Trip to Caye Caulker

elklemi

Last week was on Sunshine and used Coral Breeze to get to Caye Caulker. Went as observer and this was a nice way to spend time on the island and not worry if the ferry would make it or miss the boat. They do a great job and worry free if you are planning such a trip

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the info. I just booked thru Coral Breeze for our Magic cruise (11 more days!!!). My friends are going to go out snorkeling while I explore a little. Do you recall about how far it is to the Split from where you are dropped off on the Caye? Do anything fun when you were there? Thanks!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Forums mobile app

I did the same in October and had a great time. I just walked around, found a guy grilling lobster on the side of the road, he had a cooler with beer and even fresh coconut milk. We went to the Lizard and had a swim and went back to the drop off to catch the boat back.

Great day at the Lazy Lizard, met a few expats there and we're building in Playa so enjoyed talking to them.

The current is swift at the split, we didn't snorkel so can't comment. One guys dog swam across the Split and that was something to see.

We took the water taxi, not sure if Coral B drops you at that dock or elsewhere. From there it's a 15 min leisurely stroll or 5 min cart.

Looking forward to returning for a long weekend to enjoy more there...

Edited by blue_water

Thanks for the info. I just booked thru Coral Breeze for our Magic cruise (11 more days!!!). My friends are going to go out snorkeling while I explore a little. Do you recall about how far it is to the Split from where you are dropped off on the Caye? Do anything fun when you were there? Thanks!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Forums mobile app

we are on the 1/7 Magic as well

Great day at the Lazy Lizard, met a few expats there and we're building in Playa so enjoyed talking to them.

The current is swift at the split, we didn't snorkel so can't comment. One guys dog swam across the Split and that was something to see.

We took the water taxi, not sure if Coral B drops you at that dock or elsewhere. From there it's a 15 min leisurely stroll or 5 min cart.

Looking forward to returning for a long weekend to enjoy more there...

The Coral B drop off must be near the ferry because some friends of our took it back that wanted to leave early.

We are using Coral Breeze to Caye Caulker on our 2/18 Magic Cruise. I was wondering about the availability and price of golf cart rentals. Is it possible to make a reservation for this in advance or is it easy to get one when you arrive? I know it is a very walkable island, but will be traveling with my mother who has some issues with her foot when walking a lot so I thought this would be a better way for us to explore with her. Thanks!!!

We are using Coral Breeze to Caye Caulker on our 2/18 Magic Cruise. I was wondering about the availability and price of golf cart rentals. Is it possible to make a reservation for this in advance or is it easy to get one when you arrive? I know it is a very walkable island, but will be traveling with my mother who has some issues with her foot when walking a lot so I thought this would be a better way for us to explore with her. Thanks!!!

We did this last April. Coral Breeze called ahead (talked to them at the pier when we were getting ready to get on the boat) and had two golf cart arrive at the pier when we docked. It was awesome. It was cheap and we had two well-maintained golf carts for the four of us. We went from one end of the island to the other and back to the backside as well. Really explored, stopped for food and drinks along the way including the Lazy Lizard twice. We just left the golf carts when we picked them up (as directed) and got on the boat to leave. It was simple and CoralBreeze staff (Star was her name) set it all us via radio while we were heading out.

We did this last April. Coral Breeze called ahead (talked to them at the pier when we were getting ready to get on the boat) and had two golf cart arrive at the pier when we docked. It was awesome. It was cheap and we had two well-maintained golf carts for the four of us. We went from one end of the island to the other and back to the backside as well. Really explored, stopped for food and drinks along the way including the Lazy Lizard twice. We just left the golf carts when we picked them up (as directed) and got on the boat to leave. It was simple and CoralBreeze staff (Star was her name) set it all us via radio while we were heading out.

Great info, thanks so much!

Ok, we were looking at booking a private excursion as opposed to a cruise ship excursion. I was concerned that IF the snorkel boat didn't pick us back up as we are going as observer not actually snorkeling that IF the boat broke down or they didn't come back to get us we'd be stranded.

However, IF there is a ferry that runs back and forth then we'd have the option of taking that back???

The boat always comes back. They aren't going to leave you there. I went as an "observer" just to have a reliable and definite way of getting there and back. Caye Caulker is a neat little island, and worth a visit...

Ok, we were looking at booking a private excursion as opposed to a cruise ship excursion. I was concerned that IF the snorkel boat didn't pick us back up as we are going as observer not actually snorkeling that IF the boat broke down or they didn't come back to get us we'd be stranded.

However, IF there is a ferry that runs back and forth then we'd have the option of taking that back???