Which Itinerary Did You Choose and WHY?

mrsnowka

Great post.

I've been thinking/wondering the EXACT same thing.

I went with the Crete cruise in spite of me thinking Malta would be a much superior port. Other than I've been to some of these ports before (not Malta), I can't give you a good reason but with all of the ports I'd pick Malta over any of them. If I hadn't been to Rome and Naples, those would be tops but they're on both cruises anyway.

The reason I picked the Crete cruise is....for us

Possibly another day in Barcelona

A "free" room in Athens and can stay out and about late 1 night w/o having to transfer to a hotel

A few more days in Istanbul post cruise

It's really about the days/dates and how it lines up with our travel plans pre/post cruise. Now if only our flights will play along.......

Edited by fuddrules

Great post.

I've been thinking/wondering the EXACT same thing.

I went with the Crete cruise in spite of me thinking Malta would be a much superior port. Other than I've been to some of these ports before (not Malta), I can't give you a good reason but with all of the ports I'd pick Malta over any of them. If I hadn't been to Rome and Naples, those would be tops but they're on both cruises anyway.

The reason I picked the Crete cruise is....for us

Possibly another day in Barcelona

A "free" room in Athens and can stay out and about late 1 night w/o having to transfer to a hotel

A few more days in Istanbul post cruise

It's really about the days/dates and how it lines up with our travel plans pre/post cruise. Now if only our flights will play along.......

Thanks for your input...I chose the same before reading your response...I liked the Athens free hotel idea, that makes me feel better about my choice. I will go join the roll call now! We will have to discuss Crete options! So excited!

Thanks for your input...I chose the same before reading your response...I liked the Athens free hotel idea, that makes me feel better about my choice. I will go join the roll call now! We will have to discuss Crete options! So excited!

Just so you're aware, we'll be neighbors on the ship....if you stick to your original cabin location (and us too). Hope we don't scare you too much to make you move.:D

Edited by fuddrules

We are bound by school calendars so we could not do our first 2 choices (May 1 or Aug 6). We had to travel in June or July so that left the 8 and 10 day itineraries. We first knocked off the 8 day as not long enough. The two 10 day itineraries were almost identical except for the Crete/Malta change. The thing that pushed us over was the overnight in Athens. We did not want to do an overnight because we feel it is not a good value and it's kind of like you lose a day of your cruise.

So we ultimately booked the June 21 Athens to Barcelona.

Just so you're aware, we'll be neighbors on the ship....if you stick to your original cabin location (and us too). Hope we don't scare you too much to make you move.:D

Scare us...we have 2 kids lol...you might want to move :) We can all hope for an upgrade call right :)

We chose the August 12 day because:

1) Its in summer holiday time and we are teachers

2)We prefer 10+ day cruises

3) It had Greece and Croatia within the voyage (Been to Italy and Spain a lot)

If it was not for school holidays we would be on the 13 day May 1st voyage and if we ever get fired from out jobs you can bet we will be sailing on it....er...dunno how that would work money wise. :)

For us it was the cabins, the look of the ship, and we wanted to try Carnival :D

We were lucky and managed to get a Havana suite and Havana inside near each other

We are limited due to school dates so either July and August for us.

We went with the 8 day 26th August as we really enjoyed Barcelona on our last

visit and if the local airport keep similar flying days it will give us 2 days before

and 1 day after the cruise.

We have done all of the ports at least once and visited on land based holidays so

they were not that important to us, we hoping to make the most of the ship while most are off exploring,

though we did find Marseilles an unexpected treasure and we are looking forward to going back.

Damon and Family

We chose the transatlantic. All the itineraries are tempting truthfully, but here is our reasons.

- We had to cancel the Sunshine transatlantic due to promotion reasons. Broke my heart!

- The price (at the time we booked) was unbeliavably great.

- It hits Bermuda and Gibraltar - two places on our bucket list.

We chose the 10-night from Barcelona on 6/11. The first half of the cruise goes to some of the previous ports that we've visited and liked, plus added Rome (where we haven't been), and the second half goes to Ephesus and then an overnight in Athens.

We've been searching and searching for the perfect Med cruise (for us) and this totally fits the bill. The brand new ship is a bonus!

We booked a cabana but I'm still up in the air about it. May change for a spa balcony depending on the finalized smoking section/privacy issues are addressed 'in stone'.

I chose June 11th sailing for a few reasons: my DD would be out of school. I ALWAYS wanted to go to Greece and I love the idea of having an over night in Athens. Also since I have to purchase airfare anyway, I might as well do the longer cruise so I wanted the 10 day.

