Who wears Speedo's on their cruise?

WinnieinWA

Yeah I know:D I made the same kind of mistake once when we lived in Italy for the summer of 1980. I read that one piece bathing suits were what people wore. Staying in the Italian resort, we went to the beach and I found out the one piece was theBottom of a bikini and for men a speedo. Better for the DD age 4 I guess than the nude beach next to the resort:o If you think a cruise ship has some ugly around the pool try an European resort of the cheaper variety.

Anybody want to join the "I don't look in mirrors and you can't make me! Society"?

Covered up genitals, package, overweight body, belly rolls, whatever..if you don't have it, don't wear a bathing suit that shows it off..man or woman. If you do, you forfeit the right to complain at people who make fun of you and look at you so you'd better have a thick skin!:rolleyes:

It's not about the body per se but about the "package" that most people are objecting to being on display. I agree that body type is not the issue but no one wants to look at the rest especially on an older man where gravity has kicked in- yuk!

Doesn't matter if you are in great shape or not!

It's not about the body per se but about the "package" that most people are objecting to being on display. I agree that body type is not the issue but no one wants to look at the rest especially on an older man where gravity has kicked in- yuk!

Doesn't matter if you are in great shape or not!

But you never know what "package" you're looking at! Many years ago while on vacation around many European men who wore speedos, I had lunch at a very casual beachside restuarant. A man in a speedo came in, sat down a few tables from me and proceeded to dig around in his mouth. I assume he was removing a retainer or partial.

Anyway, he removed his dental piece and wrapped it in a napkin. About that time I was thinking "Boy, I hope he doesn't accidently throw that away." And that's when he shoved his napkin wrapped "package" right down the front of his speedo :eek:!

Guess those speedos don't have pockets :p

But you never know what "package" you're looking at! Many years ago while on vacation around many European men who wore speedos, I had lunch at a very casual beachside restuarant. A man in a speedo came in, sat down a few tables from me and proceeded to dig around in his mouth. I assume he was removing a retainer or partial.

Anyway, he removed his dental piece and wrapped it in a napkin. About that time I was thinking "Boy, I hope he doesn't accidently throw that away." And that's when he shoved his napkin wrapped "package" right down the front of his speedo :eek:!

Guess those speedos don't have pockets :p

OMG:eek::eek::eek: I hope it didn't "bite" him!

Personally I like men in Speedos - I think it looks much better than the big baggy shorts.

Cheers.

You obviously did not see Speedo Man strutting around on my cruise on Ruby Princess last year!! Arrogant, tanned, elderly, flabby and nauseating! All the women at our table kept an eye out for him and alerted the others on areas on deck to avoid, where he had been spotted. :D

Edited by tartanexile81

You know, that's really rude that they did that..what did they think he was, a serial killer or the boston strangler risen from the dead..or maybe a rapist even..or a chlid molester perhaps??

So what if he said hello or whatever..you can still be kind to the person and not pay any attention. If you don't like what he looks like, then look the other way. Period.

You obviously did not see Speedo Man strutting around on my cruise on Ruby Princess last year!! Arrogant, tanned, elderly, flabby and nauseating! All the women at our table kept an eye out for him and alerted the others on areas on deck to avoid, where he had been spotted. :D

You know, that's really rude that they did that..what did they think he was, a serial killer or the boston strangler risen from the dead..or maybe a rapist even..or a chlid molester perhaps??

So what if he said hello or whatever..you can still be kind to the person and not pay any attention. If you don't like what he looks like, then look the other way. Period.

Thank you Gathina for being kind!

With all the really mean comments here about fat rolls, flab, "packages", weight, and age, it's a wonder any of us dare to wear a bathing suit in front of such critical and no doubt perfect-looking fellow cruisers.

Thank you Gathina for being kind!

With all the really mean comments here about fat rolls, flab, "packages", weight, and age, it's a wonder any of us dare to wear a bathing suit in front of such critical and no doubt perfect-looking fellow cruisers.

Don't be so hasty to judge, some have even made fun of themselves.;) Also, did you read Gathina's previous post? She as well as others are commenting about SPEEDOS which are generally considered to be the skimpy man version. As far as "packages" we are talking about a certain part of a man's anatomy that we just don't care to see the outline of no matter what kind of body it's attached to......good or bad.

I am talking about the others here judging those who are overweight, or elderly, or hairy or whatever they are complaining about.

