Early check in common?

Mominor

Hello! We are looking to stay one night in ft. Lauderdale post cruise at Gallery One. Anybody know how likely it will be for us to check in early after getting off the ship? We don't plan to rent a car so have nowhere for our luggage to hang out while we explore the city. If they are not the best option, do you have a suggestion to a good hotel that usually does offer early check in?

I'm sure it's a common thing to stay a night or 2 post cruise. What do all of you do with your luggage usually??

Thanks for helping!

Many hotels offer early check-in/arrival options - at an additional cost. IMO, not worth the added expense. If you're a member of one of their frequent guest programs, they might make an exception.

The hotels will hold you luggage in a secure area until rooms are ready. I usually plan for this and either relax by the pool, or head to a nearby shopping center or tourist related activity such as a HOHO or water taxi until later in the day.

Darcy

When we stayed a night after a cruise, we were too early to check into the hotel, but they kept our luggage for us. We spent a good part of the day on the water taxi, then returned to the hotel just before dinner time and checked in.

All depends on day. We have had rooms early but most often just dropped our bags and started our day's activities. We just make sure we carry our impt. stuff with us .

And choose comfortable clothes to wear off the ship.

Definitely not worth it to pay for early check in for a post cruise stay.

Edited by eandj

You are least likely to get an early checkin between October and May. I've never stayed at a hotel that didn't offer luggage storage before checkin and after check out. I just give them a tip when I pick up the luggage if they don't have a bellhop.

I traveled for a living for almost 20 years in the hotel business and have never heard of a hotel charging for early check in except when the IC in Miami was scamming people.

Every hotel will hold your luggage for you if your room isn't ready.

I traveled for a living for almost 20 years in the hotel business and have never heard of a hotel charging for early check in except when the IC in Miami was scamming people.

Hyatt Place in Ft Lauderdale does & for late check out as well

Hyatt Place in Ft Lauderdale does & for late check out as well

You need to call the Hyatt Corporate Headquarters as that is against company policy.

I've worked with Hyatt for years and know this is not company standard practice. If they try and charge you while you are checking in, call from your cell phone right there and then.

Edited by BlueHerons

You need to call the Hyatt Corporate Headquarters as that is against company policy.

I've worked with Hyatt for years and know this is not company standard practice. If they try and charge you while you are checking in, call from your cell phone right there and then.

Early check in fee is on the Hyatt booking web site.

Darcy

Times are changing

As Darcy posted it is on their website for both options

Edited by LHT28