New Menu on Allure

Priusprof

We are just off the Allure 9/16 sailing and had the new menu for our cruise.

We experienced 7 new days of menus and there are old favorites combined with new or revived past choices.

The first news is in the stuff they serve every day! Every day they have shrimp cocktails, escargots, and Caesar Salad. Every day entree choices that are new are Angus Beef Sliders, Manhatten Strip Steak, and Linguini Pomodoro. There is also broiled cod and a grilled chicken breast. The sliders and the Manhatten steak were great! You can also order a whole lobster for $30, Chops filet & lobster for $37.50, and the Chops filet is still $14.95.

Night 1:

Seafood spaghetti, steak & spinach salad, Mojo marinated pork chop, and soft shell Tortillas were new entree choices along with the returning option of prime rib. Very good carrot cake for dessert.

Night 2: 1st Formal Night

Grilled Salmon Vignole Salad, Artichoke Filled Crepes Au Gratin were new additions to the carved tenderloin and the duck.

Night 3:

Shrimp Insalata Mista, Grilled Veal T-Bone Steak, and Eggplant Parmigiana are the new choices along with Chicken Marsala, Garlic Tiger Shrimp, and Lasagna. The grilled veal was as good as any veal that I've ordered in Chops. The bread pudding offered as a desert was great.

Night 4:

Chicken Caesar Salad, Rack of Lamb, and Veal Oscar were added as well as a spinach and ricotta filled pasta. The rack of lamb and veal were very highly praised.

Night 5:

Arugula and Bosc Pear Salad, Petite Filet & Jumbo Shrimp, Chicken Cordon Bleu, and Greek Vegetarian Moussaka were the new choices. There was also a pasta served with a short rib ragu.

Night 6:

Snow Crab salad, beef short ribs & beef shoulder, and 3 Cheese Tortelloni. Soy Meatballs for a vegan choice.

Lobster and Thai Chicken Breast are returning favorites for the second formal night.

Night 7:

Tandori Chicken Salad, a seafood plate of fried cod, scallops, and shrimp, Rigatoni Pasta are the new things. The lamb shank and turkey are returning favorites.

There are probably several other menus that we didn't see that will be on longer cruises.

Oh, by the way...there were chocolates on the pillows on the formal nights.:)

So with the multiple restuarants available to try for dinner, did you ever get to sit with your table mates in the main dining room?

Just wondering if everyone does 2-3 specialty dining then you could technically never meet your mates:(

Safe travels.

Sue and crew

So with the multiple restuarants available to try for dinner, did you ever get to sit with your table mates in the main dining room?

Just wondering if everyone does 2-3 specialty dining then you could technically never meet your mates:(

Safe travels.

Sue and crew

Sue,

DH and I only eat I only eat in the main dining room from dinner. We do not do the other restaurants.

Thanks for the update. So glad the new menus started on Allure, will give them a couple weeks to get used to evertything before we board:).

We actually cancelled Chops and Giovannis table once we found out the new menus would be on our sailing. Still going to try Samba though.

Now, If I could only get a cabana!:rolleyes:

Safe travels.

Sue and crew

We had MTD and we were travelling with friends. We had the same table and staff in the DR every time.

Thanks for that information. I was hoping someone would post the different nights for this itinerary as we still have to book our evening in Chops. Decision, decisions.

If there was a night, I would recommend the last night for Chops. This was my least favorite menu night but how can you go wrong when you can order shrimp cocktail, caesar salad, and a Manhatten strip steak!

Thanks for the update. So glad the new menus started on Allure, will give them a couple weeks to get used to evertything before we board:).

We actually cancelled Chops and Giovannis table once we found out the new menus would be on our sailing. Still going to try Samba though.

