WinnieinWA

• 1 month later...
ROFLMAO! Coka! :D

Coka

You're hilarious!!!

I agree with the two posters who think you are seriously hysterical!!! :D

No one, and I mean No one looks good in a speedo, Seriously....you don't

Young, competitive swimmers do. :)

My feeling is Speedos are solely designed for speed...meaning someone who's purpose for swimming is racing...which means their body is basically designed for the suit.

Everyone else, whether European or Canadian (yes, the Canuks come down to OOB in Maine every summer, all big and hairy with Speedos!! :eek:) should NOT be wearing them :p ;) It's really not just body shape...if you're gonna put on a Speedo PLEASE remove the body hair!!! LOL

Edited by halos

I beg to differ. ;)

MichaelPhelpsPicture.jpgmy-olympic-star-for-michael-phelps-0.jpg

Yeah...that is exactly what I'm talkin about!!! :D

My daughters both swam competitively from the age of 8. My oldest swam through college...when we went to any of the college swim meets...:eek:

It was difficult not to feel like Mrs Robinson. I couldn't avert my eyes.

No wonder there are so many cougars out there

Now I feel like this is a challenge! I swim laps every morning before work and have a six pack and no body hair. For me speedos are for laps only, no prancing around a cruise ship or resort.

I am however going to be on the Star 10/10. Maybe I will be that guy...

My wife keeps telling me to rock the speedos !

I agree with your wife.

A beautiful human body is a work of art and should be appreciated by people blessed with eyesight.

If I had a great body, I'd be half naked every chance I got....unfortunately, that isn't the case :p

Edited by halos

On our recent cruise last week, there was a man wearing purple speedo's that my wife and I would refer to as speedo man for most of the cruise, until the second to last night we saw him again. We were in the Karaoke bar, late at night, he was on stage singing "girls just wanna have fun". Unfortunately ever time I hear that song in passing Im afraid I will have images of that purple speedo. To his credit, he wasnt grossly obese or anything, and he actually nailed the song, LOL. I guess its better than the rather obese European's also on the ship in speedo's. Which reminds me, picture this, obese european man walks up in his spedo's middle of the afternoon and begins yelling at the band playing next to the pool, he says in a thick accent after many attempts they are too loud, they should turn it down, as him and his friends are playing cards poolside. Needless to say I think he understood the crowd yelling at him to get back to his seat after the band announced his request to all of us. takes all types :)

• 1 year later...

Rather than start a new thread on same topic, I've revived this one. Does paxs in speedos frequently use the CY counter current pool on the Pearl, or would that be considered "odd"? Never sailed NCL and trying to decide on swimwear for next cruise.

Thanks

Ive been on 6 or 7 cruises and its not the Men in speedos that bother me (granted I avoid looking). Its the morbidly obese women in stretch pants (generally loud colors) sitting by the pool with a plate of fries. There is something very unsightly about a woman's thigh when it resembles the surface of the moon.

Went to an Italian beach once in a speedo. (didn't know what the 'Irish curse' was at the time). Well everyone was giggling. Asked this Italian guy why they were laughing. He said 'do yourself a favor and put a potato down your swimsuit'. So the next day I did. Walked down to the beach and now everyone was in stitches. Saw the same guy and asked him why they were laughing more. He said 'you have to put the potato down the FRONT of your bathing suit'.....oh well....

Oh My God..that reminds me ... a few years ago we were on the NCL gem out of NY down to bahamas/florida....well there was this one dude who thought he was HOT:eek: well he wasn't...all this dark fur( YUCK) on his chest... and a teeny tiny black speedo....left little to the imagination,,,,but he was literally posing at the pool....it was not pretty.....:cool: