Does anyone know of a private tour co. from Naples?

cruise crazy 2

We will be in Naples port from 7am to 7pm in May. I'm scared to book a private tour on line prior to getting there.

Does anyone know of a trustworthy company I can call? We want to see Amalfi Coast, Positano and Ravello. We've already been to Capri and Pompeii.

I agree... Romeinlimo is the best. You can look them up online at romeinlimo.com and you can email them with the best way to book. NO one has had any problems with their tours or the payments. You secure with a credit card but you pay them after your tour is complete and you are satisfied. I have toured with Romeinlimo on several occasions and have had such great tours. We are going again in June... wish we could share tours. I am looking for a couple to join my mother and I... :o

Take a look here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=986987

I agree that they are pretty good, we used them in 3 ports including two cars in Naples.

We will be in Naples port from 7am to 7pm in May. I'm scared to book a private tour on line prior to getting there.

Does anyone know of a trustworthy company I can call? We want to see Amalfi Coast, Positano and Ravello. We've already been to Capri and Pompeii.

I have used Tour of Italy, tourofitaly.com, twice with wonderful results. I also have referred them several times to friends and other on this board who had very good excursions. They are normally cheaper than the "big boys" with the same services. New or like new Mercedes used. Visit the web site and contact Giovanni who normally will respond within 24 hours. This is a family owned firm from Sorrento and my first visit with them was in 2007 so they have been around for a while. Happy cruising

We were in Sorrento last week, and we used a private limo service that was fabulous. He also operates out of Naples:

We originally contacted Raffaele & Tony Iaccarino about an Amalfi Coast tour for the day after Easter because we felt that Amalfi would pretty much be closed when our cruise ship was there for Easter Sunday. However, shops were open and when Raffaele met our group at the tender dock in Sorrento Easter Monday, we asked how we could modify our plans and skip the stop in Amalfi, since we had spent Easter exploring it.

Raffaele didn't miss a beat, and he suggested that we do the Amalfi Coast drive, as planned, (without stopping in Amalfi), stopping in Positano and Ravello, do lunch in Ravello, then spend the afternoon in Pompeii. What a GREAT day it was! Raffaele made the magic possible, calling ahead for reservations at a charming restaurant in Ravello as well as ensuring that we had an excellent guide for our group at Pompeii (Titsiana).

The Amalfi Coast tour was filled with breathtaking views, and Raffaele made sure that we were able to stop many times for panoramic views and to take pictures. ( We also stopped at a world-class hotel in Positano that had the most incredible views ever!)

Lunch was wonderful (and very reasonably priced), with special attention given us by the "mama" of the restaurant. Each of us was extremely pleased with Raffaele's choice of restaurants (Cumpa Cosimo) .

The addition of Pompeii with our own guide was icing on the cake. We truly felt that we were offered an incredible chance to take in so many of the wonders of the entire area in just one day.

I highly recommend Raffaele and Tony Iaccarino;s services (http://www.sorrentolimousineservice.com/shore.htm ) for an experience you'll thoroughly enjoy. Oh, and their van was incredibly comfortable!

use romeinlimo all the time, very happy. we have them booked again for three tours in june. check them on facebook if u want, and as a client since their beginning, i can tell you for sure that we've only ever had perfect service and fantastic days with them

Hi...just to give you another option...we've used Benvenuto Limo twice and we were very happy both times...lIt was like we were traveling with our family... last time was in 2009 for a day in Positano and lunch in Ravello. It was a tricky day to be there because the big Italian b

ike race ( Giro D'italia) was going through that area on that same day...everyone told us to not even try to go that day because roads would be closed, ... etc..but our driver knew all the back roads to get us where we wanted to go and we had a great day!!

We used APtours for Naples last year - did the whole Amalfi coast with Alberto - it was a wonderful tour and he was a great guide. We are using them again this fall with my Mother and will also see Pompeii. They are a wonderful company. We have also used Rome-in-Limo in Rome and will be using them again this fall in Florence and Rome - they are also a wonderful company.

You have been given a lot of good choices - just compare the price, and you can't go wrong with any of these.

If you haven't found a tour yet, I would HIGHLY recommend Mariano from Pleasant Travel. Just google it and you will find his website. He will personalize your tour to fit what you want to see. We absolutely LOVED him and his personality! He met us when we got off the ship and we were the first tour to leave the port. He knew the best places to shop, eat, and he knew how to avoid the crowded times. Overall he was the BEST private tour guide we have EVER had and will use him again if we return to Naples. We may even call him when we return to Roma. If you have any questions you can email me, my user name at yahoo dot com.

