Carnival's L-Shape Cabin - need info

Hello :D

I will be sailing the Carnival Freedom in March. I booked the L-shaped cabin. I would love to hear the good, the bad, and the ugly of this type room. I know I'm going to love the larger balcony - but the room I'm concerned with. If you can share photos that would be great too!

Thanks!

WildcatCruiser99

We had an "L" shaped cabin on The Destiny, which I would assume to be similar. Great cabin. Best cabin I have been in by a long shot. Seemed larger but may have been the layout. It was refreshing to have an unique shaped cabin. I saw no negatives. The one big positive is that our cabin had a true queen bed, not two beds put together. The balcony is flat off the charts. Worth booking this type cabin just for the balcony

There is one bad thing about this cabin. You probably will never be able to sail in a regular cabin again.

Sorry but can not find my pictures of the cabin at the moment.

MexicoBob

Hello :D

I will be sailing the Carnival Freedom in March. I booked the L-shaped cabin. I would love to hear the good, the bad, and the ugly of this type room. I know I'm going to love the larger balcony - but the room I'm concerned with. If you can share photos that would be great too!

Thanks!

WildcatCruiser99

From the research I have done on these they are NICE. The "L" Cabins on Deck 6 are a little Bigger and have a couch in them while the cabins on Deck 7 only have a small table and chair. Both have the extended size balconies and that's what everyone books them for. If it were me, I would try to get a Corner "L" Shaped on Deck 6. Just peak around the divider on that Great Balcony and you will see the ships wake;):D.. Good Luck..

We had an "L" shaped cabin on The Destiny, which I would assume to be similar. Great cabin. Best cabin I have been in by a long shot. Seemed larger but may have been the layout. It was refreshing to have an unique shaped cabin. I saw no negatives. The one big positive is that our cabin had a true queen bed, not two beds put together. The balcony is flat off the charts. Worth booking this type cabin just for the balcony

There is one bad thing about this cabin. You probably will never be able to sail in a regular cabin again.

Sorry but can not find my pictures of the cabin at the moment.

MexicoBob

We've had 2 of these cabins, one on Liberty & one on Triumph. Triumph had a sofa, Liberty did not. Looking at Destiny for our next cruise - does this cabin have a sofa?

The one big positive is that our cabin had a true queen bed, not two beds put together.

I've reserved an L-shaped room on the Valor for my next cruise, and I only did so because I heard that the bed can indeed be separated into two twins. I'm really looking forward to finally having a balcony room (with an extended balcony, at that!)... BUT, it is very important that the bed can be separated!

Anyone ever have an L-shaped room on Valor that can confirm this for me?

I've reserved an L-shaped room on the Valor for my next cruise, and I only did so because I heard that the bed can indeed be separated into two twins. I'm really looking forward to finally having a balcony room (with an extended balcony, at that!)... BUT, it is very important that the bed can be separated!

Anyone ever have an L-shaped room on Valor that can confirm this for me?

According to Carnival's deck plans, they can be separated.

I won't know for sure until May. My mom has one reserved.

I also have an "L-shaped" cabin reserved on deck 7 on Liberty. I am traveling with dd21, and while I don't mind sharing a bed with her, my pvp never said it was a queen that couldn't be separated. Also, the deck plans don't show it as a queen - at least as far as I can see. Hoping it is 2 twins...

When I booked my cruise on the Freedom - I was told it was a true Queen size bed - not two twin beds pushed together. I booked directly through Carnival - You might want to call. I guess it could be different from ship to ship.

Happy Cruising!

WildcatCruiser99 :D

I'm just back from the Freedom and had cabin 6450, which is one of the L-shaped cabins. We loved the cabin! It has an extra long balcony and we really enjoyed our time out there.

The bed in 6450 was two twins pushed together to make a king. However, due to the way this room is laid out, I don't know if there would be room enough to separate them. The bathroom door is close to the bed, but we had no issues with that. There was still plenty of room to get in and out of the bathroom.

Before we cruised, I was concerned about possible noise in this cabin from the lounge below, but I'm happy to say this was not a problem in 6450. I could hear music from the lounge out in the hallway and also in the cabin bathroom, but not in the cabin itself. I'm not sure if this would hold true for the other L-shaped cabins on deck 6. For those on deck 7, it should not be a problem at all, since they are between passenger decks.

What we did find was that there was pretty significant vibration in the room when the ship was docking or leaving port (but at no other time). This would last for a few minutes (maybe 5 or so?) and then would stop. I think this vibration was probably felt by most of the far-aft cabins. This was not really a problem to us since we were usually awake and getting ready to go into port. We just joked that we didn't need to put a quarter in the bed for a Magic Fingers Massage-LOL.:D

The only other thing about this cabin, is it did not have a sofa and only had one chair. I did miss having the sofa, but the big balcony was a great trade-off. We found ourselves staying more on the balcony because of the lack of seating in the cabin--so really it was a good thing. We really got our money's worth out of the balcony.

I don't have my pictures downloaded yet, but I do have some pictures of the cabin. I'll try to get them up in the next couple of days.

Cruisebie - Thanks for your comments above. I was really worried about the bathroom - but glad to hear you had no problems. Carnival told us that our room would not have a couch. For us, it was usually "a catch all". I agree that the extra balcony is a GREAT trade-off.

Can't wait to see pictures! Thanks for sharing :D

According to Carnival's deck plans, they can be separated.

Yep, that's why I'd decided to go ahead and book this cabin, because I'm a very restless sleeper and I don't think my friend would appreciate my night-time acrobatics. :p

I'm just back from the Freedom and had cabin 6450, which is one of the L-shaped cabins....

We're booked in 6481 on the Valor, which appears to be the mirror image of your 6450.

The bed in 6450 was two twins pushed together to make a king. However, due to the way this room is laid out, I don't know if there would be room enough to separate them.

From picture I've seen of this type of cabin, it does look like it would be a tight fit to separate them. But on the other hand... why would Carnival push two twins together (that can't be separated due to lack of space) when they could have just put in a queen bed instead? :confused:

The bathroom door is close to the bed,

I've noticed that right away in the same pictures ~ :eek:! I've already decided to call dibs on the bed (or side of bed :p) furthest away, LOL. :D

The lack of a couch doesn't bother me; I've never had one in on a cruise anyway and plan to be spending my time out on the lovely balcony instead. ;)

Looking forward to seeing your pix!

Archived