Oahu Luaus

augiesmom

trying to determine which Luau in Oahu would be the best to go to, my mom and I are spending a few days post POA cruise in Honolulu.

If there are better ones on the other islands, would like to know that too.

Have read threads already on this site, but many of the ratings were at least 7 years old. Would like to get some current opinions.

Thanks!

trying to determine which Luau in Oahu would be the best to go to, my mom and I are spending a few days post POA cruise in Honolulu.

Have read threads already on this site, but many of the ratings were at least 7 years old. Would like to get some current opinions.

Thanks!

Old Lahaina Luau and The Feast at Lele are two very popular luaus on Maui. You might consult Trip Advisor for current reviews.

If you have military connections the luau at Hale Koa (Mon & Thurs only) is spectacular. It's located beside Hilton Hawaiian Village on Oahu. The Polynesia Cultural Center is ok too, just at north end of island

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks!

My family and I went to the Paradise Cove luau a few years back, we absolutely loved it. We are doing it again post our PoA cruise in October this year.

I've been to both Paradise Cove and Germaines and enjoyed both for different reasons. Paradise Cove hands down has the best sunset views. The area it is in is on of the best places on the island for sunsets period, it's my go-to place for sunset pictures. Paradise Cove also has a lot going on. There's a lot of cultural demonstrations and there's other activities and little shops to check out while there.

Germaines has a more intimate feel to it. It was more laid back, we had a chance to get to know the people who sat near us and really just relax with a drink until the show started. Depending on time of year it also has a good view of the sunset- it is best in the winter, because it's south facing and in the winter the sun sets farther south.

I enjoyed the food at both. Neither stands out as better as far as that but I do like the tiki souvenir cups we got at Germaines. Paradise Cove uses hurricane glasses for their souvenir glasses. At both you get bigger drinks for the same price if you use a souvenir glass ;)

~Katy

• 3 weeks later...
Does the bus pick up at the Pier?

They do not list the pier on their website. Call them (808) 842-5911

The bus ride was the low point for us as they picked us up at 3:15. Of course it was needed as there were numerous spots at other hotels and then the brutal freeway drive.

Edited by PCWalton1