What do you wear on ship during Alaska cruise

landlady1952

I am going crazy trying to figure out what to take. Is it cold on ship during sea days? Do I have to wear jeans or sweatsuit or are capris okay? I'm so use to packing for Caribbean cruises I am at a loss.

Help..... Can someone tell me what they have packed. Thanks... We cruise next Saturday. Can't wait....

Thanks....

The problem with Alaska is you could probably wear all three! The weather is unpredictable. We've gone closer to the end of August and I wore capri's in port on sunny days. At sea it is almost aways chilly and we wore sweat or athletic pants everyday. We felt we under packed on warmer clothes and had to do a midweek laundry.

Edited by jamiski

There are many threads here on this topic you can search "packing lists". We are leaving in three weeks for land and sea trip. I plan to bring jeans, khaki pants, one pair of capris. My husband will bring jeans, long pants. We plan to have layers. Rain jackets with fleece liner for sea day viewing glaciers.

I wore jeans every day last month and layered different tops depending on the temps. I was on a two week cruise tour and it averaged around 70 degrees every day with the exception of the days at Glacier Bay and College Fjord, where it was colder. Some people were running around in shorts, even on the colder and damper days and then there were a few people who were bundled up most of the time like it was sub zero.

Edited by mek

Short sleeves, long sleeve sun protective button up shirt, fleece jacket with hood, light weight rain jacket with hood and pants, jeans and/ or other pants that are comfy. The rain pants can go over your other pants if it is really cold or rainy, turtle neck pull over, puffy roll up jacket and/or vest. Everything has to layer.

The ship is cool so for dinner you will need to layer again, black pants and light weight top with sweater for dinners with nice black flats. A long wool scarf or wrap is always handy. A long black skirt and a decorative top with bling for more formal dinners along with the nice black flats.

Four pair of shoes: the nice black flats, Merrill slip on shoes with fleece lining for slippers and around the ship, two pair of walking shoes (which can get wet). Wool socks. One pair of these shoes you will wear onto the ship. A stocking cap for glacier day and gloves. For early morning breakfast in the Lido I like to wear a long sleeve cotton knit top and pants with my Merrill shoes.

This is a basic Alaska packing list for me after eight years on land and sea. People will say you won't need the rain jacket and pants but I have worn them at some time on every trip. I like to get out and about and it will be my outer layer if it is cold and windy in Glacier Bay. The odds that you will have rain in some port are very, very good!

I sailed to Alaska in May and most times on board the ship (during the

day).....jeans with a long sleeved top and maybe a sweater...or possibly

just the sweater....(maybe a pullover)...or if I wore a long sleeved top,

I might wear a cardigan style sweater or a warm up jacket....shoes

and socks......on board the ship, normally a mule style shoe.....(closed

front open back).....mine are like a moccosin but open in the back.

I don't own wool socks so regular ones worked fine for me. (cotton or

a cotton blend) and I wore regular "KEDS" for my excursions and they

worked just fine for me.:)

I agree with the previous poster...I have a nice pair of black flats that

I wore in the evenings....made by Clark's...so they may be flat but they

do have support;)...they worked for all my eveningwear. I am not a

scarf person so didn't bring one......and to be honest, didn't need one.

The weather the week I went was SPECTACULOR:D....it was sunny

all week and daytime temps were in the 50's and 60's:)

We were there the first week of July. During the day on the ship I wore capris and a long sleeve T that I could roll up if needed. We have LLBean jackets that roll up into their own pocket and I always carried that off the ship in case it got chilly. We were lucky and had no rain. In the evening, I nearly always wore a pair of black cotton slacks and various long sleeve tops. On formal night I wore a sleeveless dress and had a wrap to keep the chill off my arms. I was actually never cold, quite the reverse. I took far too many Ts and I only needed one dress - the black pants were an after-thought but they were the best thing I packed.

We are glad we had capris and shorts with us the 1st week of July The day we were in Ketchikan it was 80. Almost anything goes on ship and you have to be prepared for anything. We had no rain and I wore sandals most of the cruise, even in a couple of ports. Have a great trip.

I wore jeans and a tshirt on the ship. I had a jacket or two for when we were outside and underway. I way always fine in a sleeveless dress for dinner. I brought a nice wrap, but never needed it as long as we stayed inside while I was all dressed up.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I am going crazy trying to figure out what to take. Is it cold on ship during sea days? Do I have to wear jeans or sweatsuit or are capris okay? I'm so use to packing for Caribbean cruises I am at a loss.

Help..... Can someone tell me what they have packed. Thanks... We cruise next Saturday. Can't wait....

Thanks....

I am on a 14 day land tour before 7 day inside cruise and I am taking

2 shorts,2 capris. 2 jeans, 1 good black pants

2 long sleeve ts, 3 short sleeve ts,3 jazzy tops,

1 fleece, 1 rain jacket

Sard wonder soap