Honeymoon

ashy1994

Hi,

I am looking to book a cruise for my partner and I around the Caribbean around July 2016. It will be for our honeymoon. I am not new to going on cruises but my partner is and it will be my first time going on a cruise with a partner. Can anyone tell us which cruise lines are most gay friendly but also offer good service and modern cabins? I am currently looking at the Norwegian Escape and the Haven Spa Suites but still considering other cruise lines like RCL , Celebrity adn Carnival.

Thank you!!! :)

Friends of ours absolutely love the Haven suites on NCL (older couple in their later 60s). We've always cruised on Royal Caribbean (we're around 50). We've not had any issues on Royal, nor have our friends on NCL, with an unfriendly experience. Service for us on Royal has been okay to good; our friends report a very good experience. We stick with Royal because we have the status in the loyalty program, but we'd love to try out Norwegian to see how they are.

Congratulations and enjoy your honeymoon!

Thank you to both replies :). Not decided yet but NCL's new ship looks so exciting. I guess RCL's Oasis class ships have more of a wow factor though due to the sheer size and amount of things to do and Celebrity for more exclusivity :). Getting closer to our decision. So exciting! Thank you for the help! :)

First off, congratulations! :D We leave the end of September to try Celebrity for our honeymoon (after 27 years together, finally legal...woohoo!). Reflection is their newest ship so it may be on par with the other new ships you are considering. We are in our mid to later 40s and really love Holland America but it does tend to go to older crowds and there is less to do at night. Sounds like you have some good choices and should have a great honeymoon.

Since you are close to deciding already we wish you good luck choosing and bon voyage!

First off, congratulations! :D We leave the end of September to try Celebrity for our honeymoon (after 27 years together, finally legal...woohoo!). Reflection is their newest ship so it may be on par with the other new ships you are considering. We are in our mid to later 40s and really love Holland America but it does tend to go to older crowds and there is less to do at night. Sounds like you have some good choices and should have a great honeymoon.

Since you are close to deciding already we wish you good luck choosing and bon voyage!

We will be going on our Celebrity honeymoon cruise after a few years together (36 to be exact) next March. We are a little south of you in Lee County.

Max

congrats!!

We love Carnival and have never had a bad experience. That said, keep in mind which ports you're going to. We had a huge issue with a ship-booked excursion in Jamaica. We'll never go there again.

Congrats on your marriage!!

As far as lines go, DH and I have never experienced any bad omens on any line we've travelled; I think they are pretty much ALL gay friendly based not only on our limited experiences but also due to reading what other CC posters have said.

There are some minor differences between the lines as far as amenities/service/food/activities though. This is something you should keep in mind since it is a honeymoon trip. We've had wonderful cruises on both Carnival and NCL but they tend to be a rowdier crowd than Holland America or Princess. Norwegian Breakaway is an amazing ship with a lot to do but the food was average at best unless you went to a surcharge restaurant [which you may want to do anyway since it is your honeymoon]. You may want to look at Princess as it is, afterall, the LOVE BOAT haha. We loved our cruise on Princess and found the service and food to be a step above Carnival and 2 steps above NCL [although if you are considering a Haven suite you will likely be wowed as friends of our who always sail in NCL's Haven rave about it...I am only giving comparisons of standard staterooms]. Princess really found a nice medium as far as who they cater to...they had a few of the poolside antics [hairy legs contest] that the less expensive lines have but also had more refined service and decor.

I also really loved Holland America Line but there is definitely a quieter atmosphere and less "activities" than many of the megaships that are geared towards a "younger" client base [i am early 30s and DH is late 40s but we tend to have more mature tastes are far as music and activities go]. Whatever you select, I'm sure you will have a wonderful time! Do let us know your final choice :)

• 2 weeks later...

We are taking the Royal Princess to celebrate our 2nd honeymoon. We had our original honeymoon at the Grand Palladium, riviera Maya and it was not what we expected ( discriminatory remarks, awful looks, no acknowledgement). They even had a honeymoon dinner at the beach and we were not invided, only heterosexual couples were. We felt like it was an ok vacation but NEVER a honeymoon.

We booked the Royal Princess and they couldn't be any more supportive or sweeter. They even gave us an upsell offer to a Mini suite.

I would check Princess, Royal Caribbean and Celebrity for a honeymoon. Btw, if considering the Oasis/Allure, they are Amazing ships!!! Bon voyage whichever u pick.

We like Princess, but it doesn't have ships scheduled to be in the Caribbean next summer. We celebrated our first anniversary of being married with an Ultimate Balcony Dinner last summer when the Caribbean Princess stayed in the U.S. The two waiters were great as was the photographer who came at the beginning to take photos.

We like Princess, but it doesn't have ships scheduled to be in the Caribbean next summer. We celebrated our first anniversary of being married with an Ultimate Balcony Dinner last summer when the Caribbean Princess stayed in the U.S. The two waiters were great as was the photographer who came at the beginning to take photos.

It's kind of funny that the only snub we have ever gotten on a cruise was on a Princess ship. We were on a cruise for our 30th anniversary and were looking forward to the cake in the main dining room on the special day. 3 other (straight) couples around us got big presentations of their cakes and congratulations from the head waiter. The head waiter then took a piece of paper out of his pocket, read it, looked over at us and kind of frowned, and then called our table waiter over to have a quiet chat. A little later the table waiter quietly brought our cake and simply set it down on the table between us. He didn't say anything but you could tell he was pretty embarrassed. The rest of the cruise was very nice but the only specific memory I have is of that incident. We have not been on Princess since.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hi,

I am looking to book a cruise for my partner and I around the Caribbean around July 2016. It will be for our honeymoon. I am not new to going on cruises but my partner is and it will be my first time going on a cruise with a partner. Can anyone tell us which cruise lines are most gay friendly but also offer good service and modern cabins? I am currently looking at the Norwegian Escape and the Haven Spa Suites but still considering other cruise lines like RCL , Celebrity adn Carnival.

Thank you!!! :)

Congratulations Ashly1994, what fantastic news and a cruise is a perfect honeymoon! :) After 13 years my fiancé and I are getting married in October this year and taking a French West Indies / Caribbean cruise from New Orleans on the Azamara Quest, which is a smaller more intimate ship. Too bad you both weren't getting married just a little later, we could all celebrate together!

We have sailed both Princess and Celebrity and feel that both demonstrate great hospitality and welcome the GLBT cruisers. The passengers on both cruise lines seemed welcoming, for the most part...of course once in a while someone turns their nose up at same-sex couples, but all the more reason for us to smile and celebrate our love and friendship with each other. We're paying for our cruise and deserve to have a good time.

Hope your wedding and honeymoon cruise are wonderful!

Gary

We celebrated our honeymoon in the Haven on the Getaway and loved it!

My DH and I are actually taking a cruise in the Haven on the Escape for our second anniversary in May.

No matter which ship you choose, I'm sure you will have a great time!

• 3 weeks later...