Ft. Lauderdale Q&A/FAQ

Bequia

i love ft lauderdale going to try trulucks restaurant when we do the liberty of the seas in march for my birthday cruise, first time on royal cant wait!

You're going to have a great birthday! Trulucks is nice and Liberty is a great ship!

Hi royalcruz! Thanks for your response on my other thread. I didn't realize you were THE contact for Fort Lauderdale info!

Would you be able to recommend a good/reliable sportfishing charter for our pre-cruise stay in your city?

Also, any tours/activities that you would recommend? Looking at airboat rides for example.

Thanks!

Hi royalcruz! Thanks for your response on my other thread. I didn't realize you were THE contact for Fort Lauderdale info!

Would you be able to recommend a good/reliable sportfishing charter for our pre-cruise stay in your city?

Also, any tours/activities that you would recommend? Looking at airboat rides for example.

Thanks!

Sorry, I have no idea about fishing charters or Everglades airboat rides. I get seasick.:D

I apologize if there is an answer somewhere in this thread -

We are landing @ Port Everglades on 10/4 & need to get to Stuart. Is there a local bus service or do we need to rent a car? If so, what companies picks up at port & rent one way? There are two of us & we don't want to pay $300 for a limo. :)

I apologize if there is an answer somewhere in this thread -

We are landing @ Port Everglades on 10/4 & need to get to Stuart. Is there a local bus service or do we need to rent a car? If so, what companies picks up at port & rent one way? There are two of us & we don't want to pay $300 for a limo. :)

You need to rent a car. I think Budget and Thrifty have shuttles from the port location.

Hi CC's

Not long to go now.

What I want to know is post cruise excursions. Sorry if this has already been covered.

We are picking up a rental car from Fort Laud airport at 1 pm and thought we'd take the Everglades excursion. What time does it leave the ship, get to the airport etc? Has anyone done this before?

We are driving down to the Keys for a couple of days before the agonizing long flight home!!!

Is the power hour and Platinum / Elite pre dinner drinks still at Skywalkers?

I'll check other threads also.

Paul

Edited by Tickle

we did the airboat tour years ago before our fall cruise and used Sawgrass Recreational Park. It was a great tour and they have a small zoo type area and some gators on site. We even go to hold a baby gator. We all had a good time. They have a web page.

With regards to an everglades tour, try Holiday Park in Weston. Bob:)

Thanks for the info. I will check them out. :)

what should we do the evening pre cruise? we are staying at the Renaissance and will arrive around 5:00 pm. Planning on eating at quarterdeck.

After dinner you might find live entertainment at Lauderdale Grill or Waxy O'Connors. Or maybe there is a game on that you can watch at the bar at Duffy's. The water taxi is only $10pp after 5. You could take it to the Beach Place stop and eat at the Quarterdeck near there. Quarterdeck is nothing special, by the way.

Edited by royalcruz

After dinner you might find live entertainment at Lauderdale Grill or Waxy O'Connors. Or maybe there is a game on that you can watch at the bar at Duffy's. The water taxi is only $10pp after 5. You could take it to the Beach Place stop and eat at the Quarterdeck near there. Quarterdeck is nothing special, by the way.

thought I read somewhere it was good. is there a good place to eat that is enjoyable for the family? we want to enjoy the area.

thought I read somewhere it was good. is there a good place to eat that is enjoyable for the family? we want to enjoy the area.

Quarterdeck is a ok place to eat. They have outside swing chairs which are fun to relax on. Since you are staying at the Renaissance on 17th street. There are plenty of places to eat near the hotel or a short walking distance from the hotel. There is a Publix shopping center to the west of the hotel with Duffy's(sport bar) Lauderdale Grill and other restaurants.

Quarterdeck is a ok place to eat. They have outside swing chairs which are fun to relax on. Since you are staying at the Renaissance on 17th street. There are plenty of places to eat near the hotel or a short walking distance from the hotel. There is a Publix shopping center to the west of the hotel with Duffy's(sport bar) Lauderdale Grill and other restaurants.

There is nothing wrong with Quarterdeck and it is family friendly. I think Duffy's is much better than Quarterdeck (same concept but bigger, more tvs, more food choices, and no swing chairs). They have indoor and outdoor dining. I used to go to QD sometimes when there wasn't much else in the area. Another family friendly place is Bravo Italiano right across the parking lot from Renaissance. It's nice to sit outside on the marina if the weather is nice at Bimini Boatyard next door to the hotel, but it is more pricey than the sports bars of course.

There is nothing wrong with Quarterdeck and it is family friendly. I think Duffy's is much better than Quarterdeck (same concept but bigger, more tvs, more food choices, and no swing chairs). They have indoor and outdoor dining. I used to go to QD sometimes when there wasn't much else in the area. Another family friendly place is Bravo Italiano right across the parking lot from Renaissance. It's nice to sit outside on the marina if the weather is nice at Bimini Boatyard next door to the hotel, but it is more pricey than the sports bars of course.

Agreed, have taken my family to the one out west a couple of time but personally like duffy's better (food wise).

Just read on another thread that Sleep Inn will be charging $5 per person for shuttle in November. If this is correct, would it be less expensive for the 5 of us plus luggage to take a taxi and would they be able to accomodate us and all our luggage in only one vehicle?