Captain's Club Perks on 14 day cruise

Lexy08

Why are the perks not double those for a 5 or 7 day cruise? If one does 2 seven day cruises B2B, the perks are repeated. Maybe the perks should be based on the number of days on board as well as level achieved.

Agreed! But there are other anomalies. The higher end suites received 2 x 1 litre bottles of spirits per cruise whether it is 5-nights [and, presumably, shorter] or 17-nights so I am not sure that it is going to happen.

Edited by Project_gal

Just the way that it is set up. Use to be the same with accumulating captain club points. If you took a 3, 4 or 5 day cruise in CC or above you received 2 points. If you took a cruise over 12 days in CC or above you recieved a extra point for a total of 3. So someone doing 4 three day cruises could accumulate 8 points compared to the 3 for doing one of 12 or longer.

The advantage of cruising longer is not having to go thru customs and another muster drill.

Perk wise it would make sense to adjust it according to the cruise length but I don't think doubling some are needed. Personally most of mine goes unused even the 90 minutes of Internet.

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

That 30 has been changed to 20. :(

I believe that depends on the itinerary. In January in the Caribbean we got 30 each. Has it changed since then? There have always been itineraries that had water restrictions where you only got 20.

What are you basing your statement on?

Edit,

I just found this on this page on the Celebrity site.

***Includes 20 items on itineraries with water usage restrictions or up to 30 items on itineraries without water usage restrictions. Water usage restrictions apply on most Alaskan and Baltic itineraries.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/captains-club/membership/captains-club-overview#captains_club_tier_elite/captains-club/membership/captains-club-tier-elite%3Fsubtab=true

Edited by ORV

I believe that depends on the itinerary. In January in the Caribbean we got 30 each. Has it changed since then? There have always been itineraries that had water restrictions where you only got 20.

What are you basing your statement on?

We were on the Equinox from Feb.2 -13 (11 days) and got 30.

Then we were on the Eclipse from Feb. 15- March 1 (14 days) and when I went to put the things in the bag noticed the coupon said 20. :(

Both were Caribbean cruises. I think it happened around the same time that the FCC for booking a 14 day Aqua cabin onboard went from $350 to $250.

EDIT: Just read your edit. Maybe they gave us the wrong sheet. We talked to several people on our Roll Call and all were griping about the 20 item limit so it was everyone on the cruise, not just us.

I just had another thought. The Elite lounge was used for the first cruise and we got vouchers on the second one. Maybe they switch to the 20 item limit when there are many Elites on board.????

Edited by chamima

It'd be a slippery slope.

If we double coupons for 2 weeks cruses, should we take away half for the 3 day cruises? How many coupons should be removed for 5 day cruises? Which coupons get added for 9 and 11 night cruses? Who is going to keep all these details straight for all us cruisers?

Should the 23 night TransPac get 3 sheets of coupons, well plus 1 or 2 extra coupons since it's more than 21 nights?

The perks are per paid cruise, not per day, simple.

Agreed! But there are other anomalies. The higher end suites received 2 x 1 litre bottles of spirits per cruise whether it is 5-nights [and, presumably, shorter] or 17-nights so I am not sure that it is going to happen.

Correct.

It'd be a slippery slope.

If we double coupons for 2 weeks cruses, should we take away half for the 3 day cruises? How many coupons should be removed for 5 day cruises? Which coupons get added for 9 and 11 night cruses? Who is going to keep all these details straight for all us cruisers?

Should the 23 night TransPac get 3 sheets of coupons, well plus 1 or 2 extra coupons since it's more than 21 nights?

The perks are per paid cruise, not per day, simple.

Except that if you look at the back of your coupon sheet it says something like

"Coupons for 12 day and under cruises" and "coupons for 13 day and over cruises" so something is already different.

We just did a B2B 11 day then 14 day so I noticed that.

Princess gives different amounts of internet time based on the length of the cruise. Everyone on the ship is on for the same time so it's not that difficult.

Except that if you look at the back of your coupon sheet it says something like

"Coupons for 12 day and under cruises" and "coupons for 13 day and over cruises" so something is already different.

We just did a B2B 11 day then 14 day so I noticed that.

Princess gives different amounts of internet time based on the length of the cruise. Everyone on the ship is on for the same time so it's not that difficult.

The difference is usually in the laundry coupons. I think the 13 night cruise gives more articles in the laundry deal, and the shorter ones allow fewer number,. Perhaps this is the 30/20 difference some are noting upthread (in addition to water restriction related cruses as being a reason).

The NUMBER of coupons remains the same, only the offers printed on a couple vary.

The difference is usually in the laundry coupons. I think the 13 night cruise gives more articles in the laundry deal, and the shorter ones allow fewer number,. Perhaps this is the 30/20 difference some are noting upthread (in addition to water restriction related cruses as being a reason).

The NUMBER of coupons remains the same, only the offers printed on a couple vary.

Except if your read my post we got 30 on the shorter cruise and 20 on the longer one.

Why are the perks not double those for a 5 or 7 day cruise? If one does 2 seven day cruises B2B, the perks are repeated. Maybe the perks should be based on the number of days on board as well as level achieved.

The OP isn't asking for double coupons - just double perks.

here is a question - as elite plus I get 200 minutes free of Internet time and I only sail 2 week cruises. So if I sail a one week cruise - do I still get 200 minutes - if yes, then that doesn't seem fair - it should be 100 minutes.

here is a question - as elite plus I get 200 minutes free of Internet time and I only sail 2 week cruises. So if I sail a one week cruise - do I still get 200 minutes - if yes, then that doesn't seem fair - it should be 100 minutes.

Yes you get the same number of minutes for long versus short crusie.

The program rules are clear, so that makes it fair. To do something outside the program rules would be unfair.

We don't get X number of internet minutes PER DAY we get X number of minutes PER CRUISE. That's the perk, the gift they give us.

If I sail less than 7 days cruses, should we get NO coupon sheets or internet minutes?

If I sail a 2 week cruise and don't go to the theater once, should I get a refund of part of my cruise fare? If I'm an alcoholic, should they give me a special sheet of coupons that replace the wine discount coupon for me? If I'm lactose intolerant, should I get a replacement coupon for the Gelato? If I don't use the laundry perks, should the cruise line refund to my SeaPass account a small portion of the fair value of that unused perk?

So it boils down to people on shorter cruses get better advantages on some of the perks, while those on long cruses get the perks advertised.

The majority of perks don't fall into the discussion - meet and greet, cocktail hour, Cafe Al Bacio (Elite plus and up), discounts on beverage packages, future cruise upgrades, Loyalty Program points earning, etc.

Edited by cle-guy

That 30 has been changed to 20. :(

20 items on water-restricted itineraries e.g. Alaska and certain Baltic

30 items on all others

(that is what is printed on the coupon as of 1 week ago)

Edited by Nachosdelux

20 items on water-restricted itineraries e.g. Alaska and certain Baltic

30 items on all others

(that is what is printed on the coupon as of 1 week ago)

do you know if thee coupons were marked as "SHORT CRUISE" or "LONG CRUISE"

On one side of the coupon sheet (think the back?) is a stripe across the upper corners indicating which type they are.