We chose the TA because we enjoyed the Breeze TA so much. We also like all the sea days and relaxing on the ship.

The Med cruises are very port intensive and we would feel exhausted visiting a port almost every day. Also we booked the day after the literariness were announced and could not believe how reasonable the rates were for a 13 Day cruise. As of today our 8D aft wrap balcony cabin is $450 PP higher than when we booked on Friday.

We did not want to be on the first couple cruises of a new ship. Eight day cruises did not seem as appealing. August was looking a little to hot for my wife and July was that much further away.So we ended up choosing June 21 as it meant our youngest was missing just the last couple weeks of school where they are not doing much anyhow.

With this date I can also get a little bit of extra time off and we are going to spend 4 days in Rome & 2 days in Athens before the cruise and then end it off with a day in Barcelona and 2 days in Paris.:)

We booked the last Med and the T/A. This will be the first time for us on a B2B, first T/A and first time to any of the ports! As soon as I knew when Vista was going to start sailing I knew I had time to save up so I went for my dream cruise! I love days at see and history so these are perfect for me and my mom! Can't wait. Hopefully rates will settle down and who knows maybe even drop a little!;)

I had to choose the 8-day on July 29th.

This will be the 1st cruise over in Europe for my family & myself so while I would have absolutely loved to do the 10 or 12 day, not everyone in my party is able to take the same amount of time off.

Also, one family member already has work obligations in June & early July so it literally left me 1 date to pick from (since I had to be mindful of my nieces school start date as well). Unfortunately, July 29th is at the moment the most expensive of the 8 day itineraries.

On the brighter side, I'm making the best of the situation and making plans to head out 5 days earlier to see Greece with some friends who can't cruise for 8 days but can travel for a few there before traveling on to the port of Barcelona for the cruise.

10 day May 24th out of Athens because it had Athens and Izmir and they are both on my bucket list.

We did Barcelona, Marseille, Rome and Naples in 2013 and we are excited about being able to do what we missed in those cities. We missed Florence due to high winds so we are excited about getting there. And we spent 3 days in Barcelona in 2013 and fell in love with that city so we plan to spend a day or two there on the back end.

It doesn't hurt that I with weekends and Memorial Day I get 5 "free" days and only have to take 9 vacation days ;)

If anyone is a first timer and I can help with any of the cities we have already visited I will be happy to share our experiences.

doesn't hurt that I with weekends and Memorial Day I get 5 "free" days and only have to take 9 vacation days ;)

We also looked at how many vacation days we would have to use and by combining with the July 4th long weekend we only need 10. It means we really can't leave until Saturday which only gives us 2 nights/1 1/2 days in Athens but with my large group of working adults it is what it is!

We also looked at how many vacation days we would have to use and by combining with the July 4th long weekend we only need 10. It means we really can't leave until Saturday which only gives us 2 nights/1 1/2 days in Athens but with my large group of working adults it is what it is!

I figure if we fly out on Saturday, we are in Athens by Sunday giving us Sunday, Monday and most of Tuesday in Athens. Then off the ship bright and early on Friday in Barcelona giving us Friday and Saturday in Barcelona and fly home on Sunday. We spent 3 days in Barcelona in 2013 so 2 more days will be perfect to see some of the things we missed.

I am bringing my son, who at cruise time will be 18 and a college student so earlier in May won't work and August and after are out of the question, so it was either this cruise or the reverse one out of Barcelona and ending in Athens. I figured after 10 days on the ship we would be more comfortable in a city we were somewhat familiar with.

Hi everyone,

We chose 9/13/16 10 Night Athens to Barcelona because the timing worked for us and our friends that are going with us. First Med cruise for both of us and only our 2nd time on Carnival. Got the 9C Premium Vista Balcony -- hope that's a good choice? Normally we get a suite when we cruise but, with the cost of the entire vacation plus the larger balcony and the after wrap I'm hoping it'll feel bigger than some of the other balcony cabins, and be a good value / choice.

I just read that the Breeze is similar to the Vista so will take a look at some pictures on the threads here. We're thrilled to be going. :D

Hi! We finally chose the 10 day May 14 sailing out of Barcelona. I had the same dilemma as you as to whether choose Malta or Crete. We went with Crete because my husband preferred it 😄 Plan to spend an extra day in Athens before flying home. This will be our 2nd Med cruise. The ports in Greece and Turkey will be new to us though and I'm so excited!!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums