Any Shuttles From Miami Hotels to POM?

helen haywood

I am trying to find a shuttle company that will take me from a hotel in Miami to the port of Miami. Something like SAS which only operates FLL to POM. I wanted to make a reservation instead of queuing of in a hotel lobby fighting to save my place in line... Are there such companies or should I just book a taxi?

Taxi from downtown hotels to POM should only cost about $12+tip -- I've never had to fight for a place in the taxi line? :confused:

Cab drivers follow the money$$ - if there lots of customers then lots of cabs will head that way. What Miami hotel did you experience that?

I'm sorry. I meant I didn't want to be milling about the hotel lobby jockeying for a spot on the hotel provided shuttle. I've seen that be unpleasant. You get to the lobby early, you think you are in a line, the shuttle pulls up and people rush past you and push their way on.

I am staying at a West/Doral hotel about 12 miles from the port. Google says it will take about 22 minutes to get to the port and so I was estimating roughly $45-50 for the cab.

• 2 weeks later...

There was a post about a cruiser getting robbed in the hotel parking lot earlier this year. :eek:

Arriving late and just want a room - it will do. Want to walk around and get dinner - look for someplace else. Several nice hotels in the Blue Lagoon area near MIA are popular with cruisers and some offer packages including airport and POM shuttles.

I would still choose the hotel I want and not worry about shuttles - a $27+tip taxi will get you to the port when you want to go, not when the shuttle is full.

There was a post about a cruiser getting robbed in the hotel parking lot earlier this year. :eek:

Arriving late and just want a room - it will do. Want to walk around and get dinner - look for someplace else. Several nice hotels in the Blue Lagoon area near MIA are popular with cruisers and some offer packages including airport and POM shuttles.

I would still choose the hotel I want and not worry about shuttles - a $27+tip taxi will get you to the port when you want to go, not when the shuttle is full.

Exactly. Pick the hotel and location you want and don't worry about a few bucks for a taxi. You're spending plenty for a great cruise vacation, why clutter up the start with a second choice hotel. We agree on the hotel shuttles, they can be a PITA :) I'll spend 20-40 bucks any day to avoid them.

Edited by bouhunter