Review of Mariner 26 day cruise - Monaco to Buenos Aires

cruisealert

We just completed a memorable cruise on the Mariner from early November thru early December. Yesterday our Cruise Critic review was posted at http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=112524. Hope it is useful!

Wasn't sure we would enjoy a long, transatlantic crossing, but we were pleasantly surprised. Met lots of new friends and always felt at home. The staff is so friendly and professional! Our cruise director Lorraine, left the ship with us and even was on our flight from Buenos Aires to Dallas.

If you have any questions, I will sure try to answer them. In rereading the review this morning, I was disappointed to see how many times I used the word "great". Should have consulted my Thesaurus

"Great" review, if you don't mind me saying so. I was interested because it was a trip I had intended to book but some problems caused me to delay our cruise until the Mariner TA on 20 March 2013.

You are so right about the PH suites on that ship. Spacious and wonderful.

"Great" review, if you don't mind me saying so. I was interested because it was a trip I had intended to book but some problems caused me to delay our cruise until the Mariner TA on 20 March 2013.

You are so right about the PH suites on that ship. Spacious and wonderful.

As you could tell, we were not pleased with Brazilian ports (other than Rio), but cruise was still awesome because when you got back onboard you could sit by the pool, have a margaita, and be next to my wonderful wife - relaxing. We heard a rumor that the Brazilian government dictates to cruise ships what ports they can visit. We did vist some very pretty and relaxing beaches.Hope to see you on a cruise someday -- always enjoy your posts. Have a Merry Christmas.

Thanks for the review. Can never have too many greats!

Do you all live in tulsa?. I am an ob gyn (you can figure out who by my name), and my husband is an attorney and rancher. Do we know you??

We live in South Jenks and have commented with you about Tulsa on here before, but do not think we know each other. I retired from CITGO 12 years ago and my wife Jane is a pianist and realtor. And we focus mainly on Regent.:)

We were on this cruise and I couldn't agree more with the review - it was if I wrote it! Let me iterate three points.

1. Casablanca is an awful stop; it's dirty messy and boring. We stopped there a year ago. This year we went through it to Rabat - clean, neat, and very interesting. Agadir is like a Eupopean beach town.

2. Regent should be embarassed to stop in Rio Grande do Sul - think "Camden, NJ". Especially when it's so close to Punte del Este which is marvelous.

3. My wife had two medical events and each time the doctor's and nurse's treatment was better than I would expect at home. So good that I cancelled my river cruise to Cambodia/Viet Nam and booked to go there with Regent in 2014.

seems that every time that I consider leaving Regent, I get a great experience and sign up for more!

What was wrong with the Moroccan ports - Casablanca and Agadir?

We were on this cruise and enjoyed both Moroccan ports; probably the best stops. Went to Rabat from Casablance; very good tour. Tour of Agadir was pretty good.

Marc

On a different line I am considering a tour from Agadir that goes to Marrakesh and then onto Casablanca to rejoin the ship. Has anyone done this sort of thing?
I would think Agadir would be good if you spent time at the beach - which looked like fun. Avoid folkloric touristtrap. Some people went to Marrakesh and said it was quite interesting. The biggest thing in Casablanca is the very new and magnificent mosque -- which we did not visit. Downtown is a disaster. Those that went to see Rabat loved it.:)

Archived