Old San Juan hotel for one night

Rneighh

I have read several of the threads regarding hotels. I need a hotel for one night near Old San Juan. The Sheraton requires a two night stay. Several people have suggested Hotel Milano, it looks pretty basic but if it is clean and safe I am okay with it.

Suggestions?

Renee

I have read several of the threads regarding hotels. I need a hotel for one night near Old San Juan. The Sheraton requires a two night stay. Several people have suggested Hotel Milano, it looks pretty basic but if it is clean and safe I am okay with it.

Suggestions?

Renee

It may be no different but you might want to check with:

www.lmtclub.com

They usually have free membership just go through the signup process and they offer rack rates at The Sheraton in Old San Juan...also I can check for you if you give me your date....I recently checked for another poster and their one night was available to book.

Edited by Ashland

We need one night for three adults on 2/13

/16.

Thanks!!!

Sheraton Old San Juan is available to book for the one night....LMTClub price total for 3 adults including all taxes in $307.18

Sorry Hotel Milano is not on their list of hotels.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
How do I sign up for LMTclub for free? I looked at the website and it mentioned a $50 annual fee?

http://www.lmtclub.com

Just go through the sign up process...free membership should then be available...no need to input any credit card info.

I (and many on these boards) use this booking site often with great success and I always get the best rates from them...even many times a direct hotel site or some other booking sites will tell you they have a minimum of 2 night stay )Sheraton Old San Juan comes to mind) not true with LMTC.

Best of luck.

Suggestions?

Renee

DO NOT STAY AT THE HOTEL MILANO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We stayed there, it was awful. Mold in the bathroom all over the place. in the shower, around the shower. The AC unit hadn't been cleaned in forever, caked in dirt. Carpets were dirty. bedspread was thin and grey (was supposed to be white). Another couple on our cruise stayed there - just as bad in their room. We gave them a not great review on trip advisor. They put up fake reviews to counter ours. We complained to trip advisor and they are looking into it. Pay a few bucks more and stay elsewhere. My one friend slept with her clothes on - it was that bad. Trust me, we aren't picky people, but this was awful

We got one night (Friday) at the Hotel El Convento. Their website says a two night minimum, but I got the one night using Priceline. With priceline you're not sure what hotel you have until after you accept and pay, but you can go to better bidding dot com and have an educated guess. They have always been correct for me.

We got one night (Friday) at the Hotel El Convento. Their website says a two night minimum, but I got the one night using Priceline. With priceline you're not sure what hotel you have until after you accept and pay, but you can go to better bidding dot com and have an educated guess. They have always been correct for me.

How did you like the hotel?

What date are you staying at El Convento and what was the price you got?

The last time we were in San Juan we stayed at Villa Herencia in OSJ. It's a quaint boutique hotel with tons of character and charm. Unfortunately it was booked already for our trip in December so we ended up staying across the street from the cruise terminal at the Sheraton. I'd stay at Villa Herencia again if we booked far enough out. We had the suite on the second floor which opened to the rooftop area.

We just got back from San Juan and stayed at the Villa Herencia. We also had the 2nd floor room that had the patio that flowed out onto the roof top deck. It was absolutely beautiful and a very romantic place to stay. Talk about charm, it did lack storage and space but I would stay there again!

• 4 weeks later...
There is also the S.J suites right on Fortaleza. Worked for us when we were there.

We stayed at the San Juan Suites a couple of years ago and it was very nice. Great location close to a lot of restaurants. It was an easy walk down to the ship in the morning. I would stay there again!

We stayed at the San Juan Suites a couple of years ago and it was very nice. Great location close to a lot of restaurants. It was an easy walk down to the ship in the morning. I would stay there again!

Good stuff, it was good for us too since we did not sleep early. Old San Juan noise did not bother us.

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express for one night on Nov 13th. I had a good

and not so good stay.......if you stay there, do not accept room 319.

It is directly on top of the elevator and it is the smallest room I can

ever recall:eek:

The Manager was helpful and so was another guest....I was able to switch rooms AND management reduced the price of the room. They were totally

sold out but this guest heard me speaking with the manager and offered

to swap rooms with me (very kind of them)...the room was larger and

as I mentioned, the manager reduced the price as well.

But giving an honest opinion about it all, I seriously doubt I would stay

here again. Many other hotels in the area........probably more $ but from

what I could see, nicer properties.

Oh, the original poster is looking for Old San Juan? Sorry.....this is in Condado....if it helps anyone else.

Edited by Lois R

We're just looking for CLEAN, reasonably priced (under $200.00) and close to restaurant's and the cruise port. Someone suggested the Hotel Casablanca. Any opinions?

Thanks,

We are staying there next Tuesday night. I finally decided I didn't want to pay over $200 a night - so I booked the $90 one. The reviews seems decent. Fingers crossed!

I've booked Chateau Cervantes for my trip in March. It has good reviews on TripAdvisor and on CC so I'm giving it a try. Right in OSJ and close to restaurants and the Pier.

We had a reservation there a couple of years ago. Just a few weeks before our reservation, we got an email from booking.com (which we booked through) that the hotel was closed due to electrical problems and our booking was cancelled. After some internet searching, I found out that their electrical problem was that they had not paid their electric bill in several months and the electricity was shut off. We were lucky to be able to get 1 night at the Sheraton across from the port. Chateau Cerventes opened back up about a week before our cruise, but I was (am) afraid to book it again. it is one of the boutique hotels that has an elevator. We checked out several that looked cute, but my husband said he was not going to carry luggage up flights of stairs. I am not able to do this so it eliminated a lot of hotels.

We are staying there next Tuesday night. I finally decided I didn't want to pay over $200 a night - so I booked the $90 one. The reviews seems decent. Fingers crossed!

Would love to hear about your hotel stay! Have a wonderful cruise :).