Do you think joff eaton would di a great job on the indenpendence

Joff was our CD on the Jewel last Decemeber and I found him to be an excellent CD. He is not the entertainer type that a lot of folks like, but he creates great energy and is very very visible on the ship, which I enjoyed. I met his wife and mom on the cruise and they were really great people. His wife works for RCCL. JMHO

Yes I think he will be great on the Indy. He did a great job for us on our last cruise last month. Being a Brit is has a British sense of humour. Go to his Progressive Sea Day Quiz (If he does one). Good fun.

Thanks everybody i was scare thiniking that i was gonna get a bad cruise director i am use to having richard spacey,ken rush,james andew,and dave chapman

ncb, this is VERY IRONIC.......

My wife and I were on the Jewel last Thanksgiving and did a "VOWS RENEWAL" on board. It was the first cruise for Joff as Cruise Director, and his wife, Amber, was the Cruise Program Administrator (the one who set up, planned, and prepared our Renewed Vows).

First, I have to say, Amber is the sweetest, dearest lady I have ever dealt with professionally. She worked WAAAAAAY above and beyond expectations to make sure our "Ceremony" was more than perfect.

Second, Joff was the one who insisted on doing the Ceremony. He may not be the most exciting or the funniest C.D., but he is by far the friendliest and most personable C.D. we ever met. He and Amber both were constantly mingling with the guests and making everyone feel VERY SPECIAL.

On the other/ironic side.....

We just got off the Freedom where we had heard all sorts of GREAT things about how Richard Spacey is the "Best Ever". I have to say, we were very dissappointed. Except for the shows after dinner, he was COMPLETELY GONE. We went to all sorts of events (Capt. Welcome Aboard, Crown & Anchor Welcome Back, Diamond/Platinum Loyalty Brunch, numerous events in the Pharoahs Palace, and many times in the Promenade) where you SHOULD be seeing the C.D., and he was M.I.A.

Maybe he was having a bad week, or sick. We heard he was leaving next week.

Anyway, if you go to Joff, introduce yourselves, and tell him you are really having a great time, I promise you, he will go out of his way to make your cruise special.

Oh, and....

Tell him Darrell & Donna said hi!!!!

As you can see from my signature, my cruise experience is limited. However, of the 3 cruise directors I have experienced, Joff was the best. I can't remember the name of the CD on our FOS cruise of June 07, but I kept getting the impression that he was trying too hard to entertain. Big Tex on Fantasy was better....not so in-your-face. This, of course, speaks to my preference, not necessarily good/bad or right/wrong. Joff, on the the other hand, was a much more subtle entertainer. Never the overbearing, cheerleader type. And it's not a Brit thing....the FOS guy was also from GB, I believe. Anyway, my 2 cents....of the 3 so far, much preferred Joff.

as you can see from my signature, my cruise experience is limited. However, of the 3 cruise directors i have experienced, joff was the best. I can't remember the name of the cd on our fos cruise of june 07, but i kept getting the impression that he was trying too hard to entertain. Big tex on fantasy was better....not so in-your-face. This, of course, speaks to my preference, not necessarily good/bad or right/wrong. Joff, on the the other hand, was a much more subtle entertainer. Never the overbearing, cheerleader type. And it's not a brit thing....the fos guy was also from gb, i believe. Anyway, my 2 cents....of the 3 so far, much preferred joff.

its true what you said,a cruise director should be THEM self and not try to act like somebody else

I had Joff on my Jewel cruise. Even though he was suffering from a bad illness for much of the cruise, he still did a great job. I would be happy to have him as a cruise director again.

We sailed on Jewel last month on our first-ever cruise and Joff was absolutely brilliant. Very funny - almost like John Cleese with a really good, sense of humour. His progressive quiz is well worth going to and he was hilarious on the Love and Marriage Show. If he does his 70s night - check him out. We had a scream. We're sailing on the Independence next summer so I'm hoping he'll be on there.

• 1 month later...

I am taking a cruise on the indy in december and joff eatom is gonna be my cruise director,this would be his first time on freedom class ship,i want to if he good on the actv like the sexy legs,belly floop,quest

Weve had Joff twice (Panama Canal cruise in February, and Baltics cruise in July). Both times we were on the Jewel (beautiful ship). He is very personable and very funny in a tongue and cheek kind of way. You know British Humor.

• 1 month later...

Hi I was just on Liberty on 9-12-19-09 and the cruise director was Abe Hughes. I am not sure on his last name but I am positive his first is Abe as I had him on my mariner cruise and this cruise. He is wonderful!!! I love Abe!!:D:D:D He is really funny and yet a really nice person.

Hi I was just on Liberty on 9-12-19-09 and the cruise director was Abe Hughes. I am not sure on his last name but I am positive his first is Abe as I had him on my mariner cruise and this cruise. He is wonderful!!! I love Abe!!:D:D:D He is really funny and yet a really nice person.

James Andrews was on 9/19. Excellent!

With all due respect, why do you keep posting the SAME thread over and over again? The search isn't working, but this is the third or fourth time you have started the exact same thread. Sorry I can't answer your question and, honestly, if no replies on your thread then no one else knows the answer either.

If it's important for you to know, I suggest you e-mail RCI. :)

Archived