No fly cruise and stay from UK to US

starbase08

Hi There

Can anyone help please,my family and i wish to travel to Orlando Florida by cruise and stay there for 7-14 days-December 2011,i am having trouble finding a cruise line that goes from UK to Florida,i don't mind sorting out accommodation separately but it has to be a no fly holiday.

i have emailed some travel agents and i am awaiting reply but i just can not seem to find what i am looking for..

thank you :0)

You most likely won't find a transatlantic to Florida during that timeframe. Most of them occur in the Fall when they transition from Europe to the Caribbean. Also, how do you plan on getting home, as there won't be a TA going back until probably April.

QM2 leaves Southampton for New York on Dec 12 2011, arrives Dec 18th you could drive to Florida stay the required amount of days drive back to New York catch the QM2 on Jan 3rd 2012 back to Southampton....will be expensive but you don't have to Fly.

Doing a return trip no fly in a reasonable time fram will be the problem.

Dec is also an issue

Whats your total available trip time and budget per person.

I think the best you will do for Dec is

QM2 Dec12 Southampton to NY

19Dec-Jan 3 US train/coach to orlando

Jan 3 QM2 back to Southampton

4 weeks minimum, other options will likely be longer

Edited by insidecabin

:) Thank you to those who have left suggestions and given advice.

i would like to get to orlando around 5 days of cruise but it is not looking possible,i really am finding it hard to grasp why a cruise doesn't go to Orlando in December,i can go to Barbados,Miami and new york but not orlando? i could look into travel from New York just didnt relies how much time consuming this type of travel is becoming.

Trying to cut the stress level out by not flying yet it seems nothing is as straight forward.:o

Any who i wont give up just yet and will take some of your suggestion into thought,any further help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you again :p

Starbase08

Hi, Starbase....ships organise their programmes around the weather....ships cross to the Med in April, then cross to the Caribbean in October, before the winter storms. There's only one ocean liner left in the world that can sail back and forth across the N Atlantic through winter, and that's the QM2. All the others are just cruise ships, not liners. QM2 still does commercial journeys for people needing to get across, rather than cruising- although many people do go cruising on her. The rest of the liners were wiped out when flying became so popular.

Have you checked the itineraries for P&O, because sometimes those ships do a there and back from Southampton trip in winter....but you'd have to arrange to leave in Florida, and pay full price. They may have a segment of a world cruise, but that's usually in Jan.

Other than that, there's no ships sailing like ferries across the Atlantic these days....only for package holidays.

Jo.

Orlando is close to Port Canaveral, where you can get short cruises to the Bahamas, but no major lines stop there on a transatlantic. The transatlantic repositioning cruises will be in late November from Europe, but won't go back until April as cruise ships don't sail around Europe in the winter and it is too cold to do much back and forth crossing for anybody to enjoy sea days. So, you can get from England to Florida, but probably wouldn't get back without flying, unless you want to take a long train ride back up to NY to get on the QM2- I don't think any cruise lines are sailing from Miami to Europe that late in the season.

Orlando is such a major airport that you can fly there nonstop from most of Europe, which would probably be less of a hassle that trying to find a way from Orlando back to Europe in the winter without flying.

:) Thank you to those who have left suggestions and given advice.

i would like to get to orlando around 5 days of cruise but it is not looking possible,i really am finding it hard to grasp why a cruise doesn't go to Orlando in December,i can go to Barbados,Miami and new york but not orlando? i could look into travel from New York just didnt relies how much time consuming this type of travel is becoming.

Trying to cut the stress level out by not flying yet it seems nothing is as straight forward.:o

Any who i wont give up just yet and will take some of your suggestion into thought,any further help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you again :p

Starbase08

The shortest route is to NY that takes 6 days min normaly 7 so you will never get what you want.

This is not a ferry route and never will be until flights get too expensive.

Orlando is not on the coast you are trying the equivilent of a cruise to Birmingham:eek:

Edited by insidecabin

Again thank you for the posts it really is helping me...i will look at the QM2 but it is looking like i need to choose a different destination for that time of year...and try and go to orlando during warmer weather.

Shame but now i understand why so thank you for that.:)

starbase08 ;)

• 3 years later...
The QM2 has a westbound crossing from Southampton on 12th December and doesn't return from NY until 3rd January, arriving in Southampton on 10th January.

Hi

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

Could you tell me any other dates available pls

Please bear in mind that you have resurrected an old thread from 2011 :)

What months do you have in mind? Cunard's QM2 does a few transatlantic crossings every year. The first one to NY after it returns from its world cruise is on 9th May.

Edited by Ray66

Could you tell me any other dates available pls

You can arrange your own flights to suit and jump on any cruise ship which does a transatlantic...not a package as such but many UK travel agents will build it to suit your needs.

Look at your favourite cruise lines, pop 'transatlantic cruises' into the search and you will see dates for crossings....then look at airlines....

Take it to a travel agent who can book as a package with deferred dates or book separately for yourself.

Can I get a cruise from Southampton to usa ..I want to be dropped off tho.And left there for a week or 2.Then come back is that possible? xpls

If you want to sail there and back on the same ship, then the QM2 has the following dates this year where you can spend some time in the US:

24th June - Southampton to NY (arrives 1st July)

6th July - NY to Southampton

8th September - Southampton to NY (arrives 15th September)

27th September - NY to Southampton

8th October - Southampton to NY (arrives 16th October)

28th October - NY to Southampton

How much would that be? Would I choose the round trip? pls

Who are you asking - me or Reina del Mar who has suggested flying one way?

QM2 on 24th June is from £1,349pp for an inside cabin.

If you want to stay in the US for a few days or weeks, then no you would not choose a round trip. Have you seen my previous post for 3 suggested trips on the QM2 where you could stay in the US for some time before returning?

Edited by Ray66

Yes I have.Sorry its to ray.I can't fly ? I was looking at next year from Southampton to usa.I just want to know how much I would have to pay in total.To go to the usa from Southampton and stay for 2weeks then come back? It will be expensive hey? x

I am in the same position as you as I don't like flying.

You have a couple of options...

1. Quantum of the Seas has got a one-off transatlantic sailing from Southampton to Cape Liberty departing on the 2nd November & arriving on the 9th November. This will then give you 10 days in the USA to get to Orlando, stay 5 nights & then train back to NY for the 19th November sailing of the QM2 back to Southampton.

2. Ad*re (think love) cruises also put together round trip packages from Southampton to the USA and I believe one offers a 6 night stay in Fort Lauderdale. I am no expert on Florida so I don't know how far F.L is to Orlando.

Hope this helps.

Edited by blackpool belle