Top Chef Trips

hypercafe

Since Oceania is such a foodie line I wonder why they do not do things like this? Celebrity does and they are lots of fun. You get to see the people from the TV show cook and the dishes are on the menu

Sent from my XT1032 using Forums mobile app

Since Oceania is such a foodie line I wonder why they do not do things like this? Celebrity does and they are lots of fun. You get to see the people from the TV show cook and the dishes are on the menu

Sent from my XT1032 using Forums mobile app

I do believe that Mr. Pepin does a cruise or two a year with a focus on food. I think he's been on TV a time or two.

Indeed.

Jacques Pepin was aboard our Regatta trans-Atlantic a few years ago. He did cooking demonstrations; worked out in the gym with those of us trying to sweat off the calories he had forced down our gullets; sat at the bar and enjoyed a martini with whichever passengers happened to be there. An altogether normal guy who happens to be able to cook better than most of us can. Certainly better than moi.

Edited by DrHemlock

I suspect that Mr. Pepin is under contract with Oceania. This may preclude other chefs from coming on board. We are not a lover of French cuisine but find his food to be amazing. We booked his restaurant on the first night of our upcoming cruise. Just thinking about it makes our mouth water.

... This may preclude other chefs from coming on board...

It wouldn't seem so - I'm not sure of the details but I saw the other day that one of our local chef/restaurateurs (John Memering of Cactus Bistro) is scheduled to host several culinary events on Regatta in March 2015.

I don't know if that is something set up by a local travel consortium or is hosted by Oceania (although I saw no mention of it on their website) but it indicates that the concept is viable.

It wouldn't seem so - I'm not sure of the details but I saw the other day that one of our local chef/restaurateurs (John Memering of Cactus Bistro) is scheduled to host several culinary events on Regatta in March 2015.

I don't know if that is something set up by a local travel consortium or is hosted by Oceania (although I saw no mention of it on their website) but it indicates that the concept is viable.

Must be a group they have put together

They have it advertised as the Regatta with 1250 passengers

with hands on culinary centre

Someone is confused ;)

The flyer is for the Riviera

Edited by LHT28