Ft. Lauderdale Airport/Cruise Port Hotel

Plant

I found this hotel, Ft. Lauderdale Airport/Cruise Port Hotel, at 1800 S. Federal Highway (formerly Comfort Suites). It has a very good rating and very reasonable rates, with a free shuttle from the airport and a paid shuttle to the port. We usually stay at La Quinta, Hollywood, Florida, but their rating's have gone down :(. Any opinions pro or con would be appreciated. Thanks,

I found this hotel, Ft. Lauderdale Airport/Cruise Port Hotel, at 1800 S. Federal Highway (formerly Comfort Suites). It has a very good rating and very reasonable rates, with a free shuttle from the airport and a paid shuttle to the port. We usually stay at La Quinta, Hollywood, Florida, but their rating's have gone down :(. Any opinions pro or con would be appreciated. Thanks,

What dates...and what is considered reasonable for you ?

Just an FYI (with no judgment attached): Fort Lauderdale Airport/Cruise Port Hotel (formerly Comfort Suites until December 2015) is scheduled to become a Four Points by Sheraton on January 24, 2017 but that date has been slipping monthly. I think it originally was supposed to be about now; a few months ago it was supposed to be in November; etc. On the Starwood website (http://www.starwoodhotels.com/fourpoints/directory/hotels/north-america/us/fl/detail.html) it says it is not taking reservations yet.

Thanks to everyone! I think we'll probably chance booking this hotel based on the Trip Advisor review's (it's only one night, as long as it's clean). I'm glad there are some restaurants and shopping nearby.

Thanks to everyone! I think we'll probably chance booking this hotel based on the Trip Advisor review's (it's only one night, as long as it's clean). I'm glad there are some restaurants and shopping nearby.

Across the street from the hotel is a restaurant called "ernies". We ate there once and enjoyed it......it's a barbacue type restaurant...nothing fancy, but good food in our opinion:D

We stayed there in April and we were quite happy. It's a short walk from the Harbor Shops which has restaurants and wine shop. CVS and McDonalds next door. Pool is fine. Grab breakfast early as it fills up.

I have a few pictures in my review (link below)

Edited by LuCruise