Contraband... hehehehe

NJKerry

Could someone tell me where on here I could find advice on how to smuggle some adult beverages onto a cruise ship? Although I am sure no one has tried :p , is there any tested out strategies about getting liquor on the Miracle?

Thanks and Happy Cruising!!

Kerry

Although I didn't try it (really!), I love the one posted by someone here. Since you can take a box of wine onboard in your carry-on, he emptied the wine out of the bladder and filled it with scotch before he left home. It apparently worked like a charm and he was set for the entire week. It even had it's own little dispenser! I'm not sure how he kept it from leaking, however.

I don't think Carnival checks too closely but we wash out moutwash bottles and put my husbands adult beverages in those. The color matches Listerine really well - you just have to make sure the bottle is washed out to eliminate the Lysterine taste. I put the bottles in ziploc baggies and we tape the caps really well to prevent leakage. Saves a lot of money since our son gets a beverage card...:). It has worked for us 6 cruises.

I have decanted rum into one of those 16 ounce translucent waterproof plastic bottles that you can get in the beauty supply section of a drugstore or Walmart, labeled it astringent, and tucked it in with the cleanser and other makeup supplies in my carryon.

I have decanted rum into one of those 16 ounce translucent waterproof plastic bottles that you can get in the beauty supply section of a drugstore or Walmart, labeled it astringent, and tucked it in with the cleanser and other makeup supplies in my carryon.

Interesting,,scratch head....;)

I put 3 5th's into my luggage and checked it!!!! No problem.. I hope you don't swig the wrong thing...LOL 36_11_6.gif

I'm with chucksta on this. No "cloak and dagger" stuff needed. I'd just wrap it in a towel or other bulky clothing item and tuck it in my lugggage. I do keep it out of sight in my cabin, however but just barely.
Heck I sit it right up there on my counter!!! LOL My cabin steward saw it and right away said,, oh plenty of ice for your drinks!!! No Problem with them...lol Heck I walked around one night during a cabin crawl with a 5th in my pocket...lol What a night... 7_4_16.gif 10_7_4.gif

Interesting,,scratch head....;)

I put 3 5th's into my luggage and checked it!!!! No problem.. I hope you don't swig the wrong thing...LOL

Oh, I also checked a couple of fifths in the luggage :D I just wanted access to a minimal amount of my booze BEFORE my luggage was delivered! And the "real" astringent is blue, so I wasn't too concerned. :)

Oh, I also checked a couple of fifths in the luggage :D I just wanted access to a minimal amount of my booze BEFORE my luggage was delivered! And the "real" astringent is blue, so I wasn't too concerned. :)

Hummm I never thought of bring it on board via carry on... Smart;)

I picked up a lexan sports bottle (one liter) that I plan to put some decent whiskey in. I'm not trying to be cloak-n-dagger...it's just that the plastic bottle stands a better chance of surviving the pre-cruise flight! :D

Maybe I'm just internet ignorant but how would Carnival know who I am?

Computer hackers can get a hold of everything from your bank records to social security number. Linking an internet i.d. to an individual is relatively easy stuff. The point is this... if you are going to break the rules, be prepared to accept the consequences if/when you are caught!

We had been in the interior for a week before cruising out of Anchorage and had 1 12 pack of Coke and 1 12 pack of Diet Coke left. We packed it in our carry on to prevent leakage and they did not say a word. We would have understood if they would have taken it.....we just took the chance that they wouldn't. We still bought coke cards for our teens.

We purchased rum and vodka in plastic bottles and I just put them in a ziploc and packed them in my luggage. No problems at all. We basically just used it to make some of the foofoo drinks a bit stronger. Sometimes they seem like they have no alcohol in them. Or we would use them and add to lemonade or coke. Our bar bill was still outrageous.

I know about those bills. I don't drink that much myself...but I love to "reward" our karaoke hosts and sound tech guys (as well as other hard working staff) for their great efforts. My favorite is a Willie Moffett (a local restaurant) that is made up of coffee, 1/2 shot of Khalua and 1/2 shot of Bailey's with whipped cream on top. YUM!!!!!

Could someone tell me where on here I could find advice on how to smuggle some adult beverages onto a cruise ship? Although I am sure no one has tried :p , is there any tested out strategies about getting liquor on the Miracle?

Thanks and Happy Cruising!!

Kerry

this is easy!!! dont worry. you can actually just put it in your checked luggage. if you feel unsure or uncomfortable with that you can also put any clear liquor in a water bottle and check it. have fun!!!! :)

Be aware that Carnival regularly monitors these boards and will flag those who post their intentions to flaunt the rules!

hahahahahahaha!!!!!! your kidding right??? you do realize carnival isnt the fbi right???

1. it isnt worth their time to check these boreds and go through the trouble of trying to find out who is posting what. they still make plenty of money on alcohol sales.

2. they couldnt just find out who you are by what is posted on here. cruise critic would have to cooperate with them etc.

3. Dont be soo paranoid.

I have talked about bringing aboard alcohol many times prior to cruising, and nothing has ever happened. some people crack me up.:D

Lawsy, don't make this so hard.

Put your liquor in with your checked luggage and put your wine or beer in your carry on. That's what we did.

I doubt Carnival is hacking into this website to see who is dragging liquor on board. We did and still had a $400 bar tab for 4 days.

I always purchase a whole lot of the small individual bottles of liquor, the same ones you purchase on an airplane. Place them in a zip lock baggie, check it with my luggage. Purchase a soda card and carry the small bottles in a pocket, great for drinking anywhere on the ship.

that there is a bigger chance of your liquor in the original bottle being busted from the handling of the luggage....than there is it being confiscated by the "Carnival fbi"!!

Make sure you wrap it well in bubble wrap (and then wrap it in a garbage bag) and make sure it is in a hardside piece of luggage.

I speak of this from experience only because a bottle of rum given to us by Carnival was busted on the way HOME because we did not pack it properly.

Archived