Cabana-less at Labadee

DelaPair

Greetings everyone!

My wife and I very recently decided on a March '14 Eastern Caribbean sailing on the Silhouette and, as one might expect, all the cabanas at Labadee are spoken for. I have two questions for those of you with Labadee experience.

First, is there any chance a cabana may become available? Do they hold any for onboard purchase, for instance?

Second, if we still can't get a cabana, what is the best way to enjoy Labadee without doing one of the excursions?

Thanks,

Chris

Edited by DelaPair

Not having a cabana will NOT ruin your day! It will save you bunches of money! There are plenty of loungers, and plenty of shade/trees...you don't NEED a cabana to have a great beach day at all!

There is no need to pay a penny to have a great day on Labadee, if you don't want to! Aside from alcohol or sodas (just like on the ship), lunch is included and the entire day is part of your cruise experience. Bring your pool towels, and a book, and relax!

We went to Columbus Cove because the sand is the smooth there. We arrived before 9am and were able to get a blue clamshell. [no charge—just a tip for the set-up] This allowed us to spend the whole day on the beach.

P4300255_zps163e73e3.jpg

Have a good day!

Edited by DragonOfTheSeas

Not having a cabana will NOT ruin your day! It will save you bunches of money! There are plenty of loungers, and plenty of shade/trees...you don't NEED a cabana to have a great beach day at all!

There is no need to pay a penny to have a great day on Labadee, if you don't want to! Aside from alcohol or sodas (just like on the ship), lunch is included and the entire day is part of your cruise experience. Bring your pool towels, and a book, and relax!

That is great to hear! Thank you for setting our minds at ease. We appreciate your thoughtful response.

Chris & Becky

We went to Columbus Cove because the sand is the smooth there. We arrived before 9am and were able to get a blue clamshell. [no charge—just a tip for the set-up] This allowed us to spend the whole day on the beach.

P4300255_zps163e73e3.jpg

Have a good day!

Thank you. We'll see if we can do the same. I am no longer regretting not being able to reserve a cabana. More money for fun things!

Hello, we are thinking of cruising this year, and one of the stops is Labadee, which we have never been there before. How do we get to Columbus Cove? The sand (which I love) sounds so inviting. :)

If you cruised, did a tender take you to Labadee, or do you just get off the ship and walk there?

Hello, we are thinking of cruising this year, and one of the stops is Labadee, which we have never been there before. How do we get to Columbus Cove? The sand (which I love) sounds so inviting. :)

If you cruised, did a tender take you to Labadee, or do you just get off the ship and walk there?

There is no tendering you just get off the ship.

There is a tram that you can hop on and off that takes you to all the stops on the property everything is clearly marked with maps everywhere have no fear you won't be lost... Have a great cruise

Here is a map. You can take a tram all the way to Columbus Cove. However, we usually take the tram to the to the first roundabout and then walk. It depends on your mobility. We found the trams do not go all the way to Columbus Cove on each trip.

When you look at the map note that the symbol for adrenaline beach is a beach umbrella for tanning. The symbol for Nellie's beach and Columbus Cove is a swimmer. These areas do not have the rocks, etc and are good for getting in the water. If you wear water shoes the other areas are OK.

Labadeemap_zps093a184f.png

The other advantage of Columbus Cove is that the BBQ area for lunch is less crowded.

Edited by DragonOfTheSeas

The map makes it look a lot bigger than it really is. Once you have walked off the ship and get to the end of the pier, you have made about half of the journey. The walk to Columbus Cove is only about 10 minutes if you have no mobility issues.

The map makes it look a lot bigger than it really is. Once you have walked off the ship and get to the end of the pier, you have made about half of the journey. The walk to Columbus Cove is only about 10 minutes if you have no mobility issues.

I agree that it is not far. The whole area is laid out well. We have always enjoyed our time in Labadee.

You can tell from my pic above there are many trees for shade.

I'm not sure I really understand the "rush" to book a cabana either - especially for the steep cost (unless, of course, they were air conditioned with private bathrooms and satellite TV :))

Maybe it's the cooler of water?

A lounge chair under the trees or under a clamshell sounds heavenly!:)

I'm not sure I really understand the "rush" to book a cabana either - especially for the steep cost (unless, of course, they were air conditioned with private bathrooms and satellite TV :))

Different strokes for different folks, I guess. Sort of like suite vs inside, we all get to each port at the same time.

The water, towels provided, floating mats provided, cushioned loungers (in sun or shade), plus the cabana attendant.

As mentioned, some people like suites on board, others are happy with an interior cabin.

Well, I'm finally getting anxious. I know I ask these questions, but I really wasn't for sure if we were going to be able to curise, but we are.:)

If you can think of anything else (thank you for the map), pros or cons, please let me know.