Uber from port to FLL

briternik

We were hoping to take a Uber to brunch somewhere on Saturday morning after docking but not sure how I would ever find the Uber with all the traffic, people etc. any suggestions?

you install the Uber/Lyft App on your phone, and "call" the uber when you are ready to be picked up. It uses GPS to locate you and the app pairs you with an available driver near your GPS location, an Uber is usually only 3-8 minutes away before it picks you up. A description of the car is always there, as well as a way to call or message the driver

Use Uber promo code if you want to: aubreyc116

using this code will get you 15.00 off your first ride, plus I'll get 15.00 off :) no pressure to use it, just putting it out there :D

I use Uber/Lyft all the time, super reliable and easy!!! Much more affordable than a cab, and the cars Uber drivers use are way nicer as well.

Thanks Aubrey! Really appreciate the code. My big concern was actually identifying the Uber car at the port with all the traffic but I didn't know i could actually call them on the cell phone! that should work great. Again, thanks for all the info!

Thanks Aubrey! Really appreciate the code. My big concern was actually identifying the Uber car at the port with all the traffic but I didn't know i could actually call them on the cell phone! that should work great. Again, thanks for all the info!

It's super easy, don't be nervous! I have done this over and over again at the port of miami, Port Everglades, pick up and drop off at the ports, pick up and drop off at airports, and these guys are super professional, they will find you and you will be surprised at how easy it is!!!!

Some of them even have sealed bottled water complimentary and chewing gum, and it's always great to meet the drivers, they are usually very nice and personable people from the area!

Good information Aubrey! It's less expensive for me to fly into West Palm Beach for a cruise from Ft Lauderdale. Can you tell me the approximate cost & how long it would take to get to Embassy Suites near the port?

LYFt: from FLL to Embassy on 17th - around $6.65. Try to go at NOT a peak time, but even with Surge pricing (peak times) it will be under 10.00

Uber: From FLL to Embassy on 17th - 11-13

Lyft is always cheaper than Uber, sometimes by a lot, sometimes by mere cents. Best to get both apps and just get price estimates within the app before you request a ride.

:) hope that helps! I have found that its typically 7-10.00 from FLL airport to anywhere on 17th street/Las Olas. And about 7-10 from 17th St/Las Olas to Port Everglades.

Just remember these are Uber X pricing, which are like normal car sizes, so depending on how much luggage you have, might not be a good option. If 2 people sharing an Uber, you can fit at least 2-3 suitcases in trunk, maybe a couple in the back with a passenger. You can sit in the front seat or put luggage up there as well. But if you have lets say 6 big suitcases, you may want to go with Uber XL, which is a larger vehicle. In Feb, 4 people, with 2 large suitcases (like checked suitcase size) and 4 roller carryons fit in the Uber X/normal Lyft car, to give you an idea. We also had backpacks/purses on our laps, but we aren't fussy, it's a VERY short ride to the port.

Also, follow both Uber and Lyft on twitter, sometimes they do promo codes on there, in addition to what you can get from friends, like 20% off all rides for the weekend in certain cities.

Edited by aubreyc1988

Taxi drivers in Fort Lauderdale are the pits! Rude ,standoffish ,don't speak to you.Given half a chance, they will take you for a ride :( If they think you do not know the area ...look out! We do!

Uber drivers are just regular folks :)

Reader

Edited by Reader0108598

Taxi drivers in Fort Lauderdale are the pits! Rude ,standoffish ,don't speak to you.Given half a chance, they will take you for a ride :( If they think you do not know the area ...look out! We do!

Uber drivers are just regular folks :)

Reader

I couldn't agree more about the awful taxi drivers.

As far as using Uber from pier to FLL, my last cruise we were going to UBER from the pier to the airport but the wait was 20 minutes so we took a taxi. Your wait could be 1 minute or 20 minutes. The app will tell you how far away the closest driver is so you know before you request the ride

It's so easy to get picked up at Port Everglades. Just follow the signs to private car pickup. There aren't that many cars coming and going in that area, which is the area you have to use anyway. We had no problem finding our Uber there.

Several reports on this board about cruisers using Uber from POM to FLL -- fare reports were in the low to mid $40's range if I recall correctly. The drive takes about 45-60 or so minutes depending upon traffic and day of the week.

Aubrey,

Any problem getting an UBER from POM to FLL?

Need to catch a Noon flight.

we've always rented a car, but assuming you disembark that day, I would say earliest you get off the ship is 8, definitely off by 9, at most an hour to FLL airport, puts you there at 10am, 2 hours before your flight. Definitely doable by car or by Uber - Uber would be faster than car, because you cut out the time needed to go pick up rental car and return, etc

Will UberXL be large enough for 3 couples with suitcases??

I am going to assume each couple will have a large suitcase, probably either one or two carry ons. And a purse or tote bag. So total of probably 7-8 suitcases.

Or will we have to do 2 cars??

Will UberXL be large enough for 3 couples with suitcases??

I am going to assume each couple will have a large suitcase, probably either one or two carry ons. And a purse or tote bag. So total of probably 7-8 suitcases.

Or will we have to do 2 cars??

An UberXL car will be an SUV or a Minivan.

Seats at least 6 passengers.

I would think you would be fine. It's not too far from the airport to the port, and maybe people can sit with some carryons next to their feet IF NECESSARY

An UberXL car will be an SUV or a Minivan.

Seats at least 6 passengers.

I would think you would be fine. It's not too far from the airport to the port, and maybe people can sit with some carryons next to their feet IF NECESSARY

Thanks, We have sailed out of FLL many many times, but just recently starting using UBER most of the time. And I have to agree with someone else that posted, FLL taxi drivers and their cars leave a lot to be desired. Don't really even care about the price difference. But its nice to be in a clean car with a friendly driver.

So it I am not a new Uber user, can I still use your coupon code??

Thanks, We have sailed out of FLL many many times, but just recently starting using UBER most of the time. And I have to agree with someone else that posted, FLL taxi drivers and their cars leave a lot to be desired. Don't really even care about the price difference. But its nice to be in a clean car with a friendly driver.

So it I am not a new Uber user, can I still use your coupon code??

i dont think so, but I do Have a Lyft Code if you haven't done lyft : aubrey851239

we will both get lyft credit if used, and i find lyft CAN be cheaper sometimes than Uber

But I agree, i hate taxis and shuttles, I feel like the service provided by both Uber and Lyft are great, price is good too, no hassle, no worries