Catermeran to Neevis

arumbaugh

Did anyone book at catermeran trip to Neevis through a 3rd party company? If so, what was included and who did you book through? I never book through the cruise ship (this trip is $124 through Carnival) TIA 😆

From what I've come to understand through research and from others on my upcoming cruise attempting to find an independent vendor, most of the catamaran vendors have gravitated to doing ship based excursions. More passengers and maybe a bit more $ than doing it alone and depending upon cruisers to contact them.

There are only two operators of the large catamarans that offer the snorkeling trip with a stop in Nevis, Leeward Island Charters & Blue Water Safaris both have agreements that allow the cruise line to be the agent for booking this excursion when their ships are in port. You will be hard pressed to find a third party vendor that will offer this excursion to cruise ship passengers at the pier.

• 3 weeks later...

We have booked booked directly with Leeward in the past while on a Carnival cruise and have booked with them directly for our upcoming Carnival cruise in September. I think it depends on which ships are in port on any particular day and whether they are available to book independently. You can always send an email through their website and ask. They respond within 24 hours. :)

Edited by GreytRacer

• 1 month later...
We have booked booked directly with Leeward in the past while on a Carnival cruise and have booked with them directly for our upcoming Carnival cruise in September. I think it depends on which ships are in port on any particular day and whether they are available to book independently. You can always send an email through their website and ask. They respond within 24 hours. :)

Are you by any chance on the 9/9 Valor?

We booked them last November for $95.00. We had to walk a few blocks to board their boat. We were on the Jewell. This year we will be on the Adventure and I am so hoping we can book them again. It was a lot of fun. The crew made it a great trip. Their choice of music is not my cup of tea but their dancing made up for it. They did set up a bar on the beach in Nevis. There was a family celebrating a 50th Anniversary that added to our good times. I would say about 40 folks were abroad. I am now going to try to book on line and will let you know how that goes.

I just booked for 12/5. I found their web site using trip advisory. It was $95.00 per person. They are about 4 blocks from the ship. The walk is a bit strange but don't worry. I did do a review last year on TA that maybe helpful in your decision making. This is an all day trip leaving port at 10 am. You will stop at a snorkeling site about a half hour out. They are very helpful. After snorkeling we had lunch on the boat and sailed onto Nevis. We were on the beach there for about 2 hours. You can rent a chair for $5.00 and there is shade or stay in the water the whole time like yours truly. They set up a bar on the beach which included rum punches, soda and beer. I am a big woman, 60's and get around on 2 replaced knees. This strong crew were able to help me get in and out and about. It was wonderful. They play Caribbean Music and Reggie, no Buffet sadly. Fun trip and good value. No cabs to catch. RCCL has something similar for $135.00 per person. They were aware that we were cruisers so no worries about booking independent of the ship.

I just booked for 12/5. I found their web site using trip advisory. It was $95.00 per person. They are about 4 blocks from the ship. The walk is a bit strange but don't worry. I did do a review last year on TA that maybe helpful in your decision making. This is an all day trip leaving port at 10 am. You will stop at a snorkeling site about a half hour out. They are very helpful. After snorkeling we had lunch on the boat and sailed onto Nevis. We were on the beach there for about 2 hours. You can rent a chair for $5.00 and there is shade or stay in the water the whole time like yours truly. They set up a bar on the beach which included rum punches, soda and beer. I am a big woman, 60's and get around on 2 replaced knees. This strong crew were able to help me get in and out and about. It was wonderful. They play Caribbean Music and Reggie, no Buffet sadly. Fun trip and good value. No cabs to catch. RCCL has something similar for $135.00 per person. They were aware that we were cruisers so no worries about booking independent of the ship.

Pat thanks for your reviews on this company.

I went to their website, and it says they return at 4:30. We sailaway at 5, so I am sure there is a 4:30 all aboard time - this would cut it a bit close for my comfort.

Do you remember last time, or if not, maybe you could check this time when you go in december, it they adjust for cruise schedules, and get you back a bit earlier.

I'll also email them and ask, I don't go till next Jan, so there is time.

Thansk. I have done the ship sponsored trip (pretty much the same thing), was planning to do it again, but if I can save a few bucks by doing it independently, I sure prefer that

My Ed hates to be cutting it close to boarding time and feels an hour early is right, me not so worried. They are aware of our boarding time and made sure we were back in time. They dropped us off within 4 blocks to the ship. If they did not they would loose over half their business. So follow-up on your email and make sure your are comfortable with their response. We did not have to run to get aboard so all I can tell you there was no problems getting back in time and Ed is okay for a second outing. Last year we were on the Jewell and this year we are on the Adventure.

• 1 month later...

So bad I just saw in their faq section that cruisers coming from rccl and celibrity can't booked with them directly.

How can the cruise line knows what where doing to do there?

It should be a deal made with them to avoid stealing customers and keeping Their partnership

• 4 months later...
We booked them last November for $95.00. We had to walk a few blocks to board their boat. We were on the Jewell. This year we will be on the Adventure and I am so hoping we can book them again. It was a lot of fun. The crew made it a great trip. Their choice of music is not my cup of tea but their dancing made up for it. They did set up a bar on the beach in Nevis. There was a family celebrating a 50th Anniversary that added to our good times. I would say about 40 folks were abroad. I am now going to try to book on line and will let you know how that goes.

We want to go to Sunshine's in Nevis. Do you know if they stop near there? Do you have any free time?

They just go the beach. The hours were changed and this past November they told us they could not guarantee we would be back in time for the ship's departure. Why they couldn't realize this before we were ready to board is beyond me. So disappointed but we still had a good time on the island.

I am cruising on DCL in April and we booked Leeward independently because the cruise excursion is with Blue Water Safaris and they only give 1 hour on the beach. Leeward will give us 2-2.5 hours on the beach in Nevis. They have been great by email communication and did tell me the beach we go to is next to Four Seasons and Sunshines bar so we plan to stop at both of those.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 4 weeks later...

Currently booked 3rd party with Blue Water Safaris for a 3.5 hour private power catamaran tour on may 18th. I'm cruising with the RCCL (Allure) but did not mention it during the booking conversation. Our boat is in port by 8AM and leaves at 5pm. The excursion starts at 9AM and will be done well before all-aboard. They did not ask if I was cruising and I did not volunteer information one way or another. It's a merely a transaction between a paying customer and a business. That being said, they've been very easy to work with, but I'd like to know if others have used them in the past. They do get good reviews on tripadvisor but would like to hear directly from those who have toured with them if possible. Any info is appreciated. I know it's a long shot but if anybody has actually done the 3.5 hour power catamaran tour I'd like to hear about it!