Read some of the judging:

"Arrogant, tanned, elderly, flabby and nauseating!"

"If you think a cruise ship has some ugly around the pool try an European resort of the cheaper variety."

Etc.... etc...

WOW!!!!!

People judge others by how they look..it's a fact of life..you do too.

Some people just speak it out loud instaed of not saying anything.

I think it's personally rude for what they are doing to speedo guy mentioned..running away? warning others? he didn't do anything wrong. Years ago a very "colorful" older man resembling Richard Simmons hit on me in a bar..did I think he was dressed odd and eccentric? Yes. Did I run away screaming? No. I politely spoke to him then excused myself and went about my business. I didn't run screaming to others to avoid him. He did nothing wrong. He was comfortable with who he was and what he wore.

My comments about others wearing things that are not flattering to them: I would not say anything like that to anyone's face. The majority of people wouldn't. It takes courage to wear a two piece if it's ill fitting or more revealing than what I would wear. If they like it, fine. If I don't, I'll look the other way or keep my comments to myself.

I am talking about the others here judging those who are overweight, or elderly, or hairy or whatever they are complaining about.

Read some of the judging:

"Arrogant, tanned, elderly, flabby and nauseating!"

"If you think a cruise ship has some ugly around the pool try an European resort of the cheaper variety."

Etc.... etc...

WOW!!!!!

• 5 months later...

I have a habit of looking through old topics that I havent seen yet, and im sorry if I bring this topic back up to front. Since I know how most of you cant stand it..:D. Anyhow, Im a fan of Speedos to which ive been wearing them since my early 20s, and still today. Im a 48 yo male, to most of you consider one "of those types" that fall into the middle age group that most "dont like to see" in a Speedo. Attatched are a couple pics taken of me a few weeks ago (July 2011) while at lake near my home. You be the judge..LOL. I guess I cant be that bad, considering ive worn them on every cruise and every public beach and i havent seen myself filmed on the internet yet (for sarcastic reasons). Isnt that the reason why people take pics of other strangers in Speedos, because they dont look good wearing them? particularly older?.

163474851_waterfalljul2011.jpg.39d58791eedb7336d2571f4b284417d5.jpg

518545391_whitespeedoatlake.jpg.7122e82a5a9a300eb3f706af4400f008.jpg

You look very fit. I'm sure you are proud of your physique and in board shorts you'd look handsome. Sorry, speedos...IMHO are tragic and should only be worn by competitive swimmers, just before jumping in the pool!:)

CULTURAL people....popular all over South America and Europe..nobody seems to care if people look good in them or not.

I think we should start a thread on "two piece bathing suits and the women who wear them and have no business wearing them" :eek: LOLOLOL!!

CULTURAL people....popular all over South America and Europe..nobody seems to care if people look good in them or not.

I think we should start a thread on "two piece bathing suits and the women who wear them and have no business wearing them" :eek: LOLOLOL!!

True...;). Im just voicing my opinion for the "male" gender. When it comes to fasion, us guys dont have any choices... It seems that our legs have to be covered almost completly, or were considered gross, or a prude, or whatever. When you see womens swimwear, besides the ones with the "skirt/ one peice" every single one has a "brief style" bottom that only cover the butt area and leaves the full leg and thighs exposed just like a Speedo. And every size, age, and body type of women wear these. But its totally acceptable. But a guy has to cover up, just because some people or women dont want to see even the slightest outline of his bits. My opinon on that.. Dont look down. When you talk to a guy in a speedo, you look hin in the face for a conversation not his crotch. When i talk to a women, I have but no choice but to see part of her breast, which is up near her face and its a "bulge" just like in a Speedo, except there allot bigger and theres 2 of them.. So.... Whats the differance. :rolleyes:. Now.. I like to look at women, dont get me wrong, I only said that as a example.. Now If I asked this same question or topic on a gay or european message board, I would be getting a completly differnt answer., Because that is the way that people in this country (USA) think.... I have problems with what anyboday wears around a pool. It dosnt bother me. Im just saying my opinion and thoughts. Were all on vacation and to have a good time, so do I.

