will laundry line dry clothes

Buffalo Man

You can put in a special request that they're not to be put in the dryer, but I don't know where or how they would dry the tops because those rooms are compact and I don't think they have lines to hang clothing. You might ask they be dry cleaned rather than washed.

Some ships don't have the retractable clotheslines (Solstice, for example).

Google 'FlexoLine' travel clotheslines. I used it everyday. Loop over the shower head, and clothes hook, door, etc. It can support hangers also, in case you don't want to have the tops dry cleaned. I would be surprised if the ship's laundry will line dry - if they do, that's great!

Line Dry? LOL I was reminded of the time we were offered a laundry opportunity in which we were given a paper bag that we could stuff with laundry and whatever we could fit would be free. I don't know what happened, a miscommunication perhaps, but the clothes came back clean but they were wrinkled beyond belief, which must have required some additional effort to make it look so bad. We were so shocked all we could do is laugh; it wasn't a big deal to us, just most peculiar.

To the above poster - the bag of laundry specials usually do not include any pressing. The regular, priced by the item, laundry prices do include pressing of appropriate items which are returned on hangers. On the one hand I don't know how they dry items but on the other hand we haven't had a problem with items shrinking - the laundry service is usually excellent.

To the original poster: Your stateroom attendant, or customer service on board, might be able to answer your question in advance. But sometimes there is enough of a language problem that things like this are hard to communicate. If you're worried and can't communicate well enough with your room steward to feel comfortable then stop by the front desk and ask about it.

My wife has a 100% cotton tops that tend to shrink if put in a dryer. Will the laundry service line dry them?

Thanks,

Richard

All my 100% cotton tops go in the dryer. Haven't had a problem yet.

We've found Celebrity's laundry service to be excellent and reasonably priced. I'm happy to let them do the work when I'm on vacation.

If your wife has any doubts about someone doing her nice tops, I wouldn't send them. Either just rinse out in the room with a little shampoo (great for hand washables) and line dry OR take home to wash. Can't blame the huge ship's laundry if something doens't come out the way it does at home.

My wife has a 100% cotton tops that tend to shrink if put in a dryer. Will the laundry service line dry them?

Thanks,

Richard

I laugh every time I try to imagine the laundry service "line drying " everyones clothes..where would they do that:eek:

Reminds me of the time when I was 21 and traveling with five roommates in Europe. We were staying in a small Pension on the coast near Nice. The first night we did some laundry and hung our underwear on a clothes line outside our window. Next morning it was all gone! Eventually we saw it - hanging on the rigging of a US Navy ship moored in the bay. The ship was being used for a summer training experience for US Naval Academy Midshipmen. We did get it back and met some really cool guys in the process.

Archived