Who wears Speedo's on their cruise?

WinnieinWA

Actually my swimming trunks are Speedo's....they come down to above my knees and even have a pocket or two...and I look darn good in them...LOL

:D

5813705.jpg

Yes, you can look damn good in that style. I even own speedo swimsuits so let me rephrase:

No one looks good in the skimpy,leave nothing to the imagination, look at my junk Speedo. No one!:)

As a true American, I believe it's everyones right to make a fool of themselves in public if they wish to.....:eek:

There are a LOT of people on a cruise who shouldn't wear bikini's, 2 piece swim suits, shorts, tight jeans and (worse) tight blouses or shirts. They should never wear an off-the-shoulder dress or a tucked-in dress shirt and tie without a jacket.

I've yet to see any woman look good in a teal blue satin gown with ruffles on the neckline, down the back or front, or on the hem...wearing silver platform high heels with 4" spikes....especially gangly teeners and young 20's who believe they truly look like the latest fashionista on TV.

I've never seen any man look good in baggy-butt shorts that hang to the knees with pockets at every seam and side..... Never appreciated any male over 12 who wears a baseball hat - backward or not - unless he's going fishing - or to the ball park. I won't even touch belly rings and lower back tattoos spreading across a very generous field of fat.

Speedos? Hey, it's your life, your body and your comfort.

If your ego can take it, have at it.

I might throw in my 2 cents worth - as an aussie male.

It has only been in recent times that the younger aussie males have been moving away from speedos. And I belive that this has had something to do with geater exposure to US TV programes. This is not a go agianst the US.

Every male friend of mine who is now over 30 wore speedos when they were younger and some still do. The beaches in Australia are populated with Speedos as well as board shorts and we all get along.

The only time we wore board shorts was when we were surfing,and that was to stop geting board rash.

I wear speedos , not from the poser point of view, but from comfort. I cannot get comfortable wearing and walking around in wet shorts.

Whilst I swim and sun bath in budgie smugglers, I do put on shorts when walking around the pool area.

I had a conversation with my wife about this subject and when I suggested that I should "conform", she replied, Why should you, if you are comfortable with what you have done for 40 odd years, why change.

So if you see me on the Repo cruise 1st Nov. Dont be affraid. Just say to yourself - AHH must be an Aussie.....:D

Speedo, speedo, speedo, Oi Oi Oi. LOL

Cheers Mark

I have a speedo one piece bathing costume that I wear every day to go to the local pool to do my lenghts. It has good bust support and keeps my tummy in.

Why all the abuse for people who wear the speedo brand?

I don't think it is necessarily a brand issue rather the old men with dunlop (belly done loped over the pants) disease wearing a teeny weeny red bikini. Can you visualize the picture. Excuse me now I must got to the bathroom before I wet my pantss laughing.....

I just don't understand why the men I would like to see in a speedo don't wear them.

I am with you on that one but they are more interested in shorts that are so loose that you can see their crack. Not attractive either and they would probably look great in a teeny weeny speedo.

On our Spirit repo in 2008 there's an image of one older guy that is burned in my memory. I would swear he was trying to smuggle a squirel in his speedo.:eek: I almost injured myself trying not to laugh.:rolleyes::p;) On the same cruise there was a woman that had to be 80, in a bikini. YIKES I guess I'll never have that good a self image to be able to do that. :D

I do agree that the choice of swimsuit should be directly related to the bather's physical attributes.

As an example, I myself am a 45 year old male. Standing roughly 63 inches, I carry between 365 and 375 pounds (depending on lunch). I have a skin condition that forbades me from any direct exposure to the sun. Which, as a result, grants me the complexion of a decaying corpse. I was, however, blessed with an abundance of body hair. Some have even likened my appearance to an adult alpaca.

All of which is why my swimsuit of choice is, and always has been something a little less modest than a traditional "Speedo". Known in different parts of the world by different names. Whether it's a G-Sting, Thong, Banana Hammock or Grape Smuggler, if it consist of more material than a hanky I can't use it. I've found that these suits not only flatter my figure, but also exposes enough crack to satisfy inner city Detroit.

As with most things, there is an inherit danger to wearing such a suit. On a recent Sailing in the Caribbean the hot climate did cause me to perspire profusely. Which in turn caused my suit to ride up into my "nether regions". Requiring the assistance of 2 cabin stewards and the ship's engineer, along with a 5000 pound winch and a length of anchor chain to help remove the garment. :D

Indeed, not so much less hung up but more a liberal view. Visit any beach in Europe in summer and you will be getting far more than you bargained for in terms of dress for the males and lack of dress for the females.

And it doesn't even need to be a "beach" in the traditional sense. We lived in Munich, Germany for several years and anything 70 degrees or above brought out the "au naturel" folks along the Isar River, which runs through Munich...right next to the Deutsches Museum and several office buildings :eek:.

Our European friends often told us the problem was with Americans! I however saw no problem because it's the same way I feel about washing my clothes and shaving my arms and legs. You might be in Rome, but you don't always have to do as they do!:p Some things just need to be left to the imagination!

I do agree that the choice of swimsuit should be directly related to the bather's physical attributes.

As an example, I myself am a 45 year old male. Standing roughly 63 inches, I carry between 365 and 375 pounds (depending on lunch). I have a skin condition that forbades me from any direct exposure to the sun. Which, as a result, grants me the complexion of a decaying corpse. I was, however, blessed with an abundance of body hair. Some have even likened my appearance to an adult alpaca.

All of which is why my swimsuit of choice is, and always has been something a little less modest than a traditional "Speedo". Known in different parts of the world by different names. Whether it's a G-Sting, Thong, Banana Hammock or Grape Smuggler, if it consist of more material than a hanky I can't use it. I've found that these suits not only flatter my figure, but also exposes enough crack to satisfy inner city Detroit.

As with most things, there is an inherit danger to wearing such a suit. On a recent Sailing in the Caribbean the hot climate did cause me to perspire profusely. Which in turn caused my suit to ride up into my "nether regions". Requiring the assistance of 2 cabin stewards and the ship's engineer, along with a 5000 pound winch and a length of anchor chain to help remove the garment. :D

Hilarious! What a great writer you are!

I too have those physical attributes, ("circumferencially enhanced") but I'm 62. So I look a bit like those cartoon M&Ms, but with white ear hair.

I was about to post that I could wear a Speedo/acorn hat and know one could even see it!

I might throw in my 2 cents worth - as an aussie male.

It has only been in recent times that the younger aussie males have been moving away from speedos. And I belive that this has had something to do with geater exposure to US TV programes. This is not a go agianst the US.

Every male friend of mine who is now over 30 wore speedos when they were younger and some still do. The beaches in Australia are populated with Speedos as well as board shorts and we all get along.

The only time we wore board shorts was when we were surfing,and that was to stop geting board rash.

I wear speedos , not from the poser point of view, but from comfort. I cannot get comfortable wearing and walking around in wet shorts.

Whilst I swim and sun bath in budgie smugglers, I do put on shorts when walking around the pool area.

I had a conversation with my wife about this subject and when I suggested that I should "conform", she replied, Why should you, if you are comfortable with what you have done for 40 odd years, why change.

So if you see me on the Repo cruise 1st Nov. Dont be affraid. Just say to yourself - AHH must be an Aussie.....

Speedo, speedo, speedo, Oi Oi Oi. LOL

Cheers Mark

budgie smugglers.:p:D That made me laugh too hard! Thanks!

OMG :eek: Very funny.thank you!!!!!:p The visual will stay with me for days! LOL

Here's a quote I heard a short while ago - "What has been seen cannot be unseen".

You said it in a nut shell!;)