As a competitive swimmer who trains 20 hours a week, the only bathing suit I would ever wear around a pool is a Speedo or Arena style suit. I can't imagine trying to swim with those baggy shorts that many posters on this board suggest men wear because they can't stand the look of the "kibbles and bits.". I guess it is what you feel comfortable in. In addition, the baggy shorts are not good for laying in the sun. I am not afraid to walk around the pool deck of a cruise ship in front of women wearing a Speedo bathing suit. I am sure many of them are gawking, staring, snickering, pointing, laughing or even imagining, but I take it as a compliment and just keep walking.

I can make suggestions on buying the brief type swim wear that covers up the "bulge" that the cruisers are complaining about. Purchase a suit that has a pattern over the "bulge." This will hide the hugeness or in some cases the smallness. Stay with a darker color.

True, there are some males and females who would look better wearing a different style of bathing suit than a skimpy Speedo or bikini but you know whatever they wear it is not worth getting grossed out about. Why let it ruin your fun?

As a competitive swimmer who trains 20 hours a week, the only bathing suit I would ever wear around a pool is a Speedo or Arena style suit. I can't imagine trying to swim with those baggy shorts that many posters on this board suggest men wear because they can't stand the look of the "kibbles and bits.". I guess it is what you feel comfortable in. In addition, the baggy shorts are not good for laying in the sun. I am not afraid to walk around the pool deck of a cruise ship in front of women wearing a Speedo bathing suit. I am sure many of them are gawking, staring, snickering, pointing, laughing or even imagining, but I take it as a compliment and just keep walking.

I can make suggestions on buying the brief type swim wear that covers up the "bulge" that the cruisers are complaining about. Purchase a suit that has a pattern over the "bulge." This will hide the hugeness or in some cases the smallness. Stay with a darker color.

True, there are some males and females who would look better wearing a different style of bathing suit than a skimpy Speedo or bikini but you know whatever they wear it is not worth getting grossed out about. Why let it ruin your fun?

Trust me, it dosent bother me one bit.. Im just voicing my opinion on the "polictically correct" society we have now. Im not ashamed of my body at all. If I only had a time machine, I would go back to the 70s and 80s when that type of swimwear was more popular. What makes me laugth, is all the guys in bordies that trys to roll up the legs to his crotch while sunning himself, If he had on a Speedo, he wouldnt have that problem.:D

Another Hint.. All you guys that likes to use the hot tub, and there always crowded.. Put on a Speedo, Your garanteed to empty it quick! And i have no fat or body hair to scare people away with. That is a example of how our culture is. They think the guy in a Speedo has some kind of desease or somthing.

The only problem with speedo-style men's bikini suits are that those who could wear them nicely DON'T and those who really should not wear them DO.

When I was younger, I looked fine and wore them. Now...not a chance. Get a traditional above-the-knee bathing suit and call it a day. You may end up as a dinner table companion of someone who felt you over-shared.

To David30101

Most Americans (and also Canadians) don't think that men should wear Speedo's. However, I think that if you've got the body, then by all means you should/can wear it. That being said, you've certainly got the body for a Speedo. Many women wear bikinis when they really shouldn't. If I still had the body today, that I had 30 years ago, I would certainly also wear one. While I think that my size 10 body is not right for a bikini, my husband thinks it is. Do what pleases you, and as your know, you see all styles of swimwear on a cruise/vacation destination pool or beach!:rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

Ah yes...Speedos...they were very popular in the 60's 70's and then guys started wearing the baggy short type of swim suits.

In my book, marble bags...is just another way to call those tight speedos. However, some guys look great and others, well, I just remove my glasses for distance and voila! One big blurr.

Cruising NYC/Bermuda 10/30/2011 - NCL The Gem...yahooo. And yes, my speedo is packed...be warned...remove your eye glasses.

I am probably in the minority, but I don't really mind seeing men in speedos, even if they shouldn't be wearing them. Maybe because I lived in Europe as a kid? Got used to seeing that kind of thing over there, Americans are just more uptight.

When it's bad, it's very entertaining, and when it's good, lordy mamma! A good reason to wear sunglasses & don't get caught looking !!! :D:cool:

I agree there are plenty of women who should not wear bikini's but do anyways. I am plus sized and will *never* wear a bikini in public.......you're welcome!!!! :p

Edited by LibratPDX

Hi sjbdtz...nice HRC logo! (Human Rights Campaign). I wear a hat and have a sticker on my car bumper as well. Many folks have asked what branch of the military...LOL. Now we can ask and tell...huh? Sailing 10/30/2011 NYC/Bermuda with my partner and hoping to make amd meet new freinds. Thanks all!!!