Grand Turk

ruachsm

We had much rather go to Grand Turk than Nassau! :)

Yes, Jack's Shack is way over-rated. Jack and his wife & daughter make it feel they are doing you a favor to serve you. :rolleyes:

The dog is nice! :)

LuLu

If you imagine paradise, to me that's exactly what Grand Turk looks like. We didn't do an excursion, just hung out on the beach all day. We loved it! ImageUploadedByForums1430860526.660434.jpg.5ea17a2a9b3cd82daa3309dcf0c1cfcd.jpg

We don't bother getting off in Nassau anymore.

Been once and it's beautiful. The center part of the island is a dump. When we were there about 4 years ago there were wild dogs, horses, cattle and goats running in the streets. On the north end of the island there's a lighthouse past an abandoned navy base and compared to other ports this one was extremely lousy. In addition I won't cruise Carnival anymore. It's like a cross between a ghetto and a nursing home.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Grand Turk is nothing like Nassau. It's nice there...even right there at the port. It's a great stop that you can go to and not even have to spend any money on a tour.

We just went for the very first time last month and had a great day. I have a review listed in my signature line and there's TONS of pictures if you are interested. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't have time to read all the postings, but we just returned from there last month. What I have read of the postings, they were correct.

A couple things I wanted to mentioned. We did a tour for about $20.00. The water is beautiful, but most of the people are very poor. On the tour, we did pass 2 or 3 very nice homes, and the tour guide said they belong to the people who owned the grocery stores.

Also, if you are into shells like I am, they have a conch graveyard, and I brought back a nice large light blue shell.:)

I did a review under Carnival Splendor, call Brenda's Splendor review if you would like to read it. Feel free to ask questions, and if I can answer, I will.

• 1 month later...
Where is the conch graveyard & is it free? Is there a place to rent snorkel gear here (cost?) & where is the best place to snorkel on your own at the port beach?

When you get off the ship, heading down the pier, you walk to your right and just keep going until you see all the conchs all over the place. It's not too far and plenty to choose from.

Edited by mitsugirly

We had much rather go to Grand Turk than Nassau! :)

Yes, Jack's Shack is way over-rated. Jack and his wife & daughter make it feel they are doing you a favor to serve you. :rolleyes:

The dog is nice! :)

LuLu

Couldn't agree more about Jacks. We had the same experience there. Way over-rated.

• 2 weeks later...

Since I don't have time to read all the postings, more than likely someone has already answered your question.

As for the grave yard, the way I found it was just a few feet beyond the Space Shuttle,and the tail of the whale that is sticking out of the sand. There may be more way beyond where I went, but when I got to the area where there were big rocks, and I didn't want to walk any further, that is where I found my shell. Actually while walking, I found some large shells before I got to the big rocks. I was carrying one, light in color with pink spots. I walked a little further, and found a large light blue shell, and that is the one I brought home with me. It is now in the center of all the other shells I have collected on my living room floor. As you can guess, most people do not come to my living room, but go to the great room instead. My living room has quite a bit of "hands off" stuff. :)

• 3 weeks later...
[quote name='cruzeluver']Scotchie's just outside Ocho Rios, Jamaica. No one else's jerk even comes close.[/QUOTE]

I agree the best we've ever had too!!.....Although we haven't yet been to jacks, so we will have to make a stop to compare:)