Golden princess alaska redone

Colo Cruiser

ry%3D480

Tracy Arm 8-12-2009

We were on the August 8, 2009 Golden Princess cruise and they told us we got into Tracy Arm the furthest they had been able to go all summer. The viewing of this glacier is spectacular.

By the way, if anyone is going on the Golden in the next few months you will have the pleasure of Maitre d' Jean Paul Musiu. He was exceptional!

• 4 months later...

Great pics. We'll be either on the Golden 5/15/10 or the Sapphire 5/16/10. Though I prefer the Sapphire (been on Diamond twice), the intinerary on the Golden seems like the way to go since it includes Glacier Bay vs Tracey Arm on the Sapphire. Loved the International Cafe on the Golden (we were on it right after dry dock last year) and too bad Sapphire does not have the new upgrades.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

We are getting ready to book our mini suites on Golden for our Alaskan cruise. Would you recommend port or starboard side? Traveling with a large group of 10 couples so I want to make sure they are all happy... and I loved your pictures but didn't get to see the EAGLE... LOL

Thanks for the great preview. We are on the Golden in WS F309 May 15th and taking our Daughter and SIL in F307 for their very first cruise.

We did a WS on the Golden last September and absolutely loved it. The Perks, especially the Sabatini breakfast, out-weighed the lack of balcony.

We have not been to Alaska since our 2003 cruise and are looking forward to this one.

Thanks again.

P&J

We are getting ready to book our mini suites on Golden for our Alaskan cruise. Would you recommend port or starboard side? Traveling with a large group of 10 couples so I want to make sure they are all happy... and I loved your pictures but didn't get to see the EAGLE... LOL

Look for the white head feathers/brown body on that stump in the middle of the picture....

IMG_0511.jpg

Sometimes......

Depends on the ship and the MD. Would not hurt to ask once onboard. ;)

It would be cool if they did. Actually, my brother-in-law is in a WS. Perhaps if I "flash" the "Platinum Card" they may make an exception? We'll just show up with them one morning and find out. Worst case my wife and I will head to the buffet. Not like we will be starving.

• 3 weeks later...

From our experience on the Golden last September, they had a list of names of the full suite passengers at the Sabatini's breakfast and checked them upon entry, at least for the first few days until they recognized the faces of the regulars.

During our last cruise we did see them turn some folks away if their names were not on the list.

Archived