Chef's Table / Dinner

Denali2003

The Chef's table is a fabulous dinner that last 3 hours. It is about 9 courses and starts in the galley and finishes in the dinning room. Food and an experience like no other on Princess. You get to see the galley in operation, sample some amazing appetizers and entrees that you will not see on the menu. Not to mention the champaign and wine. It is limited to about 10 to 20 people per cruise. If you want to take a look at our experience at the Chef's Table, below is a link to my video from our Chef's Table. You will need to call the dinning line ASAP when you board to get on the list since it is limited. The charge is $75 per person. For that you get all your wine, champaign, 2 8x10 pictures, and the cookbook. Figured the cost was cheaper than doing specialty dinning when you factor in everything you get. I would definitely recommend the Chef's Table

Tim

It will be on the embarkation patter when you board. Our Chef on the Island said it was expanding fleetwide, so it will most likely be on your ship.

It was one of the highlights of our cruise a couple of weeks ago. Just be sure to go hungry and pace yourself. We had 4 appetizers, a risotto, a sorbet, an amazing entree course consisting of three different grilled meats with 5 sauces and vegatables, a cheese course, a custom desert from the pastry chef and then an amazing cookie tray. Also the specialty coffees, expresso & cappaciono is included also.

Glad you liked the video. As for booking it, you can only book it once you get onboard. I heard a few folks never made it to their cabins, but found the first house phone they could and called. Granted, I have no idea when they got onboard. Definitely agree with georoc01 about pacing yourself. The lobster risotto was filling and then came all the meat. Would have take more pictures in the galley had it not been for my hand being pre-occupied with the glass of bubbly

Tim

It's well worth it!!! We went on our 10 day Mexico cruise last yr and it was the highlight of the cruise.

Plan on doing it again on our cruise this October. As it's a 30 day cruise I'm sure they will have it several times during the cruise:D

We were also told that if you go again, make sure you tell the chief that you've been before and they'll change the menu

We did chef's table on Ruby this July. It was amazing, and you should try it. Once you board, call the reservation number right away, and ask for it. There is the chance they will wait list you. That happened to us. On the longer cruises, they do it several times during the cruise. They contacted us when we got in. Scroll throught the topics and look for my Chef's Table Review from the Ruby.

Enjoy!

If the Chef's table is not on a formal night' date=' is it just casual attire? I know that you can't have open toed shoes, but are there any other restrictions? I thought I had read that you could book at the Purser's Desk. Is that true or is it only through the dine line? Thanks.

Kari[/quote']

We could not get through on the dine line on my ship. When I asked the food and beverage manager up at the specialty dining table outside Horizon Court, she instructed us to talk to the Maitre-D and his hours on Embarkation Day (5-8pm). That was who signed us up. Not sure if the purser's desk would have made a difference.

We loved the Chef's Table on the Caribbean Princess last August. Menu and photos here at:

http://boblaubach.smugmug.com/gallery/6149296_HHbeA#390893462_uwxkF

It was just incredible. 12 of us selected enjoyed wonderful food and conversation (mostly about the food!) the hors' de'ouvres after the galley tour (during dinner food preparation) were just amazing. loved the tuna tartare in a little sesame cone - looked like a miniature ice cream cone. the main entrees were prepared en flambe at our table. everyone in the dining room ogled us wondering how we rated this special treat! the executive chef, maitre d'hotel, wine stewards and servers were so friendly and appeared to enjoy the festivity as much as we did. loved the potted stilton cheese in port wine reduction. and dessert was presented in an edible spun sugar plate - just spectacular! We began our galley tour at 7 and left dinner at 10:30 to make it to a MUTS movie - but the group was still carrying on with wonderful food and company. Just a great time with great food, great service, and great company!

Glad you liked the video. As for booking it, you can only book it once you get onboard. I heard a few folks never made it to their cabins, but found the first house phone they could and called. Granted, I have no idea when they got onboard. Definitely agree with georoc01 about pacing yourself. The lobster risotto was filling and then came all the meat. Would have take more pictures in the galley had it not been for my hand being pre-occupied with the glass of bubbly

Tim

I know, me, too! Plus, every time I set the glass down to take a photo, a waiter slid up and refilled it, and naturally I had to pick it back up and drink -- I mean, you can't let it go to waste.

If the Chef's table is not on a formal night' date=' is it just casual attire? I know that you can't have open toed shoes, but are there any other restrictions? I thought I had read that you could book at the Purser's Desk. Is that true or is it only through the dine line? Thanks.

Kari[/quote']

There are no other restrictions besides the caution about open-toed shoes. Most on our evening dressed up a bit better than they would have for just regular smart-casual evening -- it is a pretty special event and one would want to dress to reflect that.

Re booking via Purser, I think you may be mixing it up with the Ultimate Ship's Tour, which one does indeed book there. For the Chef's Table, you need to book with someone in the Food & Beverage department. I will just caution you that, in my experience, the DINE line is not answered right away on embarkation day. I'd go find the maitre d' or the person taking specialty restaurant reservations and book in person, rather than wait until mid-afternoon when they've started answering the phone. Good luck -- it's an amazing experience!

The chef's table is amazing.. Have done it twice. Generosa was the best............ you get a signed copy of the cook book , a rose for the ladies and picture of the group, the food is outstanding and meeting different new table mates was a wonderful experience and we still are in contact with some of our dining companions .

Go for it and enjoy! Well worth the $75 P/P

Archived