Embassy Suites email/lobby rennovations

Ms Jo UK

Just received an email from Embassy Suites FLL welcoming me in advance for our upcoming stay from September 3-5. Asking us to excuse the mess as they are working on the lobby from August 24th to September 4th. I do not recall reading any recent complaints, but I am wondering if anyone knows how much of a mess it is while I still have time to look for something else and cancel if it is bad.

Anyone know?

Just received an email from Embassy Suites FLL welcoming me in advance for our upcoming stay from September 3-5. Asking us to excuse the mess as they are working on the lobby from August 24th to September 4th. I do not recall reading any recent complaints, but I am wondering if anyone knows how much of a mess it is while I still have time to look for something else and cancel if it is bad.

Anyone know?

Working on the lobby ... I thought they had completed all their renovations last year. We've timed it and been there during the centrum and room renovations...caused us no problem at all.

It's posted on the ES website, but no specific details. I stayed there for 2 days when they were doing a major lobby renovation, and it didn't cause a problem at all, IMO. The breakfast and happy hour locations were changed, but that was it.

If you're happy with the price you paid and the ES otherwise fits your needs, I wouldn't necessarily cancel.

Roz

We got the same e-mail. Gonna stay with them and take the chance. I noticed that they are going to offer hot snacks during the cocktail hour, FREE shuttle service to the beach and or the mall, FREE passes on the Sun Trolley..seems like a good deal to me. Hubby and I want to go to Dillards because we don't have one here as he likes a particular dress shirt and they are the only store that has them and they are located in the mall that ES will shuttle us to. Looking forward to our Friday arrival at ES

• 4 weeks later...
We got the same e-mail. Gonna stay with them and take the chance. I noticed that they are going to offer hot snacks during the cocktail hour, FREE shuttle service to the beach and or the mall, FREE passes on the Sun Trolley..seems like a good deal to me. Hubby and I want to go to Dillards because we don't have one here as he likes a particular dress shirt and they are the only store that has them and they are located in the mall that ES will shuttle us to. Looking forward to our Friday arrival at ES

I'm staying there in December. Where did you read about the free shuttles to the beach and mall?

When I called to ask about shuttles, they told me they charge $9/person to take you to the FLL airport, which I think is closer than the beach.

Edited by tombec1

I'm staying there in December. Where did you read about the free shuttles to the beach and mall?

When I called to ask about shuttles, they told me they charge $9/person to take you to the FLL airport, which I think is closer than the beach.

I think the free shuttles were only during renovations.