Would like help deciding which excursion!

Harrylinden

Going in May on the Equinox.We can;t decide between these 2 excursions Celebrity offers.The first is the Catamaran Cruise with Lobster lunch and the second one is the Antigua Beach Extravaganza.Anyone do either of these excursions? If so which one would be better? Any help would be appreciated!

Going in May on the Equinox.We can;t decide between these 2 excursions Celebrity offers.The first is the Catamaran Cruise with Lobster lunch and the second one is the Antigua Beach Extravaganza.Anyone do either of these excursions? If so which one would be better? Any help would be appreciated!

Many years since we cruised Celebrity. It would appear your two trips are quite similar to ones we took.

Therefore, if the Cat trip with lobster lunch is a sail to a "private island" for lunch and inclusive drinks, then this could be to Prickly Pear Island, if so, then take it. A far better experience.

Note: The numbers are limited for PPI (think it was only 40), whereas a mainland beach will not, same being open to world,

Dear Harrylinden,

Celebbrity is a nice line. It was even better before being eaten by RCL :NYSE.

The Catamaran Cruise is great. But always remember the Lobster they say is not actually a real Lobster..eh/..

But Caribbean Seafood is great !

• 3 weeks later...

We want on the Excellence which is the tour around the island with lunch and beach time. It is appox. 6 hrs and was a ball. Just so you know the boat is different than the Lobster tour. The Excellence is a 3 level power cat that does around 40 to 50 miles a hr. and is about a 1.5 million boat . You get to see the whole island and have nothing but fun. We are going back this Dec on the Reflection and doing the same tour again! I can send you photos ! Bob

• 7 months later...
We want on the Excellence which is the tour around the island with lunch and beach time. It is appox. 6 hrs and was a ball. Just so you know the boat is different than the Lobster tour. The Excellence is a 3 level power cat that does around 40 to 50 miles a hr. and is about a 1.5 million boat . You get to see the whole island and have nothing but fun. We are going back this Dec on the Reflection and doing the same tour again! I can send you photos ! Bob

We are thinking of doing this tour next month. 6 hours just sounded really long. Can you post some pictures please?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

We are scheduled on the Excellence in December. It's a high speed Cat...we cruise for about 1:45 and then spend 3 hours on a beach...snorkel if you like...fish and chicken buffet...rum punch after you finish snorkeling...then 1:45 back. I'll let you know what we think upon our return!!

We did Excellence in 2016. I was not impressed. We booked through Royal Caribbean and it was too crowded. Very hard to find seating. It was a fairly rough day and if you were outside you had to deal with wind and seaspray. We stopped at one island and there was on beach chairs available. Everyone assumed this was the snorkel and lunch spot so we all "ran" for beach space. Turned out this was a short snorkel stop. The snorkeling was fine, but the guides were pretty "demanding." I will say that due to the rougher seas (not their fault), if you were not experienced you had to be careful not to get pushed into the reefs. After we left we went to another beach that was nice. Much more availability of beach space and nice, calm water for swimming and relaxing. Lunch was served and it was fine. As we traveled around the leeward side of the island you could go upstairs and up forward much more comfortably.

So, here are my problems. First and foremost, this tour was a combination of 2 different cruiseships, and we stopped at a resort and boarded more passengers. Way too crowded. Seating was too limiting so if you got a seat, you didn't leave it or you lost it. The rougher seas and wind were not their fault, but did make part of the tour uncomfortable. They didn't make if clear that the first stop was a short snorkeling stop.

For me, I would not recommend it. Others have had a better experience.