy, Canadian I think. Loads of energy and humour!

The CD's that I enjoyed sailing with are Casey Pelter, Chris Northey, Keith Williams, Dan Whitney, Carly, and Rico DuBriel. Gavin Brown is gone now, but he was great, too.

Each person has a different approach, and although I had a good time on all of my cruises, they have different 'feel's depending on the Cruise Director.

One of the writers here mentioned possibly having a fun and upbeat cruise director for a 3 night cruise, but maybe not so much for 14 nights. I can see how that might happen.

Glad to see Graham Seymour is still the Cruise Director on the Independence. He was on last year when we went and he was great. I see he will be on it when we go again on the 15th August. I am really pleased about that.:):)

Graham Seymour is my all time favorite CD. I think he is just hilarious. So sad to see his last sailing will be the week before we board on Nov 23 so I guess we'll have someone new for the TransAtlantic.

I'll second that. Just had an email from Kirk and he will be on Radiance from 9/4/09 until 1/11/10.:D

Patti

I know you've cruised many times on Radiance and I was at first excited that Kirk, was going to be our CD, because you said he was terrific.

Now I find out that Warren Allen will be our Cd - is he any good?

Patti

I know you've cruised many times on Radiance and I was at first excited that Kirk, was going to be our CD, because you said he was terrific.

Now I find out that Warren Allen will be our Cd - is he any good?

he ok bit he not a realy active cd like kirk alway runnibg up down ship

• 2 weeks later...
I was just on the Freedom a couple of weeks ago and the assistant to Richard Spacey was Leigh Daniels. Richard said he was leaving after that cruise to become a cruise director but I didn't hear on what ship. Does anyone know?

We were on Richard Spacey's last cruise on Freedom 19th July.He had a meeting session outside the Schooner bar after the show one night so we had a chat to him and took a couple of photo's.I asked him wher he was going,he said to Turku Finland to join Oasis....

Thanks for sharing the list of the Cruise Directors. Do you by any chance have a listing of the Activities Managers? Am trying to find out what Royal Caribbean ship Leigh Daniels (Xuereb) is on now. Anybody know.?

Thanks

Diamond Cruiser

he on the freedom

Radiance Update:

Warren, the scheduled cruise director on the Radiance severely injured his leg on the 8/7 sailing.

DAN WHITTNEY (one of my all time favorites) has replaced him as of 8/14 it was nice to see dan on that sailing!

Dan will just be there until August 31 when Kirk returns from vacation. Kirk will be on board until January 11.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived