Pinnicle Grill dress code

TiogaCruiser

We will be going to Alaska in a few weeks. We were given a thoughtful gift of dinner at the Pinnicle. While we appreciate it, we are NOT planning on dressing up any more than "smart casual". Last year we were under the impression one had to "dress up" for it and hence we elected to not attend. Not sure yet what we will do this year.

So- could someone clue me in as to how "dressed up" one must be to go there? And do the guys have to have a tie? Jacket?

THanks!

We will be going to Alaska in a few weeks. We were given a thoughtful gift of dinner at the Pinnicle. While we appreciate it, we are NOT planning on dressing up any more than "smart casual". Last year we were under the impression one had to "dress up" for it and hence we elected to not attend. Not sure yet what we will do this year.

So- could someone clue me in as to how "dressed up" one must be to go there? And do the guys have to have a tie? Jacket?

THanks!

The PG falls under the ship's 'suggested' dress code of the day. In other words, if it's a formal night on the ship, HAL would like you to dress formal in the PG also. If it's a 'smart casual' night, same thing applies. Most men wear a jacket (not necessarily with a tie) in the PG. However, I've also seen guys in there w/o a jacket and, at last report, those individuals were not keel hauled.;) Hope that helps, have a great cruise!

When we ate at the PG, I wore black slacks and and nice top. DH wore silk khakis and nice shirt. We ate at the PG twice. I saw several people in shorts, not that I would wear shorts, but they did let them in.

We dined at the Pinnacle three times on our recent Noordam cruise in the Med. On the nights and times we were there, I would estimate about half of the men (that includes me) wore a nice shirt and slacks without tie or jacket on smart casual nights.

Joe

For dinner -- I have yet to see anyone wear shorts in the Pinnacle Grill.

On formal nights, people do dress up. Some men wear tuxedos while other wear a suit or jacket with tie. Ladies wear long skirts, gowns, cocktail dresses, fancy pants and tops.

Smart casual - some men will wear a suit or a jacket without or with - not required on these nights. Most men now wear dress shirts or sport shirts or polo shirts. Ladies still wear dresses, etc.

Just imagine what you would wear to a very, very upscale restaurant. Ladies, slacks with a fancy top or dress; men (my husband) slacks, shirt with no tie, but DEFINITELY a jacket. No shorts or jeans or capris, in my opinion.

Unless, of course, as others have said, it's a formal night.

We ate at the PG twice. I saw several people in shorts, not that I would wear shorts, but they did let them in.
For dinner? :eek: No one should be wearing shorts after 5:00p on any night. HAL says:

"... tank tops and shorts are not allowed in the restaurants or public areas during the evening hours. "

Just imagine what you would wear to a very, very upscale restaurant. Ladies, slacks with a fancy top or dress; men (my husband) slacks, shirt with no tie, but DEFINITELY a jacket.
I, and I believe a majority on this board, disagree. I don't consider the PG that upscale.

Just imagine what you would wear to a very, very upscale restaurant. Ladies, slacks with a fancy top or dress; men (my husband) slacks, shirt with no tie, but DEFINITELY a jacket. No shorts or jeans or capris, in my opinion.

Unless, of course, as others have said, it's a formal night.

We've attended the PG three nights, always "smart casual" and have seen a variety of clothing. As a matter of fact, on our Alaska cruise we were in the PG twice and I don't recall seeing any men in jackets. Nor did we see anyone in shorts in AK or Mexico in the PG.

I happen to prefer seeing a gentleman in a jacket. Not necessary, but very nice.
I choose to wear a jacket in the PG on smart casual nights, but I was objecting to your emphatic "DEFINITELY". Many men choose not to wear a jacket, and think that is just fine. :)

'DEFINITELY" is how I feel about my husband and a jacket. I wasn't making a statement for every man. Good thing he doesn't mind.:D You know how it is in Florida; we're always casual so it's quite nice to get guzzied up once in a while.

Archived