Krystal Puerto Vallarta

clusgluk

I am intrigued by the massage option at the Krystal Resort, but I can't find phone number to book a massage. Also, the rest of my family, 2 boys and my husband want to do some zips, so reading that the Krystal Resort is close to the port for our ship, I am thinking of doing the Krystal massage and the guys go off to zip and meet me at the Krystal. My husband is nervous about seperating. Any opinions on that? I think we'll be fine, but I am open to the cons on this.

We had the most wonderful massages at Krystal's in April 2008. We walked there, but if your DH is worried about separating (your safety?) just take a taxi there and then you can all walk back to the ship. Enjoy!

BTW I think ship time is different from PV time, but I can't remember which way. So when you make your appointment, he'll tell you in PV time.

I was just there last week on the Splendor and we (myself and 2 girlfriends) got massages. SOOOO good! They charged us $45 per person. Only downside was that they massage your head....with oil on their hands :rolleyes:.

We walked to and from the ship and felt perfectly safe. As long as you know where to go, no problem. I had seen a picture on here that pointed out where the Krystal was. Well they were wrong, so we had to ask a few people along the way. Each one said it was the next building over, but it was actually a few down from the first place we tried. Still didn't take long at all. After the massage you can hang out at their pools/beach for free which was very nice. Had some food and drinks there as well. Highly recommend it!

Are there windows in any of the rooms or are they all windowless?

It's so pretty at the resort that it'd be nice to see outside if you're just relaxing in the "community part" of the spa facilities. And natural light is good in most cases. Of course that's only as long as no one can see inside the windows!!:eek:

Thanks to all who replied, I was able to book day and time of my preference and only $40USD, woo hoo!!! I am a bit disappointed as I wanted it outside, but at that price, one can't be picky.

Sailing on the Mariner in 5 days!!!:eek:

COPIES OF PRIOR POSTS BELOW

Many folks take a 10 minute walk and get in free at the Krystal (just walk right in, from the sand is even better). The Krystal is this side of the 3 buildings under construction in the background, and google's vision of it from above. Most cruiser's here seem to report having a great experience at the Krystal, which has a nice beach also.

IMG_9247.jpg

Krtystal2PV.jpg

. . . I was able to book day and time of my preference and only $40USD . . .

I was quoted $95USD for 2 massages, which would be $45USD per person! Yours is really only $40USD for 1 person????

I don't think they check their email daily. I had emailed a few times for info and it sometimes took a couple of days to respond. When I emailed to book the massages, it took over a week. After a few days I decided to call just to be sure I got the times we wanted, then got the email response the next week.

Need some advice!!! My husband and I have booked a message for 10:30 PV time. Just realized that our ship doesn't get in until 9:00 ship time!!!!!! Do you guys think that we will make it there on time??? I have heard that it only takes about 10 mins to walk to the resort from the ship.....is this true?

Dominique

Need some advice!!! My husband and I have booked a message for 10:30 PV time. Just realized that our ship doesn't get in until 9:00 ship time!!!!!! Do you guys think that we will make it there on time??? I have heard that it only takes about 10 mins to walk to the resort from the ship.....is this true?

Dominique

If they did start letting people off the ship around 9 ship time, you'd be fine. It probably is about a 10 min walk. Maybe 15 to figure out exactly where it's at and to get into the spa. We actually got in early to PV so we could have very easily made the 10:30. The only problem is IF there is some hold up and you get in late or they don't let passengers off right away. Not likely to happen, but always a chance.

- Jamie, thank you very much for your response. I have already told my husband that he needs to plan on being ready early so we can be the first ones off that ship! :) I don't want to miss a single min of our messages :D

Dominique

Just returned. We swam in their great pool and played on great beaches while my Niece had a out of this world maggage. Beautiful spa and really nice people . Leo came out to get her at the pool and took her there no problems great people and great price. The cruise ship was put to shame I had a message there it was the worst i have ever had high sales pressure to but their facial creams then rushed me out when i said no thanks. The message was not relaxing i felt that she rushed through and was a robot. For the price i was very disapointed. So go for it at the Krystal.

Just got back from the Mariner and my friend and I both got 75 mins massages that were FANTASTIC! Highly recommended and the facilities were great (new and clean). We paid $40 each for the cash price. The only issue I had is that we werent staying in PV one more night so I couldnt schedule my return visit.....

Do you need a reservation for a massage at the Krystal, or can you just show up? Is the resort worth visiting otherwise?

Thanks

I think it's best to have a reservation, but if they have availability, they will likely take walk in customers. (why not?)

The pool area is nice, but more crowded each time we've been there....still nice though....

Wonder if the timeshare people object to the cruiseline people filling up their:eek: pool?

Archived