Contraband... hehehehe

NJKerry

The point is this... if you are going to break the rules, be prepared to accept the consequences if/when you are caught!

That is the point. There are very little consequences, so smuggle away!

I agree with the poster who compared Carnival to NCL. I have been on two Carnival cruises, and it was very easy to get liquor onboard, though one has to be low-key about it.

On NCL, after reading these boards and learning of the lengths they go to in X-raying bags for liquor, I had to be pretty sneaky. I had a flask in each sock, but as they were entirely of plastic, I walked right through the metal detector undetected!

I had another plastic flask hidden inside a board game in checked luggage, and two boxes of wine, gift wrapped (we had a large group, and I was the designated smuggler.)

I appreciate Carnival's approach, because we are going to get the alcohol on one way or another no matter what they do.

Be aware that Carnival regularly monitors these boards and will flag those who post their intentions to flaunt the rules!

BAHAHAHAHAHA. . . . you can't be serious, yogi. :confused: Do your cruise docs say, "Yogimax" on them ? Their "booze screeners" monitoring this website will nail you big time if they do. :D

We've also used water bottle for clear liquor - e.g. gin and rum and vodka (oh my) we just kept some of the empties, filled them, taped around the rim, and put into giant ziplocks. My son always has a soda card and I guess they don't seem to care when he orders tonic with lime

These days I leave the parrot at home. He has a drinking problem and doesn't behave well around women when he gets a little rum in him. It was cute when he was younger, now it's just a little too obnoxious.

Probably best that way, I know that I'm like... I know a lot of people that are like that.

Most of the posts talk about hard liquor...we, on the other hand are beer snobs and Carnival doesnt have a good selection of beer, so we were sticking woth the Bass Ale...so how exactly would you get beer bottles on board? Same way...in checked luggage? that would be awful heavy! we want to do this for our next cruise to cut our bar tab but we also want room for our clothes too! ;)

Most of the posts talk about hard liquor...we, on the other hand are beer snobs and Carnival doesnt have a good selection of beer, so we were sticking woth the Bass Ale...so how exactly would you get beer bottles on board? Same way...in checked luggage? that would be awful heavy! we want to do this for our next cruise to cut our bar tab but we also want room for our clothes too! ;)

Checked luggage or a checked cooler - preferrably sealed.

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Baggage_Information__Embarkation_Debarkation.aspx

" Baggage Limitations - There is no limit set by Carnival Cruise Lines to the amount of luggage brought on board as long as it fits in the guest's stateroom."

We've done it the two ways Zydecocruiser recommended, with bottles of beer you can leave them in their 6 packs and place them carefully in the bottom of a cooler. We've used both the hard side and the soft side rolling coolers. We use inexpensive towels around each 6 pack to buffer the glass and fill the area to the top of the cooler with clothing or something to really pad it well. The hard sided cooler we use duct tape and/or luggage straps to close the lid securely. The coolers are checked through and the porters are tipped well. We've never had a broken bottle yet, knock wood. :D

My DH takes Newcastles and Bass Ale as well as oil cans of Fosters.

We've used both the hard side and the soft side rolling coolers. The hard sided cooler we use duct tape and/or luggage straps to close the lid securely.

Thank you Ms Belvedere! By hard sided cooler, do you mean like an "Igloo" type plastic cooler - the medium sized ones where the top comes off? The porters don't say anything? Sorry so many questions...I just don't want to have issues, you know....;)

Back to the liquor....what kindof juices (for mixers) are available on the Lido Deck (without going to the bar)? I know that there is Tea, Lemonade, Fruit Punch and Orange Juice, but I can't remember what else there is! :cool:

• 4 weeks later...
Thank you Ms Belvedere! By hard sided cooler, do you mean like an "Igloo" type plastic cooler - the medium sized ones where the top comes off? The porters don't say anything? Sorry so many questions...I just don't want to have issues, you know....;)

Yes, the hard sided with wheels and a handle to pull it. The lid is attached with hinges. We got the blue one so it would blend in better than bright red. One thing it didn't have was a drain, we could have used that to get rid of the melted ice.

Neither the porters nor Carnival employees said a word, we just tagged it like the regular luggage and sent it on the ship. Same with coming off the ship.

It came in handy as an extra seat on the balcony, too. :D

Ms B

Although I didn't try it (really!), I love the one posted by someone here. Since you can take a box of wine onboard in your carry-on, he emptied the wine out of the bladder and filled it with scotch before he left home. It apparently worked like a charm and he was set for the entire week. It even had it's own little dispenser! I'm not sure how he kept it from leaking, however.

Where is this post? Can't find it and would love to know how he refilled the bladder inside the box.

• 3 months later...
Pack it in your suitcase, lock it, and check it. Carnival isn't NCL.

Hmmm... don't like the sound of that! Going on an NCL cruise 2/2/06 (only a Disney cruise under my belt before and I didn't drink at all with the sisters children in tow.) I'm toying with several of the suggestions tossed around. Frankly, I wish I could just buy an overpriced bottle onboard, get charged exhorbitant fees at the minibar, but neither are options on the Dawn.

I heard the cruise lines were experimenting with a new X-ray machine that will screen all checked luggage for any type of alcohol. If detected they send it through another machine that will radiate it and neutralize all of the alcohol present. :D

Hmmm... don't like the sound of that! Going on an NCL cruise 2/2/06 (only a Disney cruise under my belt before and I didn't drink at all with the sisters children in tow.) I'm toying with several of the suggestions tossed around. Frankly, I wish I could just buy an overpriced bottle onboard, get charged exhorbitant fees at the minibar, but neither are options on the Dawn.

That isn't correct! You can buy a slightly overpriced bar set up on NCL. They will deliver full litre bottles to your room if you arrange it in advance. Go to the NCL boards, there is a current thread on this with the phone number, or it is an easy search.

I heard the cruise lines were experimenting with a new X-ray machine that will screen all checked luggage for any type of alcohol. If detected they send it through another machine that will radiate it and neutralize all of the alcohol present. :D

Wonder how that would make it taste?:rolleyes:

on my last cruise this past sept, me and my friends had wine/and liqour wrapped up in our carry on. also had some bottles in the bags we checked in and were delivered to our rooms. One person in our group in another room had premade margaritas in tropicana lemonade bottles, and this was on princess.

Computer hackers can get a hold of everything from your bank records to social security number. Linking an internet i.d. to an individual is relatively easy stuff. The point is this... if you are going to break the rules, be prepared to accept the consequences if/when you are caught!

I really doubt carnival is paying off hackers to commit criminal acts so they can stop a few people from bringing a little extra scotch on board their ships.

Yogi, unless you are a hacker and an employee of Carnival, you might reconsider posting your scare tactics to a public message board. After all, linking an internet i.d. to an individual is relatively easy stuff...

Archived