protecting my belongings in Bermuda

You get this plastic money holder. You can put your money, credit cards and your license. It comes with a string that you can wear around your neck when you go swimming or you can put it in your bathing suit pocket. It keeps everything dry. You can get it on board the ship. It costs about $6.00. It really works.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hello everyone!!

I have a question. What do you do with your belongings (license, CC, cash) when you go to the beach in Bermuda for the day? Where do you put them when everyone on your party is in the water?!?

;)

Bermuda is pretty safe. I usually leave it in a pocket almost everywhere. You could always put the license and even cash in a bathing suit pocket.

The DH and I have those plastic diving cases for money/cards (which I also put in the ziplock just in case water seeps in). We have never had an issue on ship or at beaches. That said my old school remebr when if you are a person of a certain age: In the 50's when we went to Jones Beach in New York my father would say to the person next to us, "hey will ya watch my stuff (our food, books, money etc.)". There was always a "sure' answer. A total stranger took on the responsibility of watching someone's personal belongings. Trust me there are things I don't miss about those times but alas as I carry my Paperwhite to the beach/pool I always hope there are still people out there silently watching my stuff but if not I keep at least for my money and cards one of those annoying plastic things around my neck!:D

Hello everyone!!

I have a question. What do you do with your belongings (license, CC, cash) when you go to the beach in Bermuda for the day? Where do you put them when everyone on your party is in the water?!?

;)

I use a waterproof case like this.

Waterproof_Case_1986.jpg

It holds credit card sized items: Cruise card, Credit card, and your cash. I loop-tie it to my swim suit, then tuck it away.

Edited by untailored bostonian

Someone has suggested wrapping valuables in a disposable diaper.

A used one would probably deter even more theft. ;)This is actually a good idea. As long as you are not going too far from your stuff anywhere outside of a purse/wallet will usually be safe.

I use a waterproof case like this.

Waterproof_Case_1986.jpg

It holds credit card sized items: Cruise card, Credit card, and your cash. I loop-tie it to my swim suit, then tuck it away.

Honestly, I find you are more likely to lose stuff using these kind of cases than you are to be a vicitim of theft. This particular one looks good, but I have lost or nearly lost these kind of pouches or money sacks a few times over the years. Cords break. Pins fail etc.

I also use one of these plastic cases with a ziplock bag (snack size) inside for extra protection.

As I am a female, the cord goes around my neck and the case is tucked down inside the neckline of my suit. My husband ties it to his bathing trunks and places the case inside the trunk's pocket or tucks it down inside his suit.

It will work just fine until the brazen thief steals the beach chair or whatever it is fasten to !

Best to fasten to a 500 pound anchor let-em try and swim away with that !

I have a similar device for securing my laptop - move the locking control module or cut the cable and an awful racket is made !

I also use one of these plastic cases with a ziplock bag (snack size) inside for extra protection.

As I am a female, the cord goes around my neck and the case is tucked down inside the neckline of my suit. My husband ties it to his bathing trunks and places the case inside the trunk's pocket or tucks it down inside his suit.

We do exactly the same thing. Always use a zip-lock, as they do sometimes leak when the seal gets a bit old.