Who wears Speedo's on their cruise?

WinnieinWA

On our Spirit repo in 2008 there's an image of one older guy that is burned in my memory. I would swear he was trying to smuggle a squirel in his speedo.:eek:

Some men stuff stuff down there and some woman stuff stuff someplace else.

OP...good topic. Been reading these to hubby. He reminded me that he wears a speedo.......but it is just the brand of his suits. He doesnt wear the skimpy ones.....though he could probably pull it off as he is skinny with no beer belly. He is hairy though......:eek:

When I began this thread I was not aware there was a brand called Speedo's. I'm older than the brand, I'm sure! ;)

I was referring to the thong type bikini that men wear. Granted I would love to see young, strong, fit, handsome men in them but while on a cruise I usually never see those men.:(

What I do see on ALL my cruises around the pool that blazens itself in my memory and hurts my eyes is the following:

http://sunandsin.com/content_images/1/speedoooffender.jpg

Please forgive me as I don't know how to post a pic here.

Thanks for everyone who added to the fun of this thread and especially those who posted pics!.:D

First of all, incase you did not know.. I, Terry, am the big guy of the two in the pic on my postings. And I am here and proud to say not only do I wear speedo's on a cruise, but at my developements pool as well.

Yes.. I heard some of you gasp for air. I even saw some of my Southern sisters gasp for air while clutching an always appropriate strand of pearls drapped around your neck.

Now if you have survived the mental image I have put before you, you should know that my swim trunks are speedo BRAND. LOL. Believe me, they cover me all the way down to my knees.. LOL. I know I had some of you worried.. and I know I had some of you ready to dial NCL and immediately cancel your cruise when you saw by my signature that I was going to be on the same cruise as you. But rest assured you are safe.

And I will also agree that most people should never wear speedo's (the kind you think of when you hear the word speedo), however there are a few that should never take them off. LOL. Well.. I don't know about never taking them off.. :D

Edited by terrymtex01

First of all, incase you did not know.. I, Terry, am the big guy of the two in the pic on my postings. And I am here and proud to say not only do I wear speedo's on a cruise, but at my developements pool as well.

Yes.. I heard some of you gasp for air. I even saw some of my Southern sisters gasp for air while clutching an always appropriate strand of pearls drapped around your neck.

Now if you have survived the mental image I have put before you, you should know that my swim trunks are speedo BRAND. LOL. Believe me, they cover me all the way down to my knees.. LOL. I know I had some of you worried.. and I know I had some of you ready to dial NCL and immediately cancel your cruise when you saw by my signature that I was going to be on the same cruise as you. But rest assured you are safe.

And I will also agree that most people should never wear speedo's (the kind you think of when you hear the word speedo), however there are a few that should never take them off. LOL. Well.. I don't know about never taking them off.. :D

You know Terry, the only person that should wear a skimpy speedo, regardless if they leave it on or take it off, is a Greek God:D! And I stress a Greek God, NOT a GREEK GUY:eek:! There is a BIG difference;) LOL!

You know Terry, the only person that should wear a skimpy speedo, regardless if they leave it on or take it off, is a Greek God:D! And I stress a Greek God, NOT a GREEK GUY:eek:! There is a BIG difference;) LOL!

But have you seen the statues of the Greek gods? A tiny bit embarrassing if you ask me. :p

The only other thing worse would be a GEEK god! :eek: :p

I do agree that the choice of swimsuit should be directly related to the bather's physical attributes.

As an example, I myself am a 45 year old male. Standing roughly 63 inches, I carry between 365 and 375 pounds (depending on lunch). I have a skin condition that forbades me from any direct exposure to the sun. Which, as a result, grants me the complexion of a decaying corpse. I was, however, blessed with an abundance of body hair. Some have even likened my appearance to an adult alpaca.

All of which is why my swimsuit of choice is, and always has been something a little less modest than a traditional "Speedo". Known in different parts of the world by different names. Whether it's a G-Sting, Thong, Banana Hammock or Grape Smuggler, if it consist of more material than a hanky I can't use it. I've found that these suits not only flatter my figure, but also exposes enough crack to satisfy inner city Detroit.

As with most things, there is an inherit danger to wearing such a suit. On a recent Sailing in the Caribbean the hot climate did cause me to perspire profusely. Which in turn caused my suit to ride up into my "nether regions". Requiring the assistance of 2 cabin stewards and the ship's engineer, along with a 5000 pound winch and a length of anchor chain to help remove the garment. :D

OMG! I just had a visual - Thanks for the laugh! :D

The only other thing worse would be a GEEK god! :eek: :p

Of the Intel commercial where they show a nerdy looking guy, sweater vest and all--and everybody swooning around him cuz he invented the USB flashdrive (which is pretty hot), and they say "our Rock Stars aren't like your Rock Stars"--:D

Actually my swimming trunks are Speedo's....they come down to above my knees and even have a pocket or two...and I look darn good in them...LOL

:D

Next year, I'm showing off my colection of Ed Hardys...

_5832762.jpg