Antigua Reccomendations!

Taiters91

Hello!

Antigua is our 6th port on our first ever cruise in March!

We have decided to DIY as we keep changing our minds, so we will play it by ear as to what we fancy doing and may book excursions on the ship!

Any recommendations or No go's?

We are 24, newly married, and this is our Honeymoon. Our main aim of the holiday is to relax and enjoy some beautiful sites.

Our main interests would probably be beach resorts with restaurants, shops, maybe water activities or any other recommendations to make the most of the island!

We are also visiting;

Aruba

Grenada

Barbados

St Lucia

Bonaire

Congrats on your wedding! Go to the Ports boards and see what people are talking about to get an idea of what you can do. I've been to all those ports but Bonaire. I can't remember where I went for the most part, but they were all beach destinations. In Aruba, I went to Eagle beach via local bus.

If you are interested in really seeing Antigua, we highly recommend taking a tour with Christopher John. His email is chrisolejohn@live.com

He took us around the whole island. We stopped at Nelsons Dockyard, Shirley Heights, Valley Church Beach, Devils Bridge, etc.

He is a smaller operator and I think he only takes no more than 6 people.

This past January, we took a taxi with about 6 other people to Valley Church Beach and it was stunning!! I think we are going back in January when we cruise again. Taxi was only about $6 round trip and we told the driver when we wanted him to pick us back up. Cool little restaurant on the beach. It's a long beach and really fun to walk up and down. Water is gorgeous! Enjoy!

Hello!

We have decided to DIY as we keep changing our minds, so we will play it by ear as to what we fancy doing and may book excursions on the ship!

We are 24, newly married, and this is our Honeymoon. Our main aim of the holiday is to relax and enjoy some beautiful sites.

Our main interests would probably be beach resorts with restaurants, shops, maybe water activities or any other recommendations to make the most of the island!

We are also visiting;

Aruba

Grenada

Barbados

St Lucia

Bonaire

Another vote here for Valley Church! My mother, sister and I went there back in September and it was gorgeous! We were the only ship n port that day, and it wasn't crowded at all. The beach itself is beautiful, not to mention the beautiful turquoise color of the water there. They have a restaurant/ bar there called the nest, as well as vendors renting out jet skis and floats. Very nice, relaxing day there :D

• 3 months later...
Nelson's Dockyard for a little history and then Valley Church Beach for surf, sand and their killer rum punch. :)

This is exactly what DH and I want to do in a few weeks. Can you take a bus or taxi to each? Are they close enough that we won't be riding around for too long?

Hello!

We are also visiting;

Aruba

Grenada

Barbados

St Lucia

Bonaire

Honeymoon? Congratulations.

Take a day away from the cruise herds, with lunch and a beach day at Jacqui O's - Book in advance and Lance will confirm promptly.

But if arriving on a Monday, (JO closed) then book lunch and day at Cecilia's - again book in advance. Also away from the cruise herds.

Enjoy :)