Price Drop Question

How do you know if the prices drop. It may be a question that everyone knows, but I don't and I want to know how I check for a price drop. Our cruise is not until next spring, but I definitely want to keep checking if someone will tell me how to do that. Thanks.

How do you know if the prices drop. It may be a question that everyone knows, but I don't and I want to know how I check for a price drop. Our cruise is not until next spring, but I definitely want to keep checking if someone will tell me how to do that. Thanks.

Go to RCCL's web site for the cruise you have booked or are interested in booking. Go through the cruise purchase process, starting with the link "Plan a Cruise". When you get the price of the cabin category you are interested in, write it down. Then, go back and do the same thing REPEATEDLY until you see a lower price. Call your TA or RCCL and either book the cruise, or ask for the lower price if you already have a booking on that cruise.

I do this daily, sometimes twice daily. It almost always pays off if you book early. I have 5 cruises booked right now, and only one hasn't had a price drop since I booked, but I book 18 months in advance sometimes to get the cabin I want.

Go to RCCL's web site for the cruise you have booked or are interested in booking. Go through the cruise purchase process, starting with the link "Plan a Cruise". When you get the price of the cabin category you are interested in, write it down. Then, go back and do the same thing REPEATEDLY until you see a lower price. Call your TA or RCCL and either book the cruise, or ask for the lower price if you already have a booking on that cruise.

I do this daily, sometimes twice daily. It almost always pays off if you book early. I have 5 cruises booked right now, and only one hasn't had a price drop since I booked, but I book 18 months in advance sometimes to get the cabin I want.

or you can download cruise shark dot net and let it do its thing for you.

If you read the posts from the TA's about the advantages of using a TA - they will do all the work for you. You simply enjoy your day and they will diligently check prices everyday for your cruise and they will call RCCL and get the reduction for you. Ya, right!

Peter

If you read the posts from the TA's about the advantages of using a TA - they will do all the work for you. You simply enjoy your day and they will diligently check prices everyday for your cruise and they will call RCCL and get the reduction for you. Ya, right!

Peter

Obviously you have no respect for any TA.

I do what you don't believe they do.

Those that do watch for price drops can provide references if asked

Peter

Mine does, she has saved me $1200+ on one of my next cruises. She searches and then calls me.

When you do this the first time, when you get to the page with the list of cabin types on it, book mark it. Then the next time all you need to do is go to the bookmark and the computer does all the work for you! One word of caution, make sure you are not logged into the Royal website the first time or you will get an error when you try to go back telling you that you are not signed in. Takes 30 second to check from then on!

Mine does, she has saved me $1200+ on one of my next cruises. She searches and then calls me.

How do you know it wasn't more than $1200+? And a question for Cruisinfanatic: just exactly how do you supply "references" that you check everyday for price decreases on all of your clients?

Peter

How do you know it wasn't more than $1200+? And a question for Cruisinfanatic: just exactly how do you supply "references" that you check everyday for price decreases on all of your clients?

Peter

references from past clients that have received price decreases

Archived