Who wears Speedo's on their cruise?

WinnieinWA

THis thread is very interesting...thought I should share my family's speedo story...

Was at GSC about a year ago on the Gem with my DH, brother, SIL, and their two little girls. Brother is in his mid thirties and is actually really fit tall, and not hairy...but whiter than white. a lot of women think he is good looking. Absolutely perfect sunny day. My family had loungers in the middle near the water line and were enjoying a cold beverage. The beach was packed.

All of the sudden, my brother stands up, stretches, and announces it is time for a swim! At this point he dramatically drops his board shorts and is sporting a tiny black speedo underneath!!! Well, he just posed there and then strutted around in slow motion, casually sipping his budwieser while basking in the sun. Then he casually trotted off to take a dip in the sea.

Needless to say, the rest of us were absolutely dying and were laughing until we cried, his kids thought he was hilarious but the older one was a little embarrassed.

He definitely got a lot of good laughs from the surrounding cruisers because they knew he was doing it as a joke. I don't think too many of the woman minded though. ;) The speedo was retired after that day on the beach but we definitely made fun of him for the rest of the cruise.

Hi-larious! The story gets better though...his 5 yo daughter gets back to school and the teacher (friends with my brother and SIL) asks her some questions:

Teacher: How was your cruise?

Daugther: It was so fun!

Teacher: What was your favorite part?

Daugther: My daddy wearing a TUXEDO!

Teacher: Oh did he wear that to dinner one night?

Daughter: No he wore it to the beach!

Teacher then lost it in front of the class because she knew she meant speedo....

At any rate, this is right up there in my absolute favorite cruise memories of all times. Unfortunately for the ladies, he would kill me if I posted the picture:D

If you are looking for a good way to pull a joke on your family this is a winner!

Happy sailings, in speedos, wetsuits, or takinis, or bikinis or in whatever you choose to wear!

Coffeecat

Edited by coffeecat

Thought I'd lighten up this forum but will probably be sent to the "Lounge"

So:

What type of cabins do speedo wearers book?

What are they thinking??????????????

Do you look?

Do you look away and laugh till you're sick?

Do you look and grieve?

LOL I personally think speedo's are worse than chair hogs! They really hurt my eyes!!!

OK.. what do you think is appropriate for men to wear in public to the main pool that includes women, teens and children?

I do not wear a speedo. I am 63, even though not overweight, my body is not a blessing to others. Frankly, most cruisers shouldn't wear a speedo.

Our last Med cruise included a lot of Germans. Many were small tight swimsuits. It wasn't good.

I cant see why anyone would complain that this is not sexy. I can already tell the ladies keep coming back to look at the big gun. Click if you want it bigger.

[ATTACH]183814[/ATTACH]

Thats not me by the way. I just laugh at the speedo guys. They honestly have to know that people find those ridiculus.

Obviously very few of you Speedo complainers ever swam competitively.

Those of us who did, think that they certainly look better than those long, baggy suits many of the men wear today.

There certainly are are a lot of mean comments about body size, like who cares?

This is a bit I did on Speedo's from a "review" I did on the Jewel:

Day 5 – At Sea

We are sailing for Estonia, and the weather is actually quite pleasant. SailorJill and I decide to go on deck, grab a lounge, read a good book and work on our tans.

After settling into a lounge and glancing about I reached the conclusion that the pool is not a friendly place for the older male with an ego.

As we age, gravity begins to affect the body and we find that (among other things) the hair on the top of our heads begins to migrate south to our backs…and to other nether regions. In gravitational physics this is referred to as the “what grows up must grow down” theorem. This inevitable migration places the aging male in an extremely disadvantageous position when wearing swimming attire. Especially, apparently, among many European men.

As I lay here with my bucket of Corona, I think I may have stumbled upon a plot by which the feminist movement applied this theorem in devising a scheme to level the playing field between men and women. I think Gloria Steinem, Bella Abzug, and Helen Ready got together around a table in the garment district of New York:

Gloria: We should design a bathing suit for those strutting peacocks that will make them look as ridiculous as they really are.