Now, If I could only get a cabana!:rolleyes:

Our server explained to us that they practiced the new menu for a month before implementing it on 9/16. We tried Samba Grill and it differs from a land based version slightly. The salad bar portion of dinner was more limited than what we are used to in land based Brazillian barbecues. Also there were not strolling gauchos with skewers constantly arriving at the table. The waiter showed up with the skewers 1 at a time and sliced whatever you asked for in terms of quantity. We ran out of appetite before they ran out of meat courses to bring.;)

David, Thanks for the info. I'm happy to see we'll have the new menus to choose from in December, can't wait to try out some of those new dishes! :)

Hi Fred, the dining room dinners were really great. Breakfast in the CL was just like eating in the DR. Very nice lunch menu there as well.

One last thing that will just make some people that are planners soooo happy! If you go to the interactive screens that are all over the ship and pull up the dining option you can see all the dining room menus for the whole week.

1)Choose dining

2)Choose complimentary dining

3)Choose the dining room, then menus

4)scroll through the menus by hitting next

The lunch menu comes up first and then the dinner menus. As you scroll through the dinners you will see the pages are labeled Dinner: Day 1 Pg1 and so on through all the days.

One last thing that will just make some people that are planners soooo happy! If you go to the interactive screens that are all over the ship and pull up the dining option you can see all the dining room menus for the whole week.

1)Choose dining

2)Choose complimentary dining

3)Choose the dining room, then menus

4)scroll through the menus by hitting next

The lunch menu comes up first and then the dinner menus. As you scroll through the dinners you will see the pages are labeled Dinner: Day 1 Pg1 and so on through all the days.

The Main Dining Room on the 09/16 trip was perfect for the ship had approx 800 less pax then normal (just an off week) & The new menu's were excellent for the few nights we were in there--If anyone has a chance try for Hera & Ramon in station 724 with Jacob as the "pit boss" for that section, & Fabio the drinkmaster LOL They may be moved around but everyone knows Hera and her team They were perfect... We ate in the specialty locations as well I cannot even attempt to define or write about the new 150 Menu that appears in the early part of the week. Molly has created an early fall menu that will blow you away-and the wines are matched to perfection. We were lucky enough to have Christian (Romania) as our server and story teller of the meal selections, and we also knew him from his sommelier duites for one of my private parties on the ship and he was also working the deck 11 concierge lounge for certain days--He was also top of the list for perfection. Giovanni's was excellent as well & also had great service and a nice selection for some diverse dining on a ship. In suite dining selections I have to say were not always the best simple limited menus-- We were on 17 in a loft and it was so strange that at 11 pm asking for a few toasted english or a bagel was not available ?? Instead they toasted up some dinner rolls--But once again the service and attitude were so good and the crew so over the top with us I could have had crackers and liked it LOL -- No matter where we went the service was 100% attention to detail and clean always clean- no matter what I needed it was taken care of on so many levels I could list things here all day-- looks like we will leave again in December for back to back west & east routes before the holiday rush and then go back on the Allure in Jan after the holiday rush once again.. I will write a very detailed review complete with names places and pictures but anyone that was on the fence about Oasis or Allure simply jump on in ----

Hi Fred, the dining room dinners were really great. Breakfast in the CL was just like eating in the DR. Very nice lunch menu there as well.
Thanks for the CL breakfast tip (the DL always had limited breakfast choices) it will be nice to finally experience the CL on Allure. I'll probably end up there every morning; and evening before dinner.;)

Thanks for the CL breakfast tip (the DL always had limited breakfast choices) it will be nice to finally experience the CL on Allure. I'll probably end up there every morning; and evening before dinner.;)

Kim and I ate there every day for breakfast. No reason to deal with the crowds in the WJ or deal with dressing for the DR. I heard that breakfast at Johnny Rockets was good as well. We chose our stateroom so that we were close to the CL. There were 2 Concierges and 4 bar waiters for evening cocktails.

The CL breakfast menu had made to order eggs, pancakes, waffles, salmon plate, and even a some of everything breakfast. The buffet part of the room still had pastry and the coffee/expresso machine. Everything else was brought by a waiter. The wait staff was very professional and they were a combination of dining room and specialty restaurant staff. I wanted to eat the club sandwich for lunch but never got there to try it. We were too busy around the pool soaking in the rays. Love to Sarah!:)

Archived