Ft. Lauderdale Q&A/FAQ

Bequia

Just read on another thread that Sleep Inn will be charging $5 per person for shuttle in November. If this is correct, would it be less expensive for the 5 of us plus luggage to take a taxi and would they be able to accomodate us and all our luggage in only one vehicle?

For 5 people you will need 2 taxis, so shuttle will be less expensive.

We are from Kansas, coming in 10/11 late for next day boarding. Looking for a nice reasonable hotel, airport shuttle after 10 pm and port shuttle the next day. Would love to have a grocery store and liquor store close by to pick up odds and ends, can you suggest anything?

Is there an online port schedule site for Nov. 2012?

http://www.portevergladesguide.com/cruiseguide2012/ doesn't go into the latter half of the year

I like to use this site, which you can search by port or ship:

http://ports.cruisett.com/schedule/United_States_Of_America/212-Fort_Lauderdale_Florida/December_2012

You can click on the individual ship leaving on a particular date, and it will show the ports for your entire cruise, and the other ships which will be sharing the port with you.

Hello, I am looking for a good non-seafood restaurant for dinner near the Galleria area. Can anyone help me out.

Also, where can I go and see the Oasis sail away on Saturday afternoon.

Hi, there is a Capital Grille inside the Galleria.....that is a steakhouse.;)

Hello, I am looking for a good non-seafood restaurant for dinner near the Galleria area. Can anyone help me out.

Capital Grill

Seasons 52

P.F.Changs

Texas de Brazil

Truluck has meat and seafood

a few blocks west:

Sukho Thai

Tipico Spanish/Mexican

Il Mulino

Canyon

We are from Kansas, coming in 10/11 late for next day boarding. Looking for a nice reasonable hotel, airport shuttle after 10 pm and port shuttle the next day. Would love to have a grocery store and liquor store close by to pick up odds and ends, can you suggest anything?

Hampton Inn north FLL (verify shuttle times with the hotel desk)

If you go east on Sunrise Blvd ( where the Galleria Mall is located) you will run right into the beach. Once the ship passes the inlet and gets far enough out to sea you will be able to see the ship. The best location to see the ship leave is on the North or South side of the Port Everglades inlet. There is a park on the south side but to get to either location you would need a car.

Hi. I am about to book the Florida Express Bus to get from our Resort at Disney in Orlando to Fort Lauderdale. It gives me two options for drop off. One is the airport and the other is Dennys in Holywood. We are staying at Gallery One Hotel. Which one would be the closest and easiest to get a taxi from? I was thinking it would be easier to get a taxi from the airport. Am I correct?

Thanks to anyone who is able to give advice.

Hi. I am about to book the Florida Express Bus to get from our Resort at Disney in Orlando to Fort Lauderdale. It gives me two options for drop off. One is the airport and the other is Dennys in Holywood. We are staying at Gallery One Hotel. Which one would be the closest and easiest to get a taxi from? I was thinking it would be easier to get a taxi from the airport. Am I correct?

Thanks to anyone who is able to give advice.

That is correct. The airport is closer and has cabs lined up. A taxi from FLL airport to Gallery One will cost about $20-25.

Hi there - this thread is great.. I have read many posts - but still need some information please.

Flying into FtLauderdale the day after Thanksgiving, staying 2 nights at the Sheraton Airport/cruise port hotel (1825 Griffin Road,Dania) pre curise. I need to know if the area around the hotel is safe - and what is close by for restaurants and entertainment.

Any suggestions would be helpful - thank you all in advance :)

Royalcruz---you are a HUGE asset to this site, so thank you for all your tips and suggestions!

I have a question---I am sure this is somewhere out here amongst the thousands of posts, but honestly, I wish we could start a new one, as I don't want to read through all of these. We will be staying at Embassy Suites in FLL next year and we are looking for a really nice seafood restaurant nearby. We don't mind walking or grabbing a taxi. Price is not an issue as my husband only likes the best when it comes to seafood restaurants. It doesn't have to be a quiet, romantic place, but we don't want a loud, outdoor restaurant either.

Can you recommend any nice seafood restaurants nearby?

Thanks so much!!:)

Royalcruz---you are a HUGE asset to this site, so thank you for all your tips and suggestions!

I have a question---I am sure this is somewhere out here amongst the thousands of posts, but honestly, I wish we could start a new one, as I don't want to read through all of these. We will be staying at Embassy Suites in FLL next year and we are looking for a really nice seafood restaurant nearby. We don't mind walking or grabbing a taxi. Price is not an issue as my husband only likes the best when it comes to seafood restaurants. It doesn't have to be a quiet, romantic place, but we don't want a loud, outdoor restaurant either.

You may want to browse thru the sister site, tripadvisor.com, lots of info on this out there.

If you go east on Sunrise Blvd ( where the Galleria Mall is located) you will run right into the beach. Once the ship passes the inlet and gets far enough out to sea you will be able to see the ship. The best location to see the ship leave is on the North or South side of the Port Everglades inlet. There is a park on the south side but to get to either location you would need a car.

Awesome, thanks.

Kelly's Landing is a seafood restaurant 1305 Se 17th St Fort Lauderdale is near the Embassy Suites

You may want to browse thru the sister site, tripadvisor.com, lots of info on this out there.

Yeah, I'm very familiar with that site as I post reviews out there for everything. The only issue is you can't always tell the location for the restaurants. We don't want to go 20 miles just to eat, so I'm hoping to find something pretty close, preferably within about 5 miles or so.

Thank you for the suggestion!:)

That is correct. The airport is closer and has cabs lined up. A taxi from FLL airport to Gallery One will cost about $20-25.

Thanks so much. I thought that would be the case and the airport seems safer to me than being dropped off at a Denny's with all our belongings. Thanks again.

The nicest within walking distance are Bimini Boatyard (3 blocks), 15th St Fisheries (about a mile), and Grill 66 (just under a mile, just over the 17th St bridge). Other than Grill 66, they aren't fine dining settings but are very nice. Kelly's Landing is close and popular but it has more of a sports bar atmosphere. If you want to take a taxi, 3030 in the Harbor Beach Marriott is excellent, about 2.5 miles away. Trulucks is an upscale seafood chain in Galleria Mall, about 5 miles away.