Aft wrap around vs cat 11 cabin

ArkieCruiser

I am currently booked in a Cat. 11 suite on the Valor. My PVP said I could get an aft wrap around cabin for $50 a person less. I have had a Cat 11 before and loved the cabin but I have heard so much about the wrap arounds. I am not big on spending a lot of time on the balcony but do love being able to walk outside and enjoy the balony but I also love the larger space of the Cat. 11. For those of you who have had both, which do you prefer? It seems the cabins on the wrap arounds are shaped funny.

I am currently booked in a Cat. 11 suite on the Valor. My PVP said I could get an aft wrap around cabin for $50 a person less. I have had a Cat 11 before and loved the cabin but I have heard so much about the wrap arounds. I am not big on spending a lot of time on the balcony but do love being able to walk outside and enjoy the balony but I also love the larger space of the Cat. 11. For those of you who have had both, which do you prefer? It seems the cabins on the wrap arounds are shaped funny.

You will love the Valor, I had an AFT-7440 in June/08. About 4 days before I sailed, I noticed that the Cat 11's were available, so I called my PVP to ask for an upgrade. She talked my out of it. I am so glad! We just loved it. I am SO GLAD that we stuck with room 7440.

Have a wonderful cruise.

Susan

Are the aft wrap around cabins bigger than the standard balcony's. They look like they are. They have kind of a weird shape to them.

You will love the Valor, I had an AFT-7440 in June/08. About 4 days before I sailed, I noticed that the Cat 11's were available, so I called my PVP to ask for an upgrade. She talked my out of it. I am so glad! We just loved it. I am SO GLAD that we stuck with room 7440.

Have a wonderful cruise.

Susan

I'm surprised the savings is only $50 pp. I would think more like ~$150pp. We have booked suites, only to end up in the corner (last minute change) AND we have booked corners only to change to a suite! (Obviously talking Conquest class ships here).

Having had it "both ways" we definitely prefer the space/location of the aft-corner to the size and trim of the suite.

Tom

Are the aft wrap cabins bigger than the standard balcony cabins? I would love to see a picture of the canin if anyone has one. Also, the available cabin is on the upper deck just above the aft lounge. I was wondering about any noise problems. I know much doesn't go on at the aft lounge, especially late at night. Thanks!

The 9A cabins are nicely sized. We cruised with a third person last year and it was definitely more than OK.

The balcony is to die for. I'd take the 9A over a suite anytime.

We booked an aft wrap (9A) on the Liberty for our cruise in January (09). We are so excited. The Balcony is HUGE!! It is about the length of 4 standard balconies (so it appears). I have some pictures that were e-mailed to me and I'd be happy to send them to you if you like, but because they are from another cruiser, I won't post them here without their consent.

(send me your address: mrsfuzzmo at yahoo dot com.)

It's nice because the balcony faces back and you can walk to the side as well, so you get some great views!

We are traveling with 6 of us, so we thought the large balcony would be great for get-togethers out there.

Are the aft wrap cabins bigger than the standard balcony cabins? I would love to see a picture of the canin if anyone has one. Also, the available cabin is on the upper deck just above the aft lounge. I was wondering about any noise problems. I know much doesn't go on at the aft lounge, especially late at night. Thanks!

I have some photos of our 9A from our Victory cruise in August at http://travel.webshots.com/album/565656926QRtaQb. I'm not sure if the cabin was bigger than a standard - my husband insists that it was - but we liked the layout better than a standard balcony cabin.

We were in aft wrap 7347 on the Pride last year (cat 11), the balcony is 220 sq ft and the cabin is 245 sq ft divided into a living room, bedroom (with walk-in closet), dressing room, and big bathroom with tub and 2 sinks, and 7 windows (including the door). There are some pics in my signature.

Thanks for the pics and the info. Everyone always brags about getting an aft wrap.

I have some photos of our 9A from our Victory cruise in August at http://travel.webshots.com/album/565656926QRtaQb. I'm not sure if the cabin was bigger than a standard - my husband insists that it was - but we liked the layout better than a standard balcony cabin.

We were in aft wrap 7347 on the Pride last year (cat 11), the balcony is 220 sq ft and the cabin is 245 sq ft divided into a living room, bedroom (with walk-in closet), dressing room, and big bathroom with tub and 2 sinks, and 7 windows (including the door). There are some pics in my signature.

I wish ALL corner aft cabins were suites!!! They missed an opportunity with the new DREAM class.... Cat 9's again!!!

GET WITH THE PROGRAM CARNIVAL!!!! :rolleyes:

Tom

LOVE those Spirit Class Aft Corner Suites. I have never tried a 9A aft corner, but it sounds like a great way to save a little money but still get that great aft corner balcony. No VIP boarding and no granite sinks or jacuzzi tub...but still sounds like a nice option to a regular balcony room.

Archived