Bella: Yes, it should accentuate their beer bellies, wooly backs, and hairy butts.

Gloria: And we should market them to older European men on cruise ships.

Bella: We should call them… let me see. Yes! We will call them…Speedos!

Helen: I am woman… hear me roar.

I warned SailorJill not to look towards the pool and told her that, at the next port, we will purchase custom sunglasses – ones that block out both harmful UV rays and damaging images of to-tight Speedos.

ROTFL!!!!

Everytime I picture this scene I start laughing all over again. HA!:p:p:p

I bought him the Speedo after our Liberty cruise... we saw so many and I truly believed that he earned it with 2 daily trips to the gym in between his office hours.

We sail on Allure at the end of March... we were at the gym tonight and he'll be rockin' his Speedo again...

Life is yours to have fun with - and so is ours for us to enjoy.

100_0210.jpg.e5bfa0be0527b079315a2bc746a5f0ea.jpg

Edited by WedNoMor

South Americans and Europeans wear them all the time and don't bat an eye. Nobody really cares but Ameicans it seems.

If your going to bash Americans who wear speedos on cruises, you might as well start bashing American women who wear bikinis and two pieces on cruises...some of those women look more ridiculous and don't have the body for it. That to me is equally as offensive looking as a man in a speedo.

I dont like seeing some women wearing bikinis and two pieces when they have no business doing so...is it any different than a man wearing a speedo? If he has the body for it he should show it off.

Because there are some "things" I don't want to see.:D

The worst would be meeting someone nice at the bar, striking up a conversation with plans to spend the next day together, then meet him at the pool, finding him in a speedo!:eek::eek::eek: Quick death of budding relationship!:p

I dont like seeing some women wearing bikinis and two pieces when they have no business doing so...is it any different than a man wearing a speedo? If he has the body for it he should show it off.

I'll say it once again, there are things I personally don't care to see no matter what kind of body he has.

Thought I'd lighten up this forum but will probably be sent to the "Lounge"

So:

What type of cabins do speedo wearers book?

What are they thinking??????????????

Do you look?

Do you look away and laugh till you're sick?

Do you look and grieve?

LOL I personally think speedo's are worse than chair hogs! They really hurt my eyes!!!

OK.. what do you think is appropriate for men to wear in public to the main pool that includes women, teens and children?

who wears "Speedo's? A lot of people who shouldn't...If only they could see themselves thru the eyes of another.

I hear ya. There are some women who have no business wearing a two piece bathing suit . I personally don't care to see an overweight woman in a bikini..that's just as scary looking as a man in a speedo.

I'll say it once again, there are things I personally don't care to see no matter what kind of body he has.

I hear ya. There are some women who have no business wearing a two piece bathing suit . I personally don't care to see an overweight woman in a bikini..that's just as scary looking as a man in a speedo.

It's not about the body per se but about the "package" that most people are objecting to being on display. I agree that body type is not the issue but no one wants to look at the rest especially on an older man where gravity has kicked in- yuk!

Doesn't matter if you are in great shape or not!

I'm a fluffy old lady but I wear a speedo one piece because the endurance line of suit is the only one that lasts more than six months in the chloriene of my gym's pools. Do you suppose those speedo's that shouldn't just want a long lasting swim suit?:p

I'm a fluffy old lady but I wear a speedo one piece because the endurance line of suit is the only one that lasts more than six months in the chloriene of my gym's pools. Do you suppose those speedo's that shouldn't just want a long lasting swim suit?:p

We're talking two different things here.;) You are talking about the all inclusive Speedo brand of swimsuit. Those who say some shouldn't wear a Speedo are talking about a man's very brief swimsuit.....there was a time when that's all Speedo meant.

OK

1109-30094-T.jpg

Not OK on some.

19798-9325-T.jpg