I just booked with RomeinLimo, they seemed to be among the most reasonably priced, reviews on tripadvisor as well as herein were exceptional and responses from emails were timely and professional. They do get booked up fairly quickly

I agree... Romeinlimo is the best. You can look them up online at romeinlimo.com and you can email them with the best way to book. NO one has had any problems with their tours or the payments. You secure with a credit card but you pay them after your tour is complete and you are satisfied. I have toured with Romeinlimo on several occasions and have had such great tours. We are going again in June... wish we could share tours. I am looking for a couple to join my mother and I... :o

Hi hylasgirl =)

Which cruise are you going to be on in June? We're probably going to book the June 9th Ruby Princess Grand Med.

let me know if that's your cruise, we may join you for one or more tours =)

we're a family of four tho (sis and i, 30 and 32, and parents).

thanks! =)

We used APtours for Naples last year - did the whole Amalfi coast with Alberto - it was a wonderful tour and he was a great guide. We are using them again this fall with my Mother and will also see Pompeii. They are a wonderful company. We have also used Rome-in-Limo in Rome and will be using them again this fall in Florence and Rome - they are also a wonderful company.

You have been given a lot of good choices - just compare the price, and you can't go wrong with any of these.

Hi dalgirl!

What stops did you make when you say 'whole amalfi coast'?

I'd love to see Positano, Sorrento and possibly Ravello...but not sure if that's too much?

I originally wanted to ferry it to Capri and then see positano and sorrento but I think from the feedback I got that may be way too much?

Don't know if others have done Capri, Sorrento, and Ravello in one day from Naples...Ravello would be hard as it is about the southernmost of the 'main' Amalfi towns. When one speaks of the Amalfi coast, the main towns (from North to South) are Positano, Amalfi, and Ravello...all are amazing. Sorrento is pleasant enough, but, IMHO, doesn't hold a candle to the real Amalfi Coast towns. The cruise lines always include Sorrento as their main 'Amalfi Coast' town because it's close (to Naples), it's bigger, and so they can get large numbers of big coach buses in and out...which is virtually impossible for them to do with the other, smaller towns.

To answer the OP, we have used Francesco Marrapese twice, and have been very happy with his service, and would use him again.

http://www.francescomarrapese.com/

Don't know if others have done Capri, Sorrento, and Ravello in one day from Naples...Ravello would be hard as it is about the southernmost of the 'main' Amalfi towns. When one speaks of the Amalfi coast, the main towns (from North to South) are Positano, Amalfi, and Ravello...all are amazing. Sorrento is pleasant enough, but, IMHO, doesn't hold a candle to the real Amalfi Coast towns. The cruise lines always include Sorrento as their main 'Amalfi Coast' town because it's close (to Naples), it's bigger, and so they can get large numbers of big coach buses in and out...which is virtually impossible for them to do with the other, smaller towns.

To answer the OP, we have used Francesco Marrapese twice, and have been very happy with his service, and would use him again.

Thanks for the explanation as to why cruise lines include Sorrento. That makes sense. I"ll look into doing Positano and Ravello, I keep hearing about ravello....=)

thanks again!

Have looked into using Francesco Marrapese for the Amalfi Coast and since you already have, I have a few questions. We will be in Sorrento on a cruise one day and another day we dock in Amalfi giving us actually 2 days in the Amalfi Coast area. From my research I am not sure if there are a lot of sites to go in and visit. Just wondering if it is mostly a beautiful area to drive and spend a little time in each town. In Sorrento we do want to do a side trip to Pompeii so between the 2 places that will take up most of one day. If there are particular places to go into and tour, does the guide go in with you or does he explain it all to you and then wait while you go inside? Any suggestions or advice will be appreciated.

Let's start with the last question first. A driver is not a guide, these are two competely different licenses and the fines for straying across the line are severe. That doesn't mean that a driver won't talk to you as you travel, but he/she cannot and will not accompany you into any sites.

From your Amalfi stop you can focus on the Amalfi Coast towns, Amalfi, Positano and Ravello.

From Sorrento you can easily visit Pompei for half a day and either Sorrento or Capri for the other half.

Beyond these obvious options, there are many other potential sites to visit, such as Vesuvius, Ercolano, Naples, Caserta, and Paestum, just to name a few.

Have looked into using Francesco Marrapese for the Amalfi Coast and since you already have, I have a few questions. We will be in Sorrento on a cruise one day and another day we dock in Amalfi giving us actually 2 days in the Amalfi Coast area. From my research I am not sure if there are a lot of sites to go in and visit. Just wondering if it is mostly a beautiful area to drive and spend a little time in each town. In Sorrento we do want to do a side trip to Pompeii so between the 2 places that will take up most of one day. If there are particular places to go into and tour, does the guide go in with you or does he explain it all to you and then wait while you go inside? Any suggestions or advice will be appreciated.

Many of the tour companies suggest paying for a guide for Pompeii

My friend and I will be in Naples on Wednesday, June 22nd, and are interested in the Amalfi and Pompei tour. When will you be there?

Serge

Archived