Juneau in port at 2pm, excursion at 3

Skeener76

What time do they open the gangway? If we are in port at 2, can we make it to an excursion that starts at 3? We are interested in the whale watch and brewery tour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not an issue unless delayed arrival. Many times they arrive so that people can disembark at 2PM.

What time do they open the gangway? If we are in port at 2, can we make it to an excursion that starts at 3? We are interested in the whale watch and brewery tour.

No problem you could make a tour that starts at 2:15, 3:00 is easy to do.

The time posted for arrival is usually the time that the gangway is available for departure. All ship-sponsored excursions will adapt to late arrivals.

If you want to observe the sail-in, be on deck or your verandah an hour before that time.

Edited by Crew News

I doubt that you will have any issues. (Definitely not with a ship excursion, low probability with an independent one - the vendor "needs" you to be on the excursion so that they can make money.)

IF you are booking independent- be CERTAIN to mention your ship and port times. Always go with their recommendations. I would assume your port time would be totally acceptable.

With ship excursions- "always" that are acceptable.

If you book through your cruise line, they will probably have you meet at a certain time, in a certain area, and you will walk off together (if time is of the essence). Or once you walk off the ship, there will be someone standing there with a sign.

I don't know what ship you are on, but our cruise docks in Juneau at 2 and our excursion is at 2:45. We will get our tickets delivered to our cabin, usually on the first day, and it will state on the ticket where and when to meet our tour group.

Hope you have a great cruise, and I hope this helps.