online check in mess up

gypsyleo

We leave for Alaska out of Seattle tomorrow. Last night I was going to fill out online check in forms and guess what??? can only do it up to 3 days prior to boarding. So.. we haven't even left yet and we already have messed up. So for all of you in the know, will our embarkation process be hell now?? Are we doomed to wait and wait forever while receiving dirty looks from all around???

We had the same unpleasant surprise before our first cruise, but truly, it is not a big deal at all. Do fill in the papers in the Boarding Documents you got, and it will all be very quick.

You will have a wonderful time. We just got back, and it was fabulous.

We cruised with some friends who forgot and waited too long also. We all got to the dock together, they were so afraid of a hassle, and yes, we breezed through and they had some paperwork to fill out. So we waited off to the side to get the welcome photo together. Of course, I stood there with my 'air of superiority' because I'd checked in on line, but in about 2min max, they were with us! Fantastic. They filled out the passport stuff, chargecard and signed a few things, and off we went.

So don't sweat it. Online check-in helps, but the counter people are very nice and there aren't many jerks such as I standing around.

Have a grand time. Wish we were with you.

Denny

We leave for Alaska out of Seattle tomorrow. Last night I was going to fill out online check in forms and guess what??? can only do it up to 3 days prior to boarding. So.. we haven't even left yet and we already have messed up. So for all of you in the know, will our embarkation process be hell now?? Are we doomed to wait and wait forever while receiving dirty looks from all around???

Hi Gypsyleo !

As others have said.... NO WORRIES. Make certain you have all your proper documentation with you, and you can take care of it at the Pier. The online check-in is a nice feature, but it wont change anything to affect your Cruise.

Have a wonderful time. Bon Voyage !

Last time I did the online check-in, then had to fill the forms out again as though I hadn't anyway, as the check-in agent wanted to be sure (and then accounts on board still didn't set things up as requested... but that's another story!).

It's good if you can, but Celebrity don't rely on it.

As others have said, just make sure you have your paperwork with you.

There are probably folks out there who still don't have computers

(if you can imagine that:D;)) who would be filling things out longhand

anyway.

Will your process be hell? I doubt it. And I seriously doubt you will

be getting dirty looks.

Hope you have a wonderful cruise:)

Archived