room 2470 on the valor

kruisegirl

Had 2470 on the Conquest. Would not hesitate to book it again. Knew it was special when the Room Service waiter said, 'Wow! Big Room!'

Bit of vibration.

Only once did we hear anything (barely) from the MDR upstairs.

DH kept on mistaking the crew stairwell for the cabin door, lol. Never heard anything from the stairwell. We were allowed to use this stairwell for muster.

Ship deck plans are a good representation of various cabins.

I always have the ship deck plan open when booking through a TA or PVP.

Likewise here, when booking! ;)

It's amazing that some folks don't consult deck plans..

far less have them open and ready, when booking via phone!

Edited by Aplmac

Likewise here, when booking.

It's amazing that some folks don't consult deck plans..

far less have them open and ready, when booking via phone!

I still have my old Carnival Brochures that I reference. I think it still has the Holiday in it LOL!

Sure would like to get my hands on one of the new ones.

So, interestingly enough when we booked on the breeze, the deck plans looked like there should have been a room like these, however when she booked it, it was like the room was cut in half, Awful! Believe of not, they changed her cabin for her, don't think that happens a lot. So the rooms at the end of the breeze in the corners on the main level are like closets, smaller than a standard room. Beware!

So, interestingly enough when we booked on the breeze, the deck plans looked like there should have been a room like these, however when she booked it, it was like the room was cut in half, Awful! Believe of not, they changed her cabin for her, don't think that happens a lot. So the rooms at the end of the breeze in the corners on the main level are like closets, smaller than a standard room. Beware!

Thanks for the warning.

Luckily you won't have that problem with the Valor since it's a Conquest class ship.

I have booked 2470 on the valor. Had the same room on the glory, absolutely loved it. Has anyone stayed in 2470 on the valor?

We stayed in 2470 on the Valor last August and loved it. Great having the extra space, two windows, a couch, and a table and chairs. Our room became the meeting point for everyone before we would go do anything.

No noise from the cabin, only a vibration when entering port each morning. But we were up or getting up anyways so it was never a problem. I would recommend bringing a small collapsable fan if possible. The room is twice the size of normal room, but only has the air conditioning of a normal cabin. This, combined with two windows in the sun lead to the room being quite warm. I turned the fan on at night and it was fine.

I've included a few pictures of the cabin for you.

IMG_3069_zps00a3eb26.jpg

IMG_3072_zpsc5a4d05b.jpg

IMG_3071_zpsc5add15c.jpg

IMG_3070_zps86f32d62.jpg

Edited by Bulldog13

• 3 months later...

Snagged this room again on our upcoming valor cruise.

I wanted one of those 6 K's this time but they were gone.

I am so happy. I cruise on a budget DW likes her balcony

This is such a nice compromise

We love these rooms

We have had this cabin 3 times on the Valor, once on the Freedom, and once on the Glory. Except for decor the layout is the same. This is our favorite cabin and book it every cruise if it is available. The vibrations that you feel do not bother us in the least.

We had that room when we sailed the Valor in 2010. It was awesome. There was so much room that we didn't feel like we were stepping over each other with our luggage and bags in the room. It also was nice to be able to congregate before dinner with our friends who were next door. Plenty of room for everyone!

We tried to get this room again for our trip in October, but sadly it was booked- ended up with the room next door :)

• 1 month later...
Is cabin 2470 a standard ocean view cabin? Do you happen to know which category this room is? I'm interested in booking it for our June 2015 cruise.

It's a category 6B Oceanview. Quite the bargain for a room this size!

I will try and remember to post updated pictures to this thread after our cruise in Sept. :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Is cabin 2470 a standard ocean view cabin? Do you happen to know which category this room is? I'm interested in booking it for our June 2015 cruise.

2473 is the same room also just on the other side

2740 is a category 6B. It is priced like an ocean view, but is about double the size. It has two windows that face to the side of the ship, instead of one window of a standard ocean view. It is almost as if you are paying for the size of a suite at the price of an ocean view. I would definitely recommend booking this cabin if its available. See my pictures from the cabin earlier in this thread if you're interested. The pictures are from 2470 on the Valor, but it would be the same lay out on any Conquest Class ship.

Edited by Bulldog13

Had 2470 on the Glory last year. I loved it. My wife hated the vibrations. Loved the room. Only problem was the distance to the Theater, but to the Comedy club and the MDR it was great. Also just took the elevator straight up to the Aft (adult) pool.

The vibrations were annoying at times. but tolerable.

• 1 year later...

Thanks for the pictures! My wife and I are booked in 2470 on the Valor in April!!! My son found this room and when I looked at the deck plan it was a no-brainer. I can't wait for her to get home and show her your pictures... thanks again... cruise on!