St Petersburg tour - mobility & time issues

Having reviewed the many tour companies recommended for St Petersburg, it appears there is no tour shorter than a whole day.

I am looking for a tour that would take 1/2 day (4 hrs max) and be mobility-friendly. It isn't necessary for us to get out and walk around (very much) but we would like to see some of the sights - even if it's just driving by.

Having reviewed the many tour companies recommended for St Petersburg, it appears there is no tour shorter than a whole day.

I am looking for a tour that would take 1/2 day (4 hrs max) and be mobility-friendly. It isn't necessary for us to get out and walk around (very much) but we would like to see some of the sights - even if it's just driving by.

You can contact any of the tour companies frequently mentioned on these boards - you should easily be able to book a private tour that is mobility friendly and you can choose what you wish to see. On the other hand, if you are looking to join a half day group tour that is mobility friendly, I think that you will have difficulty finding such a group tour. I would contact several companies to see what they can offer you.

Have you checked what is available through your cruise line? We are booked on Royal Caribbean on a baltics cruise next June and I will be looking for a similar tour as you describe as my parents-in-law are with us and while fairly fit I have to be mindful that they cannot walk as far as us or for as long a time. I noticed on our cruise planner that there were some half day couch tours which would take us on a drive around st.petersburg. However I am going to email SPB tours to get a price for a suitable private tour - I have read reviews of people organizing a similar type of tour through them.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Have you checked what is available through your cruise line? We are booked on Royal Caribbean on a baltics cruise next June and I will be looking for a similar tour as you describe as my parents-in-law are with us and while fairly fit I have to be mindful that they cannot walk as far as us or for as long a time. I noticed on our cruise planner that there were some half day couch tours which would take us on a drive around st.petersburg.

-------

Thank you, I did go back and reviewed the tours offered by the ship (Baltics next May). I like the vodka tasting one but actually will probably look into the Panoramic St Petersburg tour (sounds perfect, 1/2 day and rated mild). And I'll double check with some of the tour companies.

Edited by kokopelli-az

Have you checked what is available through your cruise line? We are booked on Royal Caribbean on a baltics cruise next June and I will be looking for a similar tour as you describe as my parents-in-law are with us and while fairly fit I have to be mindful that they cannot walk as far as us or for as long a time. I noticed on our cruise planner that there were some half day couch tours which would take us on a drive around st.petersburg.

-------

Thank you, I did go back and reviewed the tours offered by the ship (Baltics next May). I like the vodka tasting one but actually will probably look into the Panoramic St Petersburg tour (sounds perfect, 1/2 day and rated mild). And I'll double check with some of the tour companies.

I have just emailed a company called insider tours who have good reviews on tripadvisor and seem to be good at customizing tours. I will let you know their response.

we were looking for something similar a few years ago and contacted several private companies with our "wish list"

some companies replied with a standard form letter whereas others responded with personalised suggestions and we went with the company which seemed to understand our needs most

In the few years since there seems to have been an explosion of new companies as tour guides set up their own companies so wont be helpful to suggest the company we used as was later taken over in hostile takeover

"I have just emailed a company called insider tours who have good reviews on tripadvisor and seem to be good at customizing tours. I will let you know their response."

---------

Anxious to hear what they say. I understand why they want to do all day tours but not everyone is up to that.

"I have just emailed a company called insider tours who have good reviews on tripadvisor and seem to be good at customizing tours. I will let you know their response."

---------

Anxious to hear what they say. I understand why they want to do all day tours but not everyone is up to that.

Just had a response from them. They produced a suggested itinerary based on the info I provided but stated that I can make any changes I want. The suggested itinerary actually looks very suitable . I am quite impressed - will do a bit more research but they seem very flexible and easy to deal with. Price $239 per person based on 4 people private tour. Seems reasonable.

Just had a response from them. They produced a suggested itinerary based on the info I provided but stated that I can make any changes I want. The suggested itinerary actually looks very suitable . I am quite impressed - will do a bit more research but they seem very flexible and easy to deal with. Price $239 per person based on 4 people private tour. Seems reasonable.

Yes, that's a fair rate for a private tour. For group tours of 16 passengers, the cost is $285 per person for 16 hours of touring over 2 days. So, you could expect to pay the same amount ($285) per person for 4 people to do 4 hours of touring.