Booking onboard

aidee49

On board credit and friends and family vouchers are the benefit. There are no better deals on board then you can get on line.

All ship have a Future Cruise Desk except Carnival Imagination and Carnival Inspiration.

The OBC varies with the length of cruise you book and on which ship you are sailing when you book.

On most ships the OBC is as follows:

50 USD per stateroom on a 3, 4 or 5 day cruise

$75 USD per stateroom on a 6 day cruise

$100 USD per stateroom on a 7, 8, 9, 10 or 11 day cruise

$200 USD per stateroom on a 12 day cruise or longer cruise

On the Vista, Conquest and Glory, there are no F&F vouchers and the OBC is a flat $50. This was to be a test and may have changed recently.

If I know I am going to book a cruise prior to sailing I will wait but lately I am booking longer more unique cruises and find the best price on those tend to be the day they are announce. It doesn't make sense to wait until I am onboard with these cruises.

What are the current benefits of booking onboard Carnival? Or why do you feel is worthy?

Sent from my Coolpad 3622A using Forums mobile app

Getting free on board credit for a few minutes at the Future Cruise Desk is definitely worth booking a cruise on a cruise.

I figure out exactly what I want ahead of time, then book on board for the OBC. I usually do it early during the cruise to avoid lines. It's worked well.

We always book a "sleeper" cruise. We ask the Future Cruise Agent to book the shortest, farthest out cruise available, using Past Guest Rate ONLY. When we get home, we have two years to take the cruise (which would never happen), cancel the cruise with no penalty (hence PG Rate), or, most likely, transfer the booking number to just the right cruise. Our on board credit changes with the length of the new cruise.

We've done this many times already. Two of the new cruises were 13 days sailing so our obc jumped to $200. The rest were seven or eight days cruises so the new obc was $100.

• 2 weeks later...
Getting free on board credit for a few minutes at the Future Cruise Desk is definitely worth booking a cruise on a cruise.

We always book a "sleeper" cruise. We ask the Future Cruise Agent to book the shortest, farthest out cruise available, using Past Guest Rate ONLY. When we get home, we have two years to take the cruise (which would never happen), cancel the cruise with no penalty (hence PG Rate), or, most likely, transfer the booking number to just the right cruise. Our on board credit changes with the length of the new cruise.

We've done this many times already. Two of the new cruises were 13 days sailing so our obc jumped to $200. The rest were seven or eight days cruises so the new obc was $100.

Does this work oppositely? If I book a cruise now online can I go to the future cruise desk on my next cruise and have that switched over to that for the OBC bonus?

Just be advised not all ships allow you to book future cruises as the future cruise desks have been eliminated from some ships

[YOUTUBE]uk-kPsONpPs[/YOUTUBE]

If you do book onboard with early saver make sure if you use price protection you call instead of using the online form so you can make sure they keep the OBC.

Does this work oppositely? If I book a cruise now online can I go to the future cruise desk on my next cruise and have that switched over to that for the OBC bonus?

Assuming your booking is not ES or within cancellation penalty period, you can always cancel your online booking on date of sailing and rebook your cruise on the ship to get OBC.

You won't get the bonus retroactive - has to be a newly booked cruise

Assuming your booking is not ES or within cancellation penalty period, you can always cancel your online booking on date of sailing and rebook your cruise on the ship to get OBC.

And hope your room does not get taken in the time it takes for the future cruise desk to open up

Thanks for the information.

You won't get the bonus retroactive - has to be a newly booked cruise

And hope your room does not get taken in the time it takes for the future cruise desk to open up

Thanks....I'll only take the chance if there are a few rooms available. I figure it's a good idea to lock in a spa room for next year since the one I want this year is all sold out. So this seems like a smart way to do it.

Side question....Can you change past guest rate to Early saver later for the price protection and maybe cheaper price or would you need to cancel and rebook that also?

Thanks for the information.

Thanks....I'll only take the chance if there are a few rooms available. I figure it's a good idea to lock in a spa room for next year since the one I want this year is all sold out. So this seems like a smart way to do it.

Side question....Can you change past guest rate to Early saver later for the price protection and maybe cheaper price or would you need to cancel and rebook that also?

You would have to cancel and re-book that as well

Now I am not sure if it is possible but perhaps you can cancel the room you want as your standing at the future cruise desk so that they could immediately re-book you and snag your room back (My guess is you would need to have access to phone to call them to cancel though as I don't think they can cancel reservations on the boat) - But it is a bit of time away you could have someone going on a cruise check and see if they have the ability to cancel cruises for you

Now I am not sure if it is possible but perhaps you can cancel the room you want as your standing at the future cruise desk so that they could immediately re-book you and snag your room back (My guess is you would need to have access to phone to call them to cancel though as I don't think they can cancel reservations on the boat) - But it is a bit of time away you could have someone going on a cruise check and see if they have the ability to cancel cruises for you

Cool....Thanks for info. We're doing a back to back so I'll likely be able to cancel at the end of the first leg and then rebook the first moment of the second leg. I'm not overly particular about the room and we'll be a year out for the next cruise, so hopefully they will have a few options left. I just wanna make sure I lock it in now just in case.

Carnival allows you to cancel your cruise online if you have access to your account and internet. Alternatively, book a similar cabin on the cruise and cancel your earlier online booking when you get home.

They always try to sell you early saver. Check and double check your paperwork. Guy lied to me. Got home and wanted to change cabins and was told it was ES when I clearly said past guest. They did allow me me to downgrade because I have the best PVP.

I noticed this also because the lady looked surprised when I told her I wanted to book past guest and not early saver. We always book a year out and then come home and make some type of change whether it's the ship or actual cabin. When we get closer we usually change over to a early saver rate if it's a good deal and plans are more concrete. They just assume you want lowest fare regardless of penalty fees lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums