Bon voyage - qm2 world cruise sectors

Cruise over...at least the segment to Singapore has come to an end. Stu is staying on till 19th when they cruise back to Au on Sun princess.

My friends have a 1 night stay in Singapore then fly back to NZ via Melbourne. They scored a great deal at the Riverview Hotel,Singapore , but I just checked it out on Trip Advisor and it is undergoing a huge refurbishment as it changes into a Sheraton Four Points Hotel.I guess they can step over the builders for 1 night.:D

2gtcf7q.jpg

xcuhap.jpg

I loathe disembarkation. Although Stu seems to have found a way to get over it with another cruise!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I hate when they hand out the disembarkation questionnaire, especially when they hand it out a week or so before the end of the cruise.

• 2 weeks later...

Sun Princess in Singapore today, Setting sail to cruise back to Australia after drydock.

Stu should be boarding today after disembarking QM2 several days ago.

20f3wy8.png

Trust this post and pic come out OK, This is my first post on my new computer.

I had to get a new one as the Vista programme I have been using

finally gave up on me.:D

Need a Nerd came today,installed a new one with Windows 10 , and we buried the old one .:D

• 2 months later...
We were on the Voyager last week when we passed the QM2! I thought that the ships might toot their horns but nothing!

Here's a photo I took on my phone - excuse the poor picture quality!

056df4fd84a651837701d69ebdb8b7e4.jpg

Great photo!, Thank You :)

Thanks! It would be great to see one taken from QM2!

Haha perhaps!

Here you go:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2372404 Plus Video :D

Sorry for the delay in posting the photos! :o, I have not had a chance till now to sort out my photo from our QM2 cruise.

Uncle Les and the boss will be on QM2 'turn around day' in Sydney next March 2, Sydney to HK. Just a taste of the legendary liner. One of my bucket list items. Cunard had some good deals out re WC sectors.

Uncle Les and the boss will be on QM2 'turn around day' in Sydney next March 2, Sydney to HK. Just a taste of the legendary liner. One of my bucket list items. Cunard had some good deals out re WC sectors.

Uncle Les, sorry to interrupt the thread, any idea if your lad will still have Mawsons hut open when we are there in Feb-Mar. Just before you board, or even in December when we're there on Emerald.

Great photo!, Thank You :)

Here you go:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2372404 Plus Video :D

Sorry for the delay in posting the photos! :o, I have not had a chance till now to sort out my photo from our QM2 cruise.

She looks great, I would be interested to see her again post refit/refurb.

Yes, some are very tempting indeed.:D

Uncle Les, sorry to interrupt the thread, any idea if your lad will still have Mawsons hut open when we are there in Feb-Mar. Just before you board, or even in December when we're there on Emerald.

Indeed Mr Gut, Mawsons Hut is a permanent attraction on the Waterfront in Hobart, have a look at the site for daily opening hours, I shall be there myself in September.

She looks great, I would be interested to see her again post refit/refurb.

Check out the work and end result on P&O UK site Mic, all there. P&O call it ..Remastered.' LOL.

Indeed Mr Gut, Mawsons Hut is a permanent attraction on the Waterfront in Hobart, have a look at the site for daily opening hours, I shall be there myself in September.

There is also a most interesting permanent exhibition on Antarctica at the Tasmanian Museum and Art Gallery, which is nearby.

http://www.tmag.tas.gov.au/whats_on/exhibitions/permanent/islands_to_ice

Thanks Uncle Les.

US$160 million just spent on 'Re Mastering QM2. Can't wait to see it either on March 2 - Syd-HK.

I have watched the video several times now and seen some of the changes, the décor looks a lot brighter, more chrome and glass rather than wood and brass.:D

I have watched the video several times now and seen some of the changes, the décor looks a lot brighter, more chrome and glass rather than wood and brass.:D

But I prefer Wood and Brass, expect to have a great time anyway.

Might throw things at Uncle Les as I disembark, I'm sure I won't be wanting to get off.

But I prefer Wood and Brass, expect to have a great time anyway.

Might throw things at Uncle Les as I disembark, I'm sure I won't be wanting to get off.

There will still be plenty of that, don't worry, you will love the ship anyway.