Question about the Wine Packages

Am interested in the Wine package but have some questions that they don't talk about in the web site. First is it possible to stick to only one kind and brand of wine ? My husband and i only like white Zin. Also how do you purchase the package? On board or online? If you purchase the package I'm assuming that there is no corkage fee is there?

Yes, you can just get one type or brand of wine. I don't remember what brand the white zin is on RCI, but I've seen it listed. I believe it is included in the least expensive "Gold" wine package. You can purchase 3, 5, or 7 bottles. There is no corkage fee. You purchase either in the afternoon of boarding day at a display which is usually set up near the Windjammer entrance, or that evening in the dining room. I don't remember the price of the packages. But they save just a little bit over buying by the bottle at RCI's overly inflated prices.

Do you "pre-select" the bottles you want from the package when you purchase, or do you order what you want each and every night?

Thanks!....

You order each night what you want. Did it on the Jewel in April and worked out great.

Susan :)

If you get one of the "packages" and do not drink all wine, can you take the rest off the ship when you debark? Are there any extra charges for this? Not sure if the DW would be able to finish off 5 bottles in seven days. She does like wine with dinner but likes the foo foo drinks at other times.

Yes, you can take the leftover bottles with you. No charge. However, the prices are closer to what you would pay in a restaurant than at the wine store so you really don't want to overbuy if you can help it. Offer some to your tablemates.

Yes, you can take the leftover bottles with you. No charge. However, the prices are closer to what you would pay in a restaurant than at the wine store so you really don't want to overbuy if you can help it. Offer some to your tablemates.

Did not think of that. Our last cruise we sat with our DD and her friend and they were only 17.

One other question. When you open a bottle at dinner can you take the bottle back to your room afterwards?

Yes. They will put a cork in it for you and give you wineglasses. Or they will save it, label it, and you can have it the next night, or even at lunch--all you have to do is show your cruisecard and they will retrieve the magic bottle of opened wine for you!

I had the 5 bottles for 9 nights...it was perfect....I had 1/2 bottle per night. The last night we celebrated our table friendships, sharing a bottle of Korbel sparkling Brut....tra la the 9th bottle.

Betho

Yes. They will put a cork in it for you and give you wineglasses. Or they will save it, label it, and you can have it the next night, or even at lunch--all you have to do is show your cruisecard and they will retrieve the magic bottle of opened wine for you!

Thanks. Maybe she can do 5 bottles in seven days. Plus foo foo drinks.

Lucky me!:D

Am interested in the Wine package but have some questions that they don't talk about in the web site. First is it possible to stick to only one kind and brand of wine ? My husband and i only like white Zin. Also how do you purchase the package? On board or online? If you purchase the package I'm assuming that there is no corkage fee is there?

White Zin brands were Beringers, Woodbridge and Robert Mondavi. You're right, no corkage! If you go to one of the wine tastings on board you might find you really do like other types of wine! Bon Voyage!!

Jim M

You can also drink your wine from the wine package at any dining venue (except for the Seaview cafe on Radiance Class ships, and probably Johnny Rockets on the Voyager Class ships). That includes the Windjammer, Chops, and Portofino's. You can get as many bottles/packages as you want, and the number of bottles you can order in one package goes up to 12. If you like to sip a bottle on your balcony, for instance, you can ask your server for a 2nd bottle at dinner, uncorked, and take it back to the cabin for the next day. Or, have 2 bottles one night at dinner. They don't care where or when you drink your package... very nice, very flexible. We think it's a good deal.

Thanks for all the help everyone..One question though. RCCL offers different packages (gold , Platinum etc) but I noticed that for example Woodbridge White Zin is offered in all three packages, each package being a higher price from the next. I'm hoping this is because they offer different size bottles but no indication of that on the web page. Can anyone shed some light?

Irovan,

Sorry this is totally off topic, but were did you get your countdown clock? I like how it continualy counts down.

This past April my sister had a bottle of White Zin and chocolate covered strawberries delivered to our suite, which there was no additional charge to us. The wine was in an ice bucket, with 2 wine glasses and a corkscrew. Very nice way to enjoy the sailaway.

Room Service menu showed that you could order wine by the glass or bottle and the only charge there was the regular 15% bar charge.

Susan :)

Archived