Ft. Lauderdale Q&A/FAQ

Bequia

Next month after our Princess cruise, I'm not sure what time we get off the ship the last morning but we have to be at the airport about 1:15. I'd like to take the water taxi but am wondering if we have enough time and should just sit at the airport and wait.

Thanks.

Sue

//////////////

I have been quiet for the past couple of months. I have a blog about all things Ft Lauderdale that I made a promise to myself would be updated daily. Instead, I have been kind of busy with my other life outside of the States, and have neglected it. I'm back and making sure that any new updates get posted there timely. Questions...fire away.

Bequia

////////////

Hi Bequia, I see your name often and have always wanted to tell you - we love Bequia (the island!!) We stopped there when we were sailing in the Grenadines a few years back. Now we sail on the big boats and let them do all the work!!:D

Next month after our Princess cruise, I'm not sure what time we get off the ship the last morning but we have to be at the airport about 1:15. I'd like to take the water taxi but am wondering if we have enough time and should just sit at the airport and wait.

Thanks.

Sue

You will likely find that people who self-disembark will start leaving the ship about 7:15. If you can do that and then take a cab over to a water taxi dock you probably would have a couple of hours on the water taxi...but keep an eye on your time and remember that FLL can be very busy on weekends.

I am sorry to trouble you with this question as I am sure it has been asked many dozens of times... (you have so many posts!! Goodness me!) I am looking for a hotel in Ft Lauderdale that provides airport - hotel - pier - hotel - airport transfer? We will be staying for a couple of nights pre-cruise and then one after and am not sure where to start looking. Also we would like to find a hotel that is reasonable in price (and clean!) for the month of our cruise in April? Thank you for your time and help!

I always book our pre-cruise hotels thru Hotwire.com and we got a room at the Springhill Suites by Marriott fo $69 a night that includes the shuttle from the airport and to Port Everglade and breakfast. You can't select the Hotel on Hotwire, but if you list at least 3.5 stars and shuttles etc. you will get a great deal! try it.....

Thanks.

Sue

What is the water taxi? We will be in FLL all day after embarking and would love something like that! Thanks!

What I meant is do you think we will have time to do the water taxi?

If we only have time for one stop, what would you suggest? Las Olas riverfront?

And if not enough time for that, is it worthwhile to just take it and stay on it?

It looks like we'd be getting on at the Hilton Marina about 10:30 but I can't tell from the schedule how long a full circle takes.

Sue

And if not enough time for that, is it worthwhile to just take it and stay on it?

It looks like we'd be getting on at the Hilton Marina about 10:30 but I can't tell from the schedule how long a full circle takes.

Sue

I'm not sure how long it takes to do the loop. If it is the first Sunday of the month, the Las Olas Riverfront stop will have live jazz bands. If not, that area will be very quiet, so use the stop east of there (SE 9th Ave) to walk around Las Olas Blvd.

Sue

This schedule might help.

http://www.watertaxi.com/WebSchedule2011.pdf

Princess can't transport our luggage to the airline I found out. At least not with Frontier. I wonder if the Port Authority or Water Taxi company has any secure arrangements for holding luggage--doubt it.

Which water taxi stop is closest to the cruise ship pier?

Sue

Princess can't transport our luggage to the airline I found out. At least not with Frontier. I wonder if the Port Authority or Water Taxi company has any secure arrangements for holding luggage--doubt it.

Which water taxi stop is closest to the cruise ship pier?

Sue

Stop #7 on the watertaxi.com map.

Bequia - a couple of years ago while awaiting our return flight out of Fort Lauderdale, we hailed a taxi with the intentions of wasting a couple hours at the Galleria Mall.

The taxi driver instead talked us into being taken to a huge outdoor/indoor "flea market" that was sooooo much fun! It took several minutes to get there (it was the opposite direction from the Galleria, I think) and I seem to remember something like an old outdoor movie screen at the entrance.

We were very leery of the driver and his suggestion, but the day being one of our most memorable and favorite vacation days! But for the life of me, I cannot remember the name of the place! I'd love to tell friends about it so they to can check it out. (I recall the fresh produce section was amazing and filled with food items I'd either only read about or didn't know existed. And the fresh flowers for sale - ah, what a treat for the senses!

Do you know the name of the place I'm talking about?

Bequia - a couple of years ago while awaiting our return flight out of Fort Lauderdale, we hailed a taxi with the intentions of wasting a couple hours at the Galleria Mall.

The taxi driver instead talked us into being taken to a huge outdoor/indoor "flea market" that was sooooo much fun! It took several minutes to get there (it was the opposite direction from the Galleria, I think) and I seem to remember something like an old outdoor movie screen at the entrance.

We were very leery of the driver and his suggestion, but the day being one of our most memorable and favorite vacation days! But for the life of me, I cannot remember the name of the place! I'd love to tell friends about it so they to can check it out. (I recall the fresh produce section was amazing and filled with food items I'd either only read about or didn't know existed. And the fresh flowers for sale - ah, what a treat for the senses!

Do you know the name of the place I'm talking about?

Not Bequia, but I think the place you are referring to is the Swap Shop is Sunrise (FLL)

//////////////

I have been quiet for the past couple of months. I have a blog about all things Ft Lauderdale that I made a promise to myself would be updated daily. Instead, I have been kind of busy with my other life outside of the States, and have neglected it. I'm back and making sure that any new updates get posted there timely. Questions...fire away.

Bequia

////////////

Hi Any suggestions for 2 days pre cruise from the location I will be in. Have not decided whether to rent a car or not. Any restaurant suggestions in the area. I really like waterfront restaurants! thanks Karen

Coming in the day of the cruise and leaving the the cruise right to the airport. How far is it from the airpot to the ship port? Best to do taxi or cruiseships transport? Thanks
Just a few miles with taxi as best option ~ $18